Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Thanks man, really appreciate it. I read all the posts and really appreciate the sentiment (I would have quoted all the posts but that is above my current skillset). My father was a very good man and when I was young we had our differences, however I was blessed to understand just how good of a man he was when I got a bit older. Before he passed he told me that he never wanted anyone to look back and feel sad for his passing but to remember the great times we had together. Thanks to FaceTime me and some of my buddies that all new him were able to have a nice toast and drink a beer together last night to honor my old man.

I have been a member here for a lot of years and one of the parts that I love about this site is that I am allowed to open up a bit and share things on a personal level. I have always been one to not show a lot of emotion in my life and now that I have kids I have become a bit of a softie. Enough gushing, now let's carry on and talk about the game that we all love :)

Kids soften us up Gkids turn Granpa into mush

They did to me!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Thanks man, really appreciate it.  I read all the posts and really appreciate the sentiment (I would have quoted all the posts but that is above my current skillset).  My father was a very good man and when I was young we had our differences, however I was blessed to understand just how good of a man he was when I got a bit older.   Before he passed he told me that he never wanted anyone to look back and feel sad for his passing but to remember the great times we had together.  Thanks to FaceTime me and some of my buddies that all new him were able to have a nice toast and drink a beer together last night to honor my old man.

I have been a member here for a lot of years and one of the parts that I love about this site is that I am allowed to open up a bit and share things on a personal level.  I have always been one to not show a lot of emotion in my life and now that I have kids I have become a bit of a softie.  Enough gushing, now let's carry on and talk about the game that we all love :)

Open up anytime Brotha', no judging here!

Indeed...BACK TO THE MADNESS!!! :wacko:

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Well, I played and played well for an even par 72. Today was the five year anniversary of my Dad's passing and it was a tough day as it is every year. I started my day as I do most days and asked Alexa to play me some country music. Alexa decided to start my day with “You Should Be Here” by Cole Swindell which was not a good start. Hell I cry at that song anytime I here it so let's just say I got a bit emotional. So I did what i do and played some golf and had a few pops in honor of my old man. Today was a day that score didn't matter to me nor should it. I may still have a good cry or two in me before I call it a night but they are of fond memories and not of sorrow....just as the old man would have wanted.

That's a great song, Don't judge at all.. for me it is 2 songs.. 1) live like you were dying- Tim McGraw   and 2) Drive ( for Daddy Gene)- Alan Jackson.

For the exact same reasons.. I wish the the very best...  :)

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Got out to the range and practice green today before a tourney tomorrow. I think I figured out a good swing thought for my irons which seemed to work well. Hopefully everything translates over to tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Thanks man, really appreciate it. I read all the posts and really appreciate the sentiment (I would have quoted all the posts but that is above my current skillset). My father was a very good man and when I was young we had our differences, however I was blessed to understand just how good of a man he was when I got a bit older. Before he passed he told me that he never wanted anyone to look back and feel sad for his passing but to remember the great times we had together. Thanks to FaceTime me and some of my buddies that all new him were able to have a nice toast and drink a beer together last night to honor my old man.

I have been a member here for a lot of years and one of the parts that I love about this site is that I am allowed to open up a bit and share things on a personal level. I have always been one to not show a lot of emotion in my life and now that I have kids I have become a bit of a softie. Enough gushing, now let's carry on and talk about the game that we all love :)

Mike you know we would never say anything about someone opening up. Glad you played well in memory of him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well, I played and played well for an even par 72. Today was the five year anniversary of my Dad's passing and it was a tough day as it is every year. I started my day as I do most days and asked Alexa to play me some country music. Alexa decided to start my day with “You Should Be Here” by Cole Swindell which was not a good start. Hell I cry at that song anytime I here it so let's just say I got a bit emotional. So I did what i do and played some golf and had a few pops in honor of my old man. Today was a day that score didn't matter to me nor should it. I may still have a good cry or two in me before I call it a night but they are of fond memories and not of sorrow....just as the old man would have wanted.

It's 30 years since my Dad passed, but the anniversary has only come up 7 times as he died on Feb 29. I still get random memories that make me tear up, and regularly at significant family gatherings. 

My wife never got to meet him, let alone my kids. Tearing up now thinking about that. 

Glad you got to have some happy memories on a sad day.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I still haven't even played this year. Weekend weather hasn't been awful but no desire to play. I haven't had the bug this year. Usually by now I'm 2-3 tournaments in but I haven't picked a club up. Something is wrong with me

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Played this morning 42-43=85. Beautiful morning except around 7?hole wind picked up BIG TIME! I was playing the MTB RED but on back 9 officially played the RED but on holes into the wind played a second ball, Chrome Soft. Very interesting will follow up on Stage 2. Thanks to Jlukes for putting a bug in my ear.

One birdie on 18 hole .

Rick

Left Hand, 

Looking forward to your stage 2

I have to change it a bit.🤭

Rick

Left Hand, 

78 tonight. Took a penalty om #1 as usual then clear sailing after that. Amazing what a trip to the range can do when you need shore things up.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Got out to the range and practice green today before a tourney tomorrow. I think I figured out a good swing thought for my irons which seemed to work well. Hopefully everything translates over to tomorrow...

Good luck out there! Keep that thought all the way from tee box to green! Let us know how it goes-fingers crossed!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

I still haven't even played this year. Weekend weather hasn't been awful but no desire to play. I haven't had the bug this year. Usually by now I'm 2-3 tournaments in but I haven't picked a club up. Something is wrong with me

Take your time Brotha'! No worries at all. I've been committed (immersed really) into several sports and activities in the past (High Power Rifle completion immediately comes to mind...) where it just got to me and I was just sick of it and needed a damn break. In my case with the shooting, I was goaded constantly by my peers to restart, but I kept telling them that "I'm on vacation damnit!" and went fly fishing instead. Haven't been back in over 10-years, but that decision is also one of degrading eyesight and a gut that prevents me from getting into an optimum sitting position anymore without my head popping off...

Anyhow, sorry to bore you all...bottom line, take your time and enjoy the break. If ya come back, do so with a vengeance and if you don't, then hopefully you got some good memories from your "golf days"

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Did 18 yesterday in our valley's most challenging course, Quail Hollow. Lots of terrain, several blind shots and we also got rained on to start. 4-man scramble best-ball format but set as a 3-vs.-1. First time out with my driver's stock-length shaft cut down by 1" and my driving was a whole lot better than ever before overall. Had the confidence to just swing it and that confidence rolled over to mostly decent or good approach shots, improving wedge & short iron play and I even made a 20' putt!

attachicon.gifIMG_20180429_122841961_HDR.jpg

My tee shot with a 6i on the par-3 149-yd 4'th

Claim-to-fame was on the par-5 7'th hole playing at 470-yds. It is an elevated tee box to a large fairway that is mostly a blind shot over a crest. I tatered one with the wind at our back and somehow it caught up to the group ahead...they were annoyed but I was very happy! :D . That was the shot we took and my 5i approach from about 170 landed on the right side slope of the green, rolled on and then down to about 20' for eagle! We all missed the eagle try, but I then drained the birdie from 5'! 

attachicon.gifIMG_20180429_132658094_HDR.jpg

Yes that's mine to the right...

Overall it was a great day and we beat up on our vs-1. As a group we ended with an 84 while he came in with an 87! Maybe he'll think twice about not needing his normal 1/2 stroke..! ;)

Added a couple of pics for your viewing pleasure...I hope..!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

...snap hook tee shot, snap hook second into hazard, drop, chunked pitch, bladed pitch, bladed chip, chunked chip, on the green, 2 putt...

Sound like every hole during my last league rounds, lol...

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Buddy Trip Day 3......

Oaks National, correction: Oaks Awful....some of the course fairways were cow pasture-like. New owners last year..new Greens, but not kept up. Shot 91, with a Birdie. Putted from off the green on par 5(Skin Worth $20). Very odd layout, with some holes horseshoe or snakelike.

Sunday is final day with round at Hawk's Landing, a Marriott Resort.

Think I'm getting the hang of this Arccoss system......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Many years ago in July, I played Hawk's Landing with a couple of buddies that got me started playing golf.  It rained... a lot!!  I can't remember what hole it was, but my buddy was hitting into a green with water behind him.  On his follow through the club slipped out of his hand and went behind him into the pond.  We were so wet that it didn't matter that he walked into the pond to retrieve it.   :lol:

Hope you had a great time!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This past Sunday I came about as close as I ever have to quitting golf.  No joke.  Ever have one of those days when nothing works?  Well, I had 2 days of it.  It was like any club I picked up was a snake.  I had no control over it.  Putting included... usually one of the better parts of my game.

