Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Evening Thread

Erin B

25 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Understandable… In 1969 I was taking my AF physical at McCord, staying in the barracks there, when loud noises woke me up at 0330!!  C5As taking off for Nam.  Pretty rough for a college kid used to sleeping in when he didn’t have classes until 10am!!!!

Thank you for your service! I joined out of Spokane. My stepmom cried.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

25 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Good evening spies. Work was slammed today, was Jupiter in transit to Uranus or something? I swear the amount of adult childish ignorance I dealt with today was mind-blowing!!! But enough about me...

Golf plans for the weekend are looking dismal, as they are predicting 2-3" of rain in a 36 hour time span. 

Oh, and the boss lady decided since we paid off a major debt, she wants a new vehicle...

We just sold our car to our son to help him build his credit. Now we’re looking at minis. Used of course.

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

27 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Good evening spies. Work was slammed today, was Jupiter in transit to Uranus or something? I swear the amount of adult childish ignorance I dealt with today was mind-blowing!!! But enough about me...

Golf plans for the weekend are looking dismal, as they are predicting 2-3" of rain in a 36 hour time span. 

Oh, and the boss lady decided since we paid off a major debt, she wants a new vehicle...

Forgot to tell you, we’re getting snow. Luckily I’m leaving for Mesquite tomorrow night.

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

Bought the spousal unit a new used car. Searched for about a week then one like this fell to us. We got to keep our money in Wyoming, but it wasn’t in Cheyenne, it was in Laramie.
IMG_4266.jpeg.6ac5eefea99ecf1df81dc2ae1be5bd4a.jpeg

Hers looks exactly like this except it’s all wheel drive and a countryman. Oh, and dirty because of the snowy roads. They washed it before we drove it back to Cheyenne even though we told them not to waste the water. She loves it and deserves what she wants because of all her support of my dirty golf habit. Now I’m trying to take a nap before the boys and I head to Mesquite. Been a long day. Hope you all had a great Friday!

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

3 minutes ago, Erin B said:

Bought the spousal unit a new used car. Searched for about a week then one like this fell to us. We got to keep our money in Wyoming, but it wasn’t in Cheyenne, it was in Laramie.
IMG_4266.jpeg.6ac5eefea99ecf1df81dc2ae1be5bd4a.jpeg

Hers looks exactly like this except it’s all wheel drive and a countryman. Oh, and dirty because of the snowy roads. They washed it before we drove it back to Cheyenne even though we told them not to waste the water. She loves it and deserves what she wants because of all her support of my dirty golf habit. Now I’m trying to take a nap before the boys and I head to Mesquite. Been a long day. Hope you all had a great Friday!

My wife has had a couple of these and loved them. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

8 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

My wife has had a couple of these and loved them. 

They’re freaking cool! My son had an S model but it died, hers is the S model so turbo up baby! 

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

This dog is ridiculous

IMG_4268.jpeg.e9ad49f3f30318924872575ddae36c83.jpeg 

hey poopy I’m the one that needs a nap.

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

Took awhile getting home..A little bit of a scare; both hands severely cramped while driving. Fortunately there was enough time between the two hands cramping as not to be a driving control condition. Finally home; just sore and beat. Going to do a whole body session, followed by a wrist/hand specific session of  cryotherapy tomorrow. At this time, NO golf is being contemplated being played. 
   In other news, was a very pleasant surprise on the female purchasing front. The bargain hunting bride had only bought a rather somber and sedate black dress. I was thinking that financially, this was not so bad…..  THEN the “ princess of partying “ told me that a friend’s  husband had died ( guessing divorce wasn’t an option ) and that she was going to the memorial services and funeral and thus she was leaving tonight. She will be gone for the weekend. I was given a quick to Do and Do Not to do list. She then asked me to load her car… A quick peck on the cheek and she was on the road again. Not sure of what the cost of this trip to be supportive will be; but I doubt it will cheap. 
   Sooo.. I am home alone for the weekend….poor me😏😉
    @Erin B safe travels and may you find nothing but fairways and greens during your golf trip. 
     @Josh Parker I hope all the car talk doesn’t somehow in someway give my motoring monarch any ideas. 

7 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

@Josh Parker I hope all the car talk doesn’t somehow in someway give my motoring monarch any ideas. 

Ha!  Luckily she likes her vehicle at this time. 

17 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Took awhile getting home..A little bit of a scare; both hands severely cramped while driving. Fortunately there was enough time between the two hands cramping as not to be a driving control condition. Finally home; just sore and beat. Going to do a whole body session, followed by a wrist/hand specific session of  cryotherapy tomorrow. At this time, NO golf is being contemplated being played. 
   In other news, was a very pleasant surprise on the female purchasing front. The bargain hunting bride had only bought a rather somber and sedate black dress. I was thinking that financially, this was not so bad…..  THEN the “ princess of partying “ told me that a friend’s  husband had died ( guessing divorce wasn’t an option ) and that she was going to the memorial services and funeral and thus she was leaving tonight. She will be gone for the weekend. I was given a quick to Do and Do Not to do list. She then asked me to load her car… A quick peck on the cheek and she was on the road again. Not sure of what the cost of this trip to be supportive will be; but I doubt it will cheap. 
   Sooo.. I am home alone for the weekend….poor me😏😉
    @Erin B safe travels and may you find nothing but fairways and greens during your golf trip. 

Sorry to hear about your wife’s friend’s husband. Thanks for the well wishes.

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

@Dead Solid Bogey Sorry for your wife's friend's loss. Just be sure and have the mess cleaned up and house in order by the time she returns...😉

@Erin B Safe travels and enjoy your golf outing in Mesquite where hopefully you can elude the snow.

@Josh Parker Maybe you can get a little rest and some golf in this weekend. Seems the weather has moved on, and we should have prime conditions for a few days.

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

14 minutes ago, William P said:

@Dead Solid Bogey Sorry for your wife's friend's loss. Just be sure and have the mess cleaned up and house in order by the time she returns...😉

@Erin B Safe travels and enjoy your golf outing in Mesquite where hopefully you can elude the snow.

@Josh Parker Maybe you can get a little rest and some golf in this weekend. Seems the weather has moved on, and we should have prime conditions for a few days.

Thank you sir!!! Long drive tonight but there are two of us in our vehicle. It’s a convoy!

IMG_4269.gif.f99f46faa95ca42826c9a1dc795663bd.gif

Oh shoot, this may age me! Big 10-4 rubber duck!

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

21 minutes ago, Erin B said:

Thank you sir!!! Long drive tonight but there are two of us in our vehicle. It’s a convoy!

IMG_4269.gif.f99f46faa95ca42826c9a1dc795663bd.gif

Oh shoot, this may age me! Big 10-4 rubber duck!

10-4 Good buddy this here's Pigpen!😉

ELIXR (2022)

Hello folks! First time in the evening thread and it's night golf!IMG20240309171729.jpg.a28000826d3271dd509969cc700ebfd8.jpg

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

So…The home front was quite blissfully serene with the resident dictator-for-life off galavanting. The Cryo went well.. definitely woke me up.. Will probably go back for a few more consecutive days of hand/wrist sessions and another full body session later in the week. The dexterity therapy for my hands and wrists will be peeling and eating of Mudbugs for the next couple of hours. Depending on the hands and wrists,  will give golf ago come Monday or Tuesday. 
   Here is to hoping that @Erin B and his “ Wild Wyoming Bunch “ made their destination safely. 
  May everyone enjoy their evening so much, that it seems to have lasted an extra hour instead of losing an hour.. 

7 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

So…The home front was quite blissfully serene with the resident dictator-for-life off galavanting. The Cryo went well.. definitely woke me up.. Will probably go back for a few more consecutive days of hand/wrist sessions and another full body session later in the week. The dexterity therapy for my hands and wrists will be peeling and eating of Mudbugs for the next couple of hours. Depending on the hands and wrists,  will give golf ago come Monday or Tuesday. 
   Here is to hoping that @Erin B and his “ Wild Wyoming Bunch “ made their destination safely. 
  May everyone enjoy their evening so much, that it seems to have lasted an extra hour instead of losing an hour.. 

Man o man, mudbugs sound great right now!  I need to get a sack ordered and plan a boil. 

@Dead Solid Bogey Glad to hear the Cryo is going well enough that you are contemplating getting back out on the course soon. Enjoy the mudbugs but save some of the dexterity improvement for golf.

Couldn't agree with you more @Josh Parker. It is definitely the season.

ELIXR (2022)

This is apparently my life now at home. IMG_2592.jpeg.188bb6e4c6a0861f480daa61ecbe291c.jpegIMG_2600.jpeg.d615bcd683bc793e1680f21014312cde.jpeg

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Today was supposed to be a demo day by Taylormade,  free 30 minutes, 2 club fitting event,  but due to the threat of severe thunderstorms they canceled last night and set off to their next destination. Rain and storms were from 1am but had stopped by 6 am. Bummer for me. But I showed up anyway to see if they might of changed their minds. 

Wasn't interested so much in the new clubs as I was getting some numbers and specs (for free!) Of course swinging the new models would have been a bonus!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Watching some Austin FC.  Last year they weren't good but I knew it was going to happen. This game they are showing some promise. 

Well.. I forgot the fine art of and the acquired skill of sucking the heads of mudbugs… especially when sober. Had to take a break and come outside and hang around the truck until the urge/idea to engage in “ Power Puking “ passes. When/if I go back in, I will pass on anymore head sucking for the evening… 

45 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Watching some Austin FC.  Last year they weren't good but I knew it was going to happen. This game they are showing some promise. 

My boys fought to the end to get that last goal on y’all. St. Louis City is a decent team. Just hoping we make the playoffs again this year

Ping Prime Tyne 4

43 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

My boys fought to the end to get that last goal on y’all. St. Louis City is a decent team. Just hoping we make the playoffs again this year

Brutal but it's been the norm for the last 2 years. I new the playoff year was an anomaly. I can't believe we got rid of a few players. 

6 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Brutal but it's been the norm for the last 2 years. I new the playoff year was an anomaly. I can't believe we got rid of a few players. 

