Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

*Opinion: New Titleist Drivers, Ugly or New thing of Beauty?

12 minutes ago, MichaelM said:

I don't care if it's square and bright yellow. If I can hit it longer and straighter than my current driver, I'm good.

sasquatch-sumo-squared-938-2_1.png

Yup.  The "minions" would be proud of their leader 😆 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I do not like the shiny finish. 

• Driver _ Ping G400 Max
  • Woods _ Ping G410 3 & 5 | Cleveland Launcher XL HALO 7
  • Hybrid _ Titleist 818 H1 25deg 
  • Irons _ Titleist T300 6-GW
  • Wedges _ Titleist SM10 52F & 56S
  • Putter _ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife Two Bar Hybrid
  • Distance _ Bushnell Phantom 2 GPS | Bushnell Tour V6 Shift
  • Ball _ Titleist Pro V1 yellow or Srixon Q Star Tour 5 Yellow
  • GHIN _ HCP floats between 8 & 12

:ping-small:  :cleveland-small: :titelist-small:  :vokey-small:   :odyssey-small:  :rife-putters-1:  :918457628_PrecisionPro:  :sunmountain: :Clicgear:   :footjoy-small:  

"Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips"

Posted (edited)

Neither for nor against at the moment. Would need to see if IRL and have it in my hand, but initial thoughts are the Matt sole is not brilliant but then who looks at the sole when hitting a ball and I am not sure of the GT logo instead of the old Triangle (then again I don't really notice it on the TSR2 that I am currently using) From address it looks like any classic Titleist driver which at the end of the day is what you are looking for and wanting.

Alex

Edited by alexchung

WITB 2024

Driver - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5* (Oban Isawa Red 65g 4 Flex)

Fairway Wood - TBC - Do I need one or do I go Mini Driver?

Hybrid - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke 4 21* Hybrid (Accra FX Gen 3 300H M4)

Irons - Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-GW (Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff, 1* Weak Loft, Flat)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM10 Tour Chrome 56.10S,  60.08M (Nippon Modus Tour 125 Stiff, 1.5* Flat)

Putter - L.A.B Golf Link 1 (33", 69* lie)

Ball - Srixon Z Star Diamond / Titleist ProV1x

With how good the TSR line is and I love the TRS3 I have so very interested to see these. Now to try and ignore everything so I am not tempted!

image.gif.e9ff17fd013f0d062b64fdf712a27104.gif

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

2 minutes ago, ZackS said:

With how good the TSR line is and I love the TRS3 I have so very interested to see these. Now to try and ignore everything so I am not tempted!

image.gif.e9ff17fd013f0d062b64fdf712a27104.gif

Buy a back up TSR3? 😆

WITB 2024

Driver - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5* (Oban Isawa Red 65g 4 Flex)

Fairway Wood - TBC - Do I need one or do I go Mini Driver?

Hybrid - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke 4 21* Hybrid (Accra FX Gen 3 300H M4)

Irons - Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-GW (Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff, 1* Weak Loft, Flat)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM10 Tour Chrome 56.10S,  60.08M (Nippon Modus Tour 125 Stiff, 1.5* Flat)

Putter - L.A.B Golf Link 1 (33", 69* lie)

Ball - Srixon Z Star Diamond / Titleist ProV1x

I get the appeal of a simplistic look, but in the age of the Darkspeed line, Titleist is gonna have to step it up. I’m sure they perform really well, but something about the titleist drivers never really appeal to my eye. Maybe it’s the shape, maybe they’re just a little bland. Also not a fan of the gloss finish on the crown. 

I also have to say that the “GT” name is played out in almost every single industry- bicycles, cars, musical instruments, etc. I’m kind of over it.

TM stealth 2+ driver

callaway paradigm TD 3 wood

mizuno jpx-921 hm pro irons (4-G)

mizuno t22 54 degree

kirky sig 60 degree

odyssey 2-ball 

It's not ugly but how a club looks in the bag isn't important to me. How the club makes me look is. I'll buy anything legal that makes me look better on the score card. : )  

Driver Ai Smoke Max 9* set at 8*

3 FW Ai Smoke

HW Ai Smoke

Hybrid G430

Irons Callaway Apex 21 Forged CB

Putter Ping Answer 2 PLD

Wedges Titleist Vokey SM9 56M and 60S

Ball, Vice Pro-Plus 

Handicap 6 

Drivers can sometime get too busy. While, if done right, it can sometime look pretty cool, bland/clean is, sometimes, a better way to go. Titleist is an elder statesman in drivers so this fits that bill, classic. I'm sure the performance will be good. Can't wait to try it.

Driver:       image.png.7f3c52cdda3996453095f572126b9503.png    Stealth Plus | HZRDUS Black 60g XS
Fairway:     image.png.de1d30837028fb410cf9dc1340344a45.png    Stealth 2 3 Wood | Aldila Rogue 110 SFlex
Hybrid:      image.png.c177efb5cde037d8fb691bcb450e5724.png    GAPR 3 (19degree) | Kuro Kage S Flex
Hybrid:      image.png.1fe8068c68ae75b2f1739ad6e9289e3f.png     Stealth 2 4 Hybrid | Kali 85-S  
Irons:         image.png.b17583525b373be8ce13f02fca7588a4.png     P790 5-A | Dynamic Gold S300 105 
Wedges:    image.png.57b205d69afea828699b768e9de81e92.png      MG3 56(down to 55) and 60 | Stock True Temper (DG) Wedge
Putter:       image.png.6b0c05187a2a0def1a1ca539fb41ac22.png      DF3 | White Accra x LAB | 34" 67 degree Lie Angle

I suppose that like any old grump, I'd be the wrong one to ask.
I thought that the PT was their best looking effort, post wood era.

I've got an old 13, 17, 20, 23° set.

Simple one piece heads, still shaped like wooden clubs.
I even love the cosmetics with no club numbers, just lofts.
I really should get them re-shafted and play them right now.
Or just get them re-gripped and play them as they are.

It's not that I'm threatening any course records anyway.

As someone who loved and misses my 975D, I've always been a fan of Titleist. I had a TS3 for about 3 months and hated it. Maybe, once they drop in price after a couple of years, I may jump at trying one of these. I'm not sure about the shiny top however. My luck, I'll tee up where the sun reflects off it into my eyes.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

I am curious to see how this new Titleiest Driver performs. As for the look it is a little shiny to me. I just got fitted at Club Champion in North Scottsdale this past March and tried the latest Titleiest Driver however my fitter ended up with me going with the Ping G430 Driver, 3 wood & hybrid.

Philip Henn

Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker

Hunt Distinctive Properties ERA

Cell: 480.825.1686

EMAIL: philip.henn@huntrealestate.com

My very first reaction was the I did not like it, but I could not articulate why. As I looked through the pictures, I realized that it was not the look of the driver, but rather the name and badging.  It won’t deter me from trying it, and putting it in play if it performs though.  When I hear anything GT, it evokes in me thoughts of race cars. It’s almost as if they are trying to hard to tell you it’s fast. Like when Taylormade had the Speed line of clubs.    I think it’s fine, but IMO, it was gonna be hard to improve on the looks of TSR lineup. 

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

Posted (edited)

It’s hard to get excited about the new Titleist GT driver when it looks “basic”. I’m sure performance is quality but I wouldn’t switch last years Titleist driver for this years Titleist GT

Edited by Ping_Ping

Sports Enthusiast

Football & Golf steal the show 

Traveling to warmer weather locations

Bourbon Spirits and Czech Style Pilsners

Johnny Tobacconaut is my go to golf stogie

I am an admitted Titleist fanboy, so I love them. I game the TsR3, and I love it. It would take a lot to get me to spend $1,000 CAD on something that might produce a fraction more speed. I do love the weight track moved to the front. I will be testing for sure when it becomes available.

I am sure in hand they look just fine.  Titleist is always about purity of looks and sound,  I trust them not to disappoint.  They take 2 years on cycle for a reason. 

WITB T3 Driver, T3 3 wood, 5 wood, hybrids, Mizuno 923 irons, vokey wedges, Scotty 009 putter

The look from the top is the traditional, classic Titleist look, and the flat black surfaces on the sole may actually be an improvement to stop the scratches or tee marks from causing damage to what once were shiny black on the TSR models.

Initial "news" or "reports" are increased ball speeds, so it will be interesting to see what gains or improvements may actually transpire.

The weight track to the front of the GT3 is interesting to me, as I play the TSR3 fairways with the track in a similar position and am more than happy with them.

Possibly they added weight to the back to counter the shift to the front?

As far as the GT2 fairways having the weight in the front, that is similar to the TSR2 hybrids, and I play a TSR2 21 degree without issue of ball flight or forgiveness.

I like them, will need to see if there are any substantial gains to be had before I would make a switch from my current set-up.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

I don't care what it looks like... (except for those horrid turbolators on the Ping G430 MAX...then I CARE! ugh), I just want to know how it works with my golf swing and my needs.  I don't look at the bottom of my club when I'm playing 😉 

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) 

Fairway Woods: NEW Cobra LTDx King 3 & 5 FW (Project-X Hzrdus iM10 Smoke Green 60g 5.5R)

Irons: TaylorMade Qi 6-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0 Mallet

Grips: GolfPride CP2 Wrap Jumbo

New Gamer Ball: 2024 Bridgestone Tour B RX 

Maybe it is just me, but the gloss finish on my TSi3 has never, not once, given me any issues with glare. Clearly that is something that comes down to personal preference, but for me it's never been a problem. I love the look of a gloss crown, and the less busy the better. Anyone remember the Taylormade R1, RBZ Stage 2, etc.? Matte crowns sure, but super busy and just way too much going on. 

As to sole design, no, it isn't as clean as the TSr or as futuristic looking as the TSi3, but I am guessing that there is possibly something in the tech behind the amount of the matte material on the club. 

I love a good looking club as much as the next player, but if something performs, bottom line you play it. Looking forward to the details in tech coming out down the line!

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)