Shot 89 on Saturday and 90 on Sunday.  Couldn't put two good shots together.  Couldn't read the line on the greens and both pushed and pulled putts; left putts short and ran them by too far, so I guess the line didn't really matter that much anyway.  My wife beat me both days.  I told her several years ago that one day she would be beating me all the time because she is 9 years younger, and well... I'm old already!!

Monday is my walking day with my buddies and I really didn't feel like going out with them and stinking up the course.  Oh well, it was a nice day and we haven't really had one without wind for awhile.  The round started out OK, but I still couldn't make any putts.  Shot +7 on the front... all bogeys.  Starting on #9 I made a par-saving putt from 7 feet.  For some reason after that I started putting better.  Shot +2 on the back nine for a round of 81, which is more normal for me.  I did hit decent drives... for me; a little longer than normal and I hit every fairway.

I have figured out that my game lives and dies by my short game performance.  I don't hit that ball that far anymore, so I have to scramble a lot.  When I chip and putt well, I can break 80; when I don't I apparently struggle to break 90.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hit the ball very well today with a couple drives in the 220 to 231yard range. Hit 8/14 Fairways but my putting was horrible! Shot 45/42:87 and I birdied #13 Par 5 with the 231 yd drive, then a 165 yd 5W, a 20 yd chip with my Putter that hit the pin then one putt.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

This past Sunday I came about as close as I ever have to quitting golf. No joke. Ever have one of those days when nothing works? Well, I had 2 days of it. It was like any club I picked up was a snake. I had no control over it. Putting included... usually one of the better parts of my game.

Shot 89 on Saturday and 90 on Sunday. Couldn't put two good shots together. Couldn't read the line on the greens and both pushed and pulled putts; left putts short and ran them by too far, so I guess the line didn't really matter that much anyway. My wife beat me both days. I told her several years ago that one day she would be beating me all the time because she is 9 years younger, and well... I'm old already!!

Monday is my walking day with my buddies and I really didn't feel like going out with them and stinking up the course. Oh well, it was a nice day and we haven't really had one without wind for awhile. The round started out OK, but I still couldn't make any putts. Shot +7 on the front... all bogeys. Starting on #9 I made a par-saving putt from 7 feet. For some reason after that I started putting better. Shot +2 on the back nine for a round of 81, which is more normal for me. I did hit decent drives... for me; a little longer than normal and I hit every fairway.

I have figured out that my game lives and dies by my short game performance. I don't hit that ball that far anymore, so I have to scramble a lot. When I chip and putt well, I can break 80; when I don't I apparently struggle to break 90.

Kenny B:

We've all had days or weeks like that. In fact, I did quit for a month. I was in a bad place with my game. Had to claw my way out by working on one aspect of my game until it was acceptable and then on the next part of my game. Your not alone my friend...

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Got stuck playing against a plus one in league tonight. Fortunately he was fooling around. He hit driver off of every tee on a nine that measures 3100 from the tees that we played. He hit it about 100 yards past me on every drive. But I shot 39 and getting 4 strokes beat him 2 up. He shot 37 with 3 birdies and an 8 on a par 4 - two balls OB.

I drove the ball great (good thing or he would have out driven me by 120).

The rest of my game was so so.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

... I am only a +.07 and I find that +1's can be pretty cocky. Way to take him down a notch!  :)

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

This past Sunday I came about as close as I ever have to quitting golf. No joke. Ever have one of those days when nothing works? Well, I had 2 days of it. It was like any club I picked up was a snake. I had no control over it. Putting included... usually one of the better parts of my game.

Shot 89 on Saturday and 90 on Sunday. Couldn't put two good shots together. Couldn't read the line on the greens and both pushed and pulled putts; left putts short and ran them by too far, so I guess the line didn't really matter that much anyway. My wife beat me both days. I told her several years ago that one day she would be beating me all the time because she is 9 years younger, and well... I'm old already!!

Monday is my walking day with my buddies and I really didn't feel like going out with them and stinking up the course. Oh well, it was a nice day and we haven't really had one without wind for awhile. The round started out OK, but I still couldn't make any putts. Shot +7 on the front... all bogeys. Starting on #9 I made a par-saving putt from 7 feet. For some reason after that I started putting better. Shot +2 on the back nine for a round of 81, which is more normal for me. I did hit decent drives... for me; a little longer than normal and I hit every fairway.

