Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Opinions Needed! Sun Day Red

You can't reinvent TW unless he can play to a reasonable level, compete on Sunday's....

Look what happened to the Golden Bear logoed items when Jack no longer competed on Sunday....

TM made a huge investment based on Sun Day that I don't think is going to play out. Tiger's image was injured before all of the physical injuries that prevent him from competing at the highest level. 

Hate to not to see all of the spectacular, impossible shots that he provided through the years......but....

Pars & Birdies!

Survey done… I’m in the ‘not bothered’ camp.. as I feel this will be expensive in the current climate and I’m not a massive fan of the logo or anything… his iconic fist pump is comparable to the Seve logo and would have been much better imho but there you go… 

Will I buy anything - very unlikely - I totally understand why he’s done it - splitting from Nike had to do something but Nike obviously don’t see commercial value in pursuing further at this point… 

WITB > Stealth 2 Driver > Mizuno STG 3 & 5 woods > Mizuno 243 Irons > Vokey SM9 Wedges (50,54,60)

25 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

if the merchandise price point is too high, I don't see the average golfer or even fans ponying up big bucks. 

I second that! For example Greyson has some good looking clothes but the price point is stupid

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

27 minutes ago, meteorinnov8 said:

TM exec said Sun Day split because not every day is Sunday but we all want days that are sunny. It think it’s because you can’t trademark common words or combinations. Has to be unique to be granted by Patent and Trademark Office.

IMO (being in the design, branding and marketing biz for 4 decades), line should have been named Red Sun Day. Red sunrise would have been a better, more aspirational logo. As it is, the logo’s broken lines have too many broken lines, like Tiger’s broken too many times. And FFS, the logo needs to be in red on every item. Somebody at TM really messed that up 

The Sun Day is just room for changing it to suM day

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

I think the name Sunday Red is very cool as is the tiger logo (17 stripes one for each of his major wins), very creative.   What was perplexing is how it is marketed as SUN DAY RED.  Then I learned that there is a British company that already owns and has been using the “Sunday Red” name for some 15 years.  I find the “SUN DAY RED” kind of annoying.  I was not a big fan of Nike or the TW logo and never motivated to actually purchase anything from Nike.  I am a Taylor-Made fan and think they make very good clubs and golf balls but again… I’m not a customer for SUN DAY RED. 

I’m disappointed in the wording on the logo, I do like the tiger. I’d rather support companies like https://pinsandaces.com/ https://parhopper.com/ https://saucegolf.com/ https://chucogolf.com/ I am a huge fan of Tiger Woods and what he means to golf, but I’m an even bigger fan of the companies that bring a quality product to market and are trying to compete with the big boys. To me, that’s what we are all about.

IMG_4058.jpeg

IMG_4057.jpeg

IMG_4055.jpeg

IMG_4059.jpeg

Edited by Erin B
Spelling

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

Looks like another corny version of Greg Norman’s line, but costs way more. Won’t be buying anything. Tiger was the man but he’s washed up now. No shame in that, happens to everyone. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

With the exception of a couple of Rhoback hoodies, I primarily buy my polos, and clothes in general, from Costco. At some point, a Sun Day Red garment will be available there for $12 and I’ll pick it up. Until then, nah.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Like the “tiger”, meh on the name.  For me if they had gone with El Tigre or something similar, I think it would have a wider appeal.  The clothing price point will likely be well north of the average golfer’s spend point….

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Done

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Talk about a complete bummer...from the logo, to the designs to the spelled out "Sun Day Red".  Felt like they could have done so much more.

Just your typical average golfer...if there's a tree, I'll hit it!

If Tiger is going to keep releasing shirts that “pay homage” to some of his greatest moments then I’m all for it!  

that being said I think the overall stuff I’ve seen is just okay at best.  It looks like something someone would buy you as a gift because they know you are a golfer, but have no idea about anything related to golf.  And the logo…uggg, that’s the best they could come up with.  I didn’t mind the center position on the outerwear, but the logo itself is just “meh.”

TSR 2 Driver.

TSR 3 3 wood and hybrid.

Ping G425 7 wood.

Srixon 785 irons.

RTX and Vokey wedges.

Odyssey 7 flat stick.

2 hours ago, jolter1 said:

To me the logo could have been given a little more thought. There is nothing wrong in the tiger part, sun day red just doesn't sound right.

This is pretty much where I fall also. I don't mind the tiger logo, I just think the brand should've been an easy "Tiger" instead of Sun Day Red. I think I'll end up getting used to it, but right now I can't get over the Pat Mcafee version of saying the brand name! 😆

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Done. I will say that the logo is fine. It's placement is not. Maybe the collar on either side? Or the back center below the collar, or even the sleeves?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

I feel like the Logo is too close to Slazenger and Puma, and other cat brands. They could've done something a little more inspired. 

As for the clothing, it will really depend on the quality and price point. Are they coming in at Travis Matthew, Malbon, Peter Millar prices?  If they are, then the quality needs to be up there in regards to materials and performance. If the put premium price, on bulk made in china quality and materials, then it's going to find itself on steep discount brand name shelves with other brands like Greg Norman Shark clothes.  

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

Love the new Logo, but I know I won't be able to afford it.

I'm 72 years old and I enjoy playing golf at least once a week.

PXG 0211 Driver 10.5, with graphite senior shaft

PXG 0211 3W, 5W and 7W, with graphite senior shaft

Cobra F-Max Hybrid set 6,5,4 Hybrids, 7,8,9,PW,GW, graphite senior shaft (I'm old)

C3i 59 degree Sand Wedge, steel shaft

Odyssey DFX Double Wide 33" putter

Cool logo

Drivers: TaylorMade r7 SuperQuad 10.5 degree w/ Ventus blue regular shaft and Titleist TSR3 9 degree w/ Kuro Kage regular shaft

Fairway woods: Taylormade Burner 15 w/ regular shaft. Titleist TS2 18 w/ Kuro Kage regular shaft

Irons: Ping G425 irons 5-PW w/ Alta CB shafts

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 921 gap 51 steel. Ping Glide 56 steel. Titleist Vokey SM-07 60 steel 

Grips: Golf Pride MCC midsize plus 4 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura midsize

Balls: Titleist Pro V1 and Titleist Velocity

I mean, they could called it Tiger Red, dropped a basic logo like this;unnamed.png.3917a47ae0ad21d60ac4b2d62d6733dc.png

and it would have made more sense than the weird ass version they came out with. 

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

14 minutes ago, RanMan said:

Sad, looks like something out of a kids clothes shop. 
A long way from Nike.

Funny you should mention that. I had read a blog somewhere stating that he was pushing this line to get out to the youth beginning on golf journeys. Also Charlie is also going to be sponsored for his clothing from this line.  

Funny enough, the tiger logo turned sideways is a representation of his surgeries. 

Tiger looked great in his Sun Day Red gear, then agian he looks great in any gear.   From a style perpective, Sunday Red in Taylor Made's version of the Nike clothes he wore for years.  I found the logo cool, but a little too busy for my taste so dont think I will be buying any of his gear.

I’m a realistic poor (aka cheap) when it comes to golf. The sport is expensive enough. I believe I saw somewhere (here or FOS, I forget) that the price point for the Polo is >$110. I’d get better use out of my money with a lesson.
As for the logo, it’s nothing remarkable and I feel it won’t scale well. The brand name is off putting by making Sunday two words. Man, I love Tiger, but I don’t “$110 polo with questionable branding” love him.

Shep

I’ll have the cashmere hoodie and please hold the unnwaxed mustache.

Power of 3s… really? We’re officially living in peak CEO and they think we’ll believe anything.

Was “Will To Win” already taken or something? Because they could’ve prominently worked TW into that aesthetic and maintained a reasonable defense against the trademark vultures. Plus, power of 3s!

I can envision a meeting where the 15 stripes element is presented as a fitting bow on his career achievements. But for me personally, the feeling of finality that comes with it, is akin to your parents explaining that Santa Claus isn’t real. Sure, your belief had already waned to nearly nothing, but now it’s official - no more major surprises.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

I'm a discount clothes shopper. I don't care about brand as much as I do comfort. I want good quality but not at $60-100.

I'm in the $10-30 range and try buying at the lower end. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I know he doesn't want it any longer but the TW logo by Nike is so much better.
I'm not sure anyone looks at that weird cat looking thing and thinks "Tiger Woods".... Honestly, when I first saw it, I thought Slazenger.

I get it takes time to catch on... it took a while for the 'shark' logo to be associated with Norman (but not that long), the jumpman with Jordan, but I'm not holding out hope for this one and look forward to v2.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024: