Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

True Stroke Putting Trainer - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by GolfSpy_BEN,

Follow our testers main posts here!

@cjeffs12 - Main Post

@MN.LeftyGolfer - Main Post

@DiverDown - Main Post

@Barley Spargewater - Main Post

My introduction is up, and I am absolutely pumped to get this going. I have tried left hand low, claw and even midlock right now. I haven’t even wanted to look at a putter let alone be excited to roll putts, but here I am like a kid waiting for Christmas. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

On 3/11/2024 at 6:19 PM, cjeffs12 said:

Howdy, my name is Corbin Jeffs, cjeffs12. I work in the Trucking Industry. I was a driver, then an instructor, and just recently I was promoted to Operations Supervisor in College Station, Texas. My wife and I love to travel, and we have dogs and horses. 

image2.jpeg.ba32bffbbcf4a82ea7c9430260e1b309.jpeg

I started golf in college. A few years ago, I started playing in a few amateur events a year. I am usually around a 4 with my goal of getting to scratch or better. I grew up playing sports so I am naturally very competitive, so when I would play with people who were better they would typically hit it further than me. This is when I found MYGOLFSPY, in my research of SuperSpeed sticks. I loved how the review process was, it was not like an infomercial. It was real people sharing their real experiences. My strength is being long off the tee, and this last year I really focused on my approach game. This has paid off and now I am averaging around 10 GIR, but averaging 34 putts a round is not going to get me to scratch. This year my main focus is maintaining my ball striking, and drastically improving my short game and putting. My putting is really holding me back, I have buddies who are scratch or a 1, and all my stats are as good as or better than theirs, except for one: Putting. I am averaging about 2 more putts a round than them, so this is really motivating me to improve. 

image0.jpeg.7d556d544038449ad251b8defc61fc28.jpeg  image1.jpeg.8c65b4e786ccce6c89dec4fe532f2d22.jpeg

I have really been struggling the last two years with putting. I tend to bring the putter inside which leads to pushes and the dreaded compensated pulls. So getting putts to start on-line is not my strength. My Pro has really been trying to get me to be more Straight back straight through, but old habits die hard, so the True Stroke trainer focus to fix face awareness and straight path really excites me. My goal of how to test this is my tracking my number of putts in my last 20 rounds vs how many rounds I will get in during testing, and then when I stand with 20 rounds after I start with the trainer. I plan on ending each day with 15 minutes a day of rolling putts with the trainer. Most of my focus will be from 5 and 10 feet, but will do putts at 20 feet as well.  I will track my putting stats through each week from 3,6 and 10 feet. I will do my ladder drill where I set up tees at 12,15,18,21’ and keep a score. Although most of the tracking numbers will be done on the practice green, I am curious to see how it translates to the course. I do have a WellPutt stroke trainer that I will compare with the True Stroke. My expectations for the True Stroke is that with better face control and a more neutral path that I will see a massive difference on putts made inside of 10 feet. If True Stroke can help me start the ball on-line, this will definitely stay in my practice routine. I have watched a few videos about the True Stroke and as an Aggie, a bright orange training aid will be a bit difficult, but nothing a sticker can’t fix lol.  As of when I post this, I am not in a good mind space when it comes to putting, and borderline yippy. I do not feel comfortable with putter in hand, so this is much needed for my game, and I am very excited to get this testing started. 

Can't wait to see your progress and hope this tool gets you to scratch!!

Swing Easy,

Dan

MN.LeftyGolfer

Instagram : @MN.LeftyGolfer

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 10.59.16 PM.png

Update - 2/17/2024

Greetings to all on this fine Sunday!

As I enjoy the final round of The Players, I figured I'd provide a quick update!  The TrueStroke Putting Track is enroute from the manufacture with an expected delivery date of Thursday, March 21st.  I'm excited to see the initial presentation of this product and I am most eager to see how user friendly it will be perceived right out of the box!  I'll share my initial impressions once it arrives!   

Screenshot2024-03-17at12_07_06PM.png.90426fd8d6870a6625aa64c2b0b7271a.png

Swing Easy,

Dan

MN.LeftyGolfer

On 3/11/2024 at 6:19 PM, cjeffs12 said:

Howdy, my name is Corbin Jeffs, cjeffs12. I work in the Trucking Industry. I was a driver, then an instructor, and just recently I was promoted to Operations Supervisor in College Station, Texas. My wife and I love to travel, and we have dogs and horses. 

I started golf in college. A few years ago, I started playing in a few amateur events a year. I am usually around a 4 with my goal of getting to scratch or better. I grew up playing sports so I am naturally very competitive, so when I would play with people who were better they would typically hit it further than me. This is when I found MYGOLFSPY, in my research of SuperSpeed sticks. I loved how the review process was, it was not like an infomercial. It was real people sharing their real experiences. My strength is being long off the tee, and this last year I really focused on my approach game. This has paid off and now I am averaging around 10 GIR, but averaging 34 putts a round is not going to get me to scratch. This year my main focus is maintaining my ball striking, and drastically improving my short game and putting. My putting is really holding me back, I have buddies who are scratch or a 1, and all my stats are as good as or better than theirs, except for one: Putting. I am averaging about 2 more putts a round than them, so this is really motivating me to improve. 

image0.jpeg.7d556d544038449ad251b8defc61fc28.jpeg  image1.jpeg.8c65b4e786ccce6c89dec4fe532f2d22.jpeg

I have really been struggling the last two years with putting. I tend to bring the putter inside which leads to pushes and the dreaded compensated pulls. So getting putts to start on-line is not my strength. My Pro has really been trying to get me to be more Straight back straight through, but old habits die hard, so the True Stroke trainer focus to fix face awareness and straight path really excites me. My goal of how to test this is my tracking my number of putts in my last 20 rounds vs how many rounds I will get in during testing, and then when I stand with 20 rounds after I start with the trainer. I plan on ending each day with 15 minutes a day of rolling putts with the trainer. Most of my focus will be from 5 and 10 feet, but will do putts at 20 feet as well.  I will track my putting stats through each week from 3,6 and 10 feet. I will do my ladder drill where I set up tees at 12,15,18,21’ and keep a score. Although most of the tracking numbers will be done on the practice green, I am curious to see how it translates to the course. I do have a WellPutt stroke trainer that I will compare with the True Stroke. My expectations for the True Stroke is that with better face control and a more neutral path that I will see a massive difference on putts made inside of 10 feet. If True Stroke can help me start the ball on-line, this will definitely stay in my practice routine. I have watched a few videos about the True Stroke and as an Aggie, a bright orange training aid will be a bit difficult, but nothing a sticker can’t fix lol.  As of when I post this, I am not in a good mind space when it comes to putting, and borderline yippy. I do not feel comfortable with putter in hand, so this is much needed for my game, and I am very excited to get this testing started. 

Brother, that position at the top is filthy. I bet you can generate some speed from there. As a guy that is 3" taller laying down, I am envious! Good luck with the quest  and the tests! Cant wait to see and compare impressions and results.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 9.5 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Fairway: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 15 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3i (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Irons: Callaway X Hot Pro 4 - AW (Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Ben Hogan 54, 58 (DG S300)

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde White Hot Pro #9 (Golf pride tour SNSR)

Cant wait to see these start to arrive! As we all say, drive for show putt for dough! Lets see the money fly at the end of this test!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, MN.LeftyGolfer said:

Good evening ya'll!

Unboxing Quick Thoughts:

Pros

• Comes in a nice mesh, draw string bag that can fit within a golf bag
  • Made of sturdy plastic

Cons:

• Poor packaging for shipping
  • Some assembly required (magnetic strips are loose without clear recommendation for placement on L brackets)
  • Lacks robust information, instructions, or recommendations for use within the packaging (will cover in more detail in future posts)

I thought I'd share my quick unboxing reactions with you all!  Please note this post is intended to help you generate your own initial reactions before being exposed to a ton of information.  I will provide more details within photos, videos, and postings as we go along that will hopefully provide strong insight and recommendations!

Nicely done

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

• GolfSpy_BEN changed the title to True Stroke Putting Trainer - 2024 Forum Member Review

Quick update, working on a more in depth unboxing. Anyone else having difficulty keeping the spacer bars in the grooves while adjusting alignment? 

Interesting on the lack of instructions and guidance. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

So I am just eyeballing the rails, but I think there is something to this training aid. It is really exposing my inside takeaway. I had my best putting round today in over my last 15 rounds. I am having so many more one putts, and way less 3 putts. In just the short time of having it, I can see a major improvement on my start line. I have been rolling about 50-100 putts a day with it, and I can’t wait to see how this does long term. 

That's awesome to hear!

Just getting caught up on this thread but am glad this is working out well for you do far!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 3/20/2024 at 10:31 PM, MN.LeftyGolfer said:

Good evening ya'll!

Unboxing Quick Thoughts:

Pros

• Made of sturdy plastic

Cons:

• Some assembly required (magnetic strips are loose without clear recommendation for placement on L brackets)
  • Lacks robust information, instructions, or recommendations for use within the packaging (will cover in more detail in future posts)

I thought I'd share my quick unboxing reactions with you all!  Please note this post is intended to help you generate your own initial reactions before being exposed to a ton of information.  I will provide more details within photos, videos, and postings as we go along that will hopefully provide strong insight and recommendations!

Great unboxing video, really well done.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Good evening ya'll!

Unboxing Quick Thoughts:

Pros

• Made of sturdy plastic

Cons:

Nice video @MN.LeftyGolfer!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 3/11/2024 at 7:19 PM, cjeffs12 said:

Great to have you testing TrueStroke! As the inventor of both TrueStroke and Lean Lock Putters, I always encourage people to focus on how often and how consistently (% wise) you strike your putts solid and starting where you intended, versus simply how many you make. Green reading, speed control, etc. all have an impact on whether or not putts go in, but starting them on line where you intended is controllable and measurable. - Brian Tennyson

Former top 30 PGA Tour player.

Good evening ya'll!

Unboxing Quick Thoughts:

Pros

• Made of sturdy plastic

Cons:

There is a card inside the bad that has a brief explainer and QR code that takes you directly to the Quick Start, Set Up and How To Use videos on our website. 

The L-brackets are not unique to TrueStroke, but we are the only company that provides them for free with our trainer (others are at $10 +/-). The magnets are not attached because there are various ways to place them, plus magnets do not work with all putters. Rubber bands / others must be used on some putters. - Brian Tennyson 

12 hours ago, TourTalk said:

There is a card inside the bad that has a brief explainer and QR code that takes you directly to the Quick Start, Set Up and How To Use videos on our website. 

The L-brackets are not unique to TrueStroke, but we are the only company that provides them for free with our trainer (others are at $10 +/-). The magnets are not attached because there are various ways to place them, plus magnets do not work with all putters. Rubber bands / others must be used on some putters. - Brian Tennyson 

Welcome to MGS @TourTalk !  Thank you for joining in the testing process! I always find it beneficial when a company/designer gets involved !

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

My first impression has been added. 

I got out again today, but it was very windy. Even in the wind, I felt like I could not miss after 10 minutes of putting through the gates. 

IMG_2982.jpeg.11eb69f5637de0d4970b0823ed8cb03b.jpeg

Stay tuned everyone! We’ll be having some competitions coming on this review between our 4 testers!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

40 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Stay tuned everyone! We’ll be having some competitions coming on this review between our 4 testers!

Let’s go!!!

Spent 30 minutes locally training a friend  with the TrueStroke Putting Track. Initially, he made 1 out of 10 from 8 feet straight in. The TrueStroke Putting Track showed that he had far too much club face rotation which made it difficult to return his club to square at impact (and he felt it due to the feedback TrueStroke provides). After only about 10–15 minutes of training on the TrueStroke Track, he was making nearly every putt. Let’s say 9’out of 10. He was laughing out loud because making the putts started feeling seemed laughably easy to him.

Just now, TourTalk said:

Spent 30 minutes locally training a friend  with the TrueStroke Putting Track. Initially, he made 1 out of 10 from 8 feet straight in. The TrueStroke Putting Track showed that he had far too much club face rotation which made it difficult to return his club to square at impact (and he felt it due to the feedback TrueStroke provides). After only about 10–15 minutes of training on the TrueStroke Track, he was making nearly every putt. Let’s say 9’out of 10. He was laughing out loud because making the putts started feeling seemed laughably easy to him.

This is how I felt today, even in the 20mph winds I felt like inside 10 feet I wasn’t going to miss. 

I have updated my initial impressions of the TrueStroke Putting Track within my main post. 

TLDR: Check out these quick videos to see both instructions interface and quick setup!

Edited by MN.LeftyGolfer

Swing Easy,

Dan

MN.LeftyGolfer

I got out and played today, and I gained 0.2 strokes compared to scratch handicap, which is where I am trying to get to. I gained 1.3 strokes compared to 4 handicap. I had 4 one putts, 13 two putts and 1 three putt. I made a 30 and 23 footer today!!! I really had a poor approach and short game day, I could not hit it close, but my putting was very solid for all but one hole which was more of a mental issue. 

Alright so our testers are getting into the "swing" of things with this test! With that we are looking to spark a little competition!

The Competition

Before getting to much training in our testers will be performing the following:

1) Putting 10 balls from 10' and seeing how many makes are made

2) Of those 10 putts if any are missed calculating total distance of misses (IE if you miss 3, measuring from the cup to the ball for a total of 6')

Once testing is coming to a conclusion the testers will re-create the same 10' putts and go through the same evolution. Were there more makes? Less distance in misses? Hopefully a serious gain!

So does anyone have any predictions on the winner between @cjeffs12 @MN.LeftyGolfer @DiverDown @Barley Spargewater

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Been a heck of a week at work, but getting a little putter therapy in this evening. I used to hate putting, but I’m slowly starting to enjoy it. I gotta get ready for this competition!! 

On 4/1/2024 at 8:26 AM, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Alright so our testers are getting into the "swing" of things with this test! With that we are looking to spark a little competition!

The Competition

Before getting to much training in our testers will be performing the following:

1) Putting 10 balls from 10' and seeing how many makes are made

2) Of those 10 putts if any are missed calculating total distance of misses (IE if you miss 3, measuring from the cup to the ball for a total of 6')

Once testing is coming to a conclusion the testers will re-create the same 10' putts and go through the same evolution. Were there more makes? Less distance in misses? Hopefully a serious gain!

So does anyone have any predictions on the winner between @cjeffs12 @MN.LeftyGolfer @DiverDown @Barley Spargewater

How fun!!!

So I’ll start and post my scores from my 10 putts from 10 feet. It was not pretty. 

0 makes

The total distances from my misses was 12’4”. 

I did have two lip outs, so that was a plus. 

9 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

So I’ll start and post my scores from my 10 putts from 10 feet. It was not pretty. 

0 makes

The total distances from my misses was 12’4”. 

I did have two lip outs, so that was a plus. 

Be interested to see the improvement! Any pictures or video?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

31 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Be interested to see the improvement! Any pictures or video?

Yes, lots of room for improvement on speed control. 
IMG_3004.jpeg.612e347fb25540f4d53e5a298e108f1b.jpeg