I have figured out that my game lives and dies by my short game performance. I don't hit that ball that far anymore, so I have to scramble a lot. When I chip and putt well, I can break 80; when I don't I apparently struggle to break 90.

Been there done that Bud. I gave it some time and dragged my fat arse back out there.

Last time I went “sideways” I went for 2 lessons with my guy and was a simple fix.

Hang in there Buddy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played 27 holes today. 78 feom the whites which is the first time Ive shot back to back rounds in the 70s. Played blues from the bsck 9 for a 40 with a double. I did a first fir me. I just played 45 holes with the same ball. I did take a water ball but got it back as it just rolled in but got up and down. The last hole zi tried to cut a ball in around trees and the ball didnt cut and zi heard it hit cart part but never saw it. Wasteland left if cart path is where I assumed it went. After some searching zi saw a ball in the rough on the right side of the green stick high. Sure enough it was my Titleist 7! Must have banked off the curb and kicked 40 yards right.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Played two 9 over the weekend. Both days were less than ideal. Saturday was breezy and I was running late so only nabbed 9 holes. Ended up shooting a 45 on the nose after bogeying 9 with a 3 putt. That round was consistent as could be, with 6 bogeys two pars and one ESC double bogey.

On Sunday the wheels came off with the wind. Not just a little wind, 30 sustained and 50 mph gusts. Easily a 4 club wind when hitting irons. Hardest part was putting because either the wind moved your ball or actually moved the clubhead when swinging. Either way had a ton of 3 putts on top of missed irons. Hopefully I can get 18 in twice this weekend...without the wind.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Well, I shot 81, good for T17 out of 118. Didn't feel like I played well. Had several blowup holes — two doubles and a triple. Took me three stupid shots to get out of a darn bunker! Normally I love bunker play. I also hit a massive shank on a par 3 and had to play from way back in the trees. Also had a four putt. Just couldn't get a feel for the speed. They were faster than what I've been practicing on. To top it off, the wind was blowing 20-30 mph almost the entire time. Well, that's golf...

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Well, I shot 81, good for T17 out of 118. Didn't feel like I played well. Had several blowup holes — two doubles and a triple. Took me three stupid shots to get out of a darn bunker! Normally I love bunker play. I also hit a massive shank on a par 3 and had to play from way back in the trees. Also had a four putt. Just couldn't get a feel for the speed. They were faster than what I've been practicing on. To top it off, the wind was blowing 20-30 mph almost the entire time. Well, that's golf...

Don't feel alone, I don't think any golfer is ever happy no matter how well they play.

81 good shooting

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played a little scramble last night.  I was hitting my woods and irons great, but something happened to my short game.  Just felt all kinds of uncomfortable with that part of my game.  I've got a big tournament coming up this weekend that I'm leaving for in the morning.  I sure hope it finds its way back into my game before that starts.  I should have time for 2-3 practice rounds before the tournament begins to work on it, though.  

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Yesterday was almost enough to make me give up on getting better. Taking lessons at Golftec and piecing together the swing, so far its hip sway, shorten swing (not doing well there) and keeping front heel grounded. I shot a 56 on a course Im usually shooting in the low 40s, kept chunking shots and the greens were arrated so that putting (which saved me on the weekend round) was troublesome. Had 3 putts right on and right before hole skipped to left or right due to arration hole

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Played 9 holes yesterday on a WINDY day (35+ mph) after about a week off as I was on a long weekend vacation. 

Thankfully, the warm weather has finally found us! My body and mind both felt great. My goal was to just take nice smooth swings and let the clubs do the rest. And it worked. 

I ended up shooting 37 with 3 birdies and 4 bogey's. The bogey's were one bad bounce, 1 bad pull off the tee and 2 putts where I was talking to my playing partner and not giving my full effort..... and should have been made. But it's really nice to feel confident because I know when I'm putting my full focus and effort into it, I should be around the par or better score....which is my goal for the year. 

I was extremely comfortable over the ball and it was going pretty much where I wanted with all clubs. I even had a drive go about 280 into a pretty hard core wind quartering into our faces. 

Swing just felt on and I loved it! Here's hoping the weather and positive swing continue. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink: