Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

PGA Tour 2024 - The Players

Splatt

G’day Golfers,

Major season is so close you can practically smell the blood, sweat, lipped putts, and tears. It all ramps up from here starting with, the pseudo 5th major, The Players Championship.
This, in my humble opinion, is one of the best tournaments outside of the majors, played on one of the best courses outside of Augusta, and, to take things up a notch, it is The Players 50th anniversary this year.

Players4.jpg.d9c0eef46f36632e2b066836621d8b34.jpg

It's shaping up to be a great weekend of golf. Let’s get stuck in.

But first, an awful golf joke for your arsenal.

What time is it when an elephant steps on your golf ball?
Time to get a new golf ball!
(Truly awful that one 😊)

As mentioned, The Players Championship is in it’s 50th year this year, and boy has it seen some incredible action of it’s half-century run. I mean, you could say it’s a tournament that’s better than most:

One of my favourite recent memories is on the final leg of Justin Thomas’s victory in 2021. On the 18th and final hole of the tournament, Thomas was in the lead as he pierced his tee into the ground and nestled his ball on top for his final tee shot of the tournament. He hit a low hook which, at least on the shot tracer, looked like it was heading directly for the water. Luckily it stopped short of lake and Thomas’s reaction is priceless.

The Players Championship is played at the stunning TPC Sawgrass (Stadium Course) located in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. Established in 1980, and home to The Players Championship since 1982, TPC Sawgrass is often seen as the masterpiece of golf course architect virtuoso, Pete Dye.
TPC Sawgrass is a par-72, 7,275-yard course with about as much water as the pacific ocean.
By far the most famous hole on the course is the island par-3, 17th hole. Although only 137 yards (125m) long this is a trick ypar-3 which has been the undoing of many a great round at Sawgrass. Club selection and a close eye on the weather are critical here as the many trees around the hole cause lots of swirling winds and unexpected ball flights.
It is estimated that TPC Sawgrass fish out over 100,000 balls a year out of the water surrounding the 17th; that number would be double if I was a member.

Players1.webp.e9d8c32c5a5699770c4979631928d1cd.webp

Last year, Scottie Scheffler dominated the field here winning by 5 shots while hardly breaking a sweat. After shooting a 65 on a difficult Saturday, Scottie distanced himself from the rest of the field for the inevitable win.
Worryingly for everyone else playing this weekend, Scottie has swapped to a mallet putter and seems to have figured out his one flaw in his game.

Players3.webp.34f7661aaae51cc2ba1a2ce3b4d8be76.webp

Field Highlights

·         Scottie Scheffler – I haven’t mentioned Scottie in ages…. Oh, wait. Well, of course he’s going to be the talk of the town around this event: defending champ, current world number 1, won last week. Scottie is in prime position to win again at TPC Sawgrass and become the first player EVER to defend his title at The Players Championship. That’s how hard this tournament is, in it’s 50 year history, no one has ever won it twice in consecutive years. If Scottie putts like he did in the final round last week, it’ll be very hard for anyone else to rain on his parade.

·         Min Woo Lee – Let him cook! Cards on the table, I’m incredibly biased towards Min Woo Lee because he’s a hometown hero. However, bias aside, Min Woo is a genuinely a player to watch this weekend. The boy from Oz is still chasing his first victory on the PGA Tour but he’s heading the right way towards achieving that goal this year. He’s currently tee’d it up 5 times this year and not missed a cut with an agonizingly close taste of victory coming only a few weeks ago at the Cognizant Classic where he finished T-2. Lee also performed well here last year, he went into the final round in solo-2nd place 2 shots behind the eventual winner, Scottie Scheffler. However, a final round 76 saw him tumble down the leaderboard.

·         Viktor Hovland – Hovland has been pretty quiet this year despite not missing a cut. He has yet to find a top-10 with his best finish coming at The Genesis Invitational with a T-19. Hovland did well here last year. He started the final round tied for 14th place, but a final round score of 68 saw him shoot to a T-3 finish. I’m sure Hovland will be a regular amongst the top of the leaderboard quite a lot this year, he’s possibly just a bit tired after a very successful year last year with 3 wins.

·         Wyndham Clark – The rise of Wyndham Clark has been anything but meteoric, however, no one can deny he’s playing some pretty damn good golf at the moment. He’s already in the winners circle this year after a win at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, and he finished solo-2nd at last weeks Arnold Palmer Invitational. On top of all that, he also won his first major last year at the U.S Open. If anyone is going to give Scottie Scheffler some trouble this week, my money is one Wyndham Clark.

The field is stacked and the rest of it can be found here.

We’re set up for an awesome event this week at The Players Championship. From all reports we seems to be safe yet again from an appearance from Gold Man, so that’s a huge plus.

Players5.jpg.7aa6189c4301f6d590505e1244d6ba85.jpg

Can anyone stop Scottie Scheffler from picking up his second win of the season and becoming the first player EVER to defend The Players championship?

Let me know what you think?

SPLATT

Edited by Splatt

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

8 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Can anyone stop Scottie Scheffler from picking up his second win of the season and becoming the first player EVER to defend The Players championship?

Let me know what you think?

Scottie is the one that will stop Scottie.   Can he continue putting well or will he be streaky and fall off this week.   The PGA Championship is an approach and putting competition.  Maybe even with a mediocre putting performance his typical approach play will be enough. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

@Splatt thanks for making these threads, always enjoy reading them!

Going with a bit of a dark horse pick... I think after a mediocre performance at API Jason Day is going to come charging back. With big pants comes big responsibility, and I think he's ready to fill them.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5")
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Scottie is the one that will stop Scottie.   Can he continue putting well or will he be streaky and fall off this week.   The PGA Championship is an approach and putting competition.  Maybe even with a mediocre putting performance his typical approach play will be enough. 

Its sad how true this is.  His ball striking is really just so much better than everyone else. Its sad that he just needs to be an average putter and could really just go on a run where not many guys in the pga could actually keep up.  Specially with rahm gone. 

Driver:   G425 Max w/Hzardous im10
Fairway:  M4 3 wood w/fujikura atmos 
Hybrids:  G425  max 3 hybrid w/alta cb      
Irons:      P790 4-pw  w/ dynamic gold 95
Wedge:   50 degree MG4 54/58 degree MG3 w/dynamic gold r300
Putter:   white hot versa double bend seven 

3 minutes ago, jayyarr said:

Its sad how true this is.  His ball striking is really just so much better than everyone else. Its sad that he just needs to be an average putter and could really just go on a run where not many guys in the pga could actually keep up.  Specially with rahm gone. 

The hot putter is usually the one who wins. It’s early in the season and Scottie isn’t leading most categories this year like he has. The difference between guys on the tour isn’t that much when you look at stats. But despite what some thing about the current game and lack of skill by players today Scottie, Morikawa, hovland and some others show that there is still skill needed other than just hitting driver.

look at strokes gained stats like accuracy and thing like that from the fairway and rough and see how many names are leading some of the categories and how little success on tour.

Scottie is a superstar and if he ever gets a handle on his putting he will go on runs like some of the greats have 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Going to be a fun week!

Thanks for the awesome post @Splatt!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I saw something on YouTube the other day that they get an average of three golf balls out of the water for every golfer who plays the 17th at TPC Sawgrass. Meaning that people keep trying it over, and over, and over...

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

I'm feeling a first time winner this week...it's all the rage this season...

I'm going with Cam Young and that new TSR 2 wood 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

My prediction is Zalatoris; i think he gets 4 solid rounds this week. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I'm feeling a first time winner this week...it's all the rage this season...

I'm going with Cam Young and that new TSR 2 wood 🙂

I think it may also be a first time winner but if Scottie is putting well, watch out. We will see how my pick'em does.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

39 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I saw something on YouTube the other day that they get an average of three golf balls out of the water for every golfer who plays the 17th at TPC Sawgrass. Meaning that people keep trying it over, and over, and over...

Well you kind of have to try over and over since the drop zone is on one of the forward teeing spots so there’s not dropping up near the green if playing by the rules of golf.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I think it may also be a first time winner but if Scottie is putting well, watch out. We will see how my pick'em does.

Scottie should win this before the event even begins.  I'd love to see him tear through a string of events and rack up more W's.  He's so good for the Tour right now.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, ILMgolfnut said:

The two times that I played there we had a total of 3 balls on the green out of 8 attempts - and one of the times included an assistant pro from the club.  I'm happy to report that I'm 2 for 2.  It's really cool to play - very intimidating - but it is hardly the only visually intimidating hole on the course - not by a long shot. 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Great post @Splatt! Thank you.

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

Great writeup as usual @Splatt! I'm excited for this week, especially because the weather looks pretty mild so we might see a lot of low scores (which I enjoy watching). 

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

I like the Willy Z pick here. Scottie is an obvious front-runner. I'm going to pick Tommy Fleetwood as my winner. Sawgrass may not suit him perfectly, but I enjoy watching his game and hopefully I'll be enjoying it late on Sunday afternoon.

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

I see Scottie winning by at least three. With him being so good off the tee and with his approach, if he continues his putting from last week, there is not one player in the world that can beat him.

39 minutes ago, jbern said:

Great writeup as usual @Splatt! I'm excited for this week, especially because the weather looks pretty mild so we might see a lot of low scores (which I enjoy watching). 

I like the Willy Z pick here. Scottie is an obvious front-runner. I'm going to pick Tommy Fleetwood as my winner. Sawgrass may not suit him perfectly, but I enjoy watching his game and hopefully I'll be enjoying it late on Sunday afternoon.

I agree on the four good rounds this week, but I don’t think he wins. I think Scheffler is taking this one again.

Stealth 2 driver, Sim Max 2 3W, Nike VRPro 5W, Stealth irons, Cleveland ZipCore wedges, and Odyssey White Ice 330 putter. TP5x

8 hours ago, BallsLeon said:

Going with a bit of a dark horse pick... I think after a mediocre performance at API Jason Day is going to come charging back

J-Day is a solid pick. He's been playing well and he's definitely found a bit of the old Day that used to dominate

Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree

And we're away!!

Rory is off to a great start. He's birdied 4 of his opening 5 holes.

He's driving like he won't miss a fairway all day

Jordan and Rory arguing on 7, didn't see all of it but Jordan doesn't like Rory's drop location? ... wouldn't the location be up to the rules official?

Edited by BallsLeon
  • Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5")
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

Why does it feel like Hovland is always involved with someone going in the water during one of the first 2 rounds at the players?

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

1 minute ago, BallsLeon said:

Jordan and Rory arguing on 7, didn't see all of it but Jordan doesn't like Rory's drop location... wouldn't the location be up to the rules official?

Same. Had the tv on mute and didn’t have cc on, but Jordan clearly didn’t appear to be happy. I thought his drop looked appropriate and fair … based on the replay, it looked as though it bounced into the water at the point of the bunker on the opposite fairway across the water, which is where he dropped. 

Same delay happened at 18th tee as well. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

4 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

Jordan and Rory arguing on 7, didn't see all of it but Jordan doesn't like Rory's drop location... wouldn't the location be up to the rules official?

They weren’t arguing per se. Everyone heard Jordan say he didn’t want Rory to take a bad drop and ask an official. He said he was looking up further. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Wheelieb said:

They weren’t arguing per se. Everyone heard Jordan say he didn’t want Rory to take a bad drop and ask an official. He said he was looking up further. 

The PGA Tour just posted the full 8 minute clip of it.

Adding this to it:

'yelled about turtles' 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Splatt
Added Kyle Porter Tweet

On 3/13/2024 at 4:54 PM, cnosil said:

I may have to change my picks... forgotten man!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Some BIG names at the pointy end of the leaderboard after round 1
This is already the strongest leaderboard of the year!
ThePlayersleaderboardround1.JPG.d3f9e5ee345db5de0a66d5d896e75445.JPG

The Full leaderboard can be found here

Note: Jimmy Stranger, Chan Kim, Eric Cole, David Skinns, Ben Martin, Sam Stevens, Sami Valimaki, Charley Hoffman, & Harry Hall have a few holes left when play for the day was called and are yet to complete round 1.

11 hours ago, Splatt said:

And we're away!!

Rory is off to a great start...

He's driving like he won't miss a fairway all day

Was this the jinx ?!?!?!  😲😄

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.