Being new in the MLS I don’t have much history for my team. I used to be a Galaxy fan because of Beckham. But when St. Louis got a team I was all in. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

1 hour ago, Wheelieb said:

Being new in the MLS I don’t have much history for my team. I used to be a Galaxy fan because of Beckham. But when St. Louis got a team I was all in. 

They played solid last year and looked pretty good last night. 

American soccer has come a long way but still so far off from everywhere else. 

Sorry I was out for the past day, was up for over 48 hours since Thursday at 1 AM. Anyway thanks @Dead Solid Bogey we made it to first Hurricane UT after driving all night from Cheyenne WY. We had breakfast then hit the links at Sky Mountain Golf Course http://www.skymountaingolf.com/

IMG_3363.jpeg.7e9c4d5b02ff6bae9a45a7602ca513d7.jpegIMG_3362.jpeg.aabd23404a297e54e4917fc759072f47.jpeg

the greens were hard and fast. You couldn’t hold them. I think I held maybe 3 greens in regulation, while every other one the ball rolled off. We all had the same problem. Anyway, had a couple birdies, a few pars, and 5 holes of double or triple bogeys for a 91. I played the last three holes at 7 over. I was exhausted after the 11 hour drive and +48 hours of no sleep. But I’m not complaining! It was a blast!IMG_4271.jpeg.9bcf5bce58cab5410b0370695780d736.jpegIMG_4272.jpeg.e9a7909cc740cb40836a31a283238e22.jpeg

Sorry I didn’t post last night. I was gambling and learned that I don’t like losing money. I haven’t gambled in years, and after I lost $50 I decided to call it quits and go straight to bed. So let’s see, 1 AM Thursday to 8 PM Saturday…..I can’t do the math, still tired. I’ll update you tonight on the course we’re playing today in Mesquite NV. Happy birdie hunting!!!

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

Another quiet respite on the home front. The tiara wearing totalitarian maybe engaged in psych ops…. The bride boss’s DO NOT DARE list did not have anything on it that peaked my interest in doing/trying. Perused the TO DO list. Except for changing out the batteries in the smoke alarms, there was nothing else on the list that  involved any semi-skilled to  skilled labor that might have gotten me in trouble, hurt, or killed. The hands/wrists are getting my attention again, so will go in the morning for a hand/wrist cryotherapy session. 
  Since there was nothing of interest on the wife person’s DO NOT DARE list, I am left to my devices to find something to do tomorrow. Preferably something that will irk you-know-who. 
  Enjoy the rest of your shorted day. Just remember to be prepared as not everything is as it seems….

IMG_1248.jpeg.4078f8c4bccca32cab1cbe5eeab90975.jpeg

Edited by Dead Solid Bogey

There is an hour of extra sunlight spies! Anybody want to catch a tee time 🫠 

Lol but I hope everybody else's day has gone well. Tonight is looking like a night of calm relaxation. Mr Pickles is going to get neutered Tuesday so I am trying to give him extra walks and attention until then. My little man, is, becoming a man? Kind of. Anyways, I am going for a night coffee (getting wild on a Sunday!)

Stay Frosty Spies 🥶

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

22 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Another quite respite on the home front. The tiara wearing totalitarian maybe engaged in psych ops…. The bride boss’s DO NOT DARE list did not have anything on it that peaked my interest in doing/trying. Perused the TO DO list. Except for changing out the batteries in the smoke alarms, there was nothing else on the list that  involved any semi-skilled to  skilled labor that might have gotten me in trouble, hurt, or killed. The hands/wrists are getting my attention again, so will go in the morning for a hand/wrist cryotherapy session. 
  Since there was nothing of interest on the wife person’s DO NOT DARE list, I am left to my devices to find something to do tomorrow. Preferably something that will irk you-know-who. 
  Enjoy the rest of your shorted day. Just remember to be prepared as not everything is as it seems….

IMG_1248.jpeg.4078f8c4bccca32cab1cbe5eeab90975.jpeg

Should you be open to suggestions, I'm sure there are some hereabouts.

This is in italics as it is understood with great assurance that the highnessnesseses cannot read italics.  The employment of insidious acts of oppositional defiance that be a humorous if not painful diversion should seditious acts be discovered and retributions exacted in similarly obscure and outrageous ways.  Such things as moving the furniture half an inch to the east, for anything placed on a rug, the rug also moved an inch hides the pressure dimple for no evidence.  Turning the cutlery around in the drawer or reversing the order of what goes where.  Turning around the toilet paper rolls on their holders so the paper spills off the "wrong" way.  Turning around things is always a hoot because who does that right?  Turning the carpets 180 degrees so the pattern is opposite but otherwise is not out of place. 

But of course I didn't suggest anything at all 😇

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind.  ⛳

|> Big Dogs: First Strike Rattlesnake (10)TeelessTM (13), Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor     1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes :Inesis:

2022 Official Tester - L.A.B.Putters 1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg  ⛳ 2023 Official Tester - Red Rooster Sussex Golf Glove  :redrooster:

2023 Official Tester - Lean Lock Putter LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg  ⛳  2024 Official Tester - Callaway Smoke Driver :callaway-small:

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