furu

OH...

MY...

GOD!!!

I cannot wait!

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

What are you guys talking about!

- Great font.

- Using "heritage" to show that Wilson is for old people.

- The compass or something on the left side is clearly a reference to TaylorMades new driver.

- And they even have vault!

Wilson's plan to gain back old reputation.... Do what all the other elite companies are doing

What they should do.... Stop making clubs for Walmart, then do what other elite companies are doing. When was the last time you saw Taylormade or Titleist clubs at Walmart? Sure they're not Wilson Staff, but in the eyes of many, that just doesn't look good for the quality and superiority of their products.

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

I kinda like it, plus we only have to wait two days to see what they're talking about.

I'm with you, not sure why all the negative comments. I'm actually more excited for this than any of the bigger names.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

If it has people talking about it, then it's doing its job....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

If it has people talking about it, then it's doing its job....

But outside the golf forums, nobody is talking about Wilson Staff.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Bingo.

Tru dat. But we do have some Wilson Staff players here, and I'd be willing to bet going back 1 to 2 years there wasn't much talk here about Wilson at all. Wilson was pretty far off the radar - and I don't think it happened overnight - so give 'em some props for at least getting back on the radar.

Agree with Matt - hope to heck it's not a big whoopdeedoo over that new driver. The whole "vault" thing is kind of intriguing. But then again, I'm old...

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

New putter or an iron that looks like something they played 100 years ago but is packed with technology and very forgiving.

From Wilson UKs facebookpage;

Don't miss out on seeing our VINTAGE VAULT this weekend. You may have some old WS sticks in the shed that you would like to share with us?

What Wilson Staff is about to unleash from its archives is something no other golf company can offer…the VINTAGE VAULT. Come back to us on Friday to see what it is.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's just an online museum of golf clubs........

I already know what they're releasing....The Fg17, circa 2013

The single greatest designed iron in the history of the game.

For those who can't hit 'em?

A very neat little GPS watch to guide ya to the nearest Walmart!

And for thos skeptics amongst you?

Titleist? yea right. Cally? Sorry. TMaG? You're kidding right?

No, and contrary to a few of you stone tossers, this will be the singularly most successful launch, well ya guessed it, in the history of the game!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

The fg-17s were what made me fall in love with blades. I tried a set of fg-59s which were their current version of the 17s. I bought those and the X-Protos to compare. As nice as the 59s are, I hit the Protos better and they're more forgiving and longer. So I sold the Wilsons. I don't expect they would try another "current" fg-17. Truth is, I was pretty torn about which set to keep for quite a while. Almost kept them both. Nice clubs.

I remember when Gerald Rivers opened, I'm sorry, Geraldo Rivera, I forgot Gerry likes to think of himself as more exotic, But I remember when he opened Al Capone's Vault. I wonder if this is the same thing. Dust from the 1920's. Wilson Staff may have some divots from the 1940's made by Wilson Staff clubs back when they were played on tour by everybody hidden in their vault.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I kinda like it, plus we only have to wait two days to see what they're talking about.

Looking forward to new Wilson product. Still some of the best irons around. By the comments of many, they still have a way to go as far as branding goes. The heritage angle is good, but Mizuno owns sexy at this point. Sexy still sells.

Blade, that whole post was in jest :) As you said, there will never be another 17. I too play the 59s, as I alternate them with the 68s. My first three sets of irons across 21 yrs were the Dyna-Powered, the Dyna-Powers, then the 17s.

I purchased the Fg62s(which JMiller did a phennominal review of here), though they were so close to my 68s that I stayed with what I knew and sold 'em.

But the 59s? For me, they were special. Cosmetically & to my eye, they were a lot like my Mizzy 33s, which are one of my two favorite all-time irons.

Regarding my post, it was a combination of jerkin the anti-Wilson guys around, my layin in a hopspital bed bein bored & my meds kickin in. Bad combination. lol

Have a good one Bro & thanx a lot for gettin involved, It's great to have ya!

My Best

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Thanks RP. I really didn't think the idea was far fetched. It was actually a fair guess though I didn't realize you were kidding about it. I just knew they had already done it, so didn't think they would again. Yea those 59s are so nice. Like I said I almost kept both sets I liked them so much. Sorry to hear you're laid up. I've been off work waiting for surgery myself. At least I've been able get out and play a bit. Surgery is Mon. Just day surgery thankfully. But I'll be holed up in the house for a while. I'm sure you'll hear more from me with time on my hands. Hope you're back up soon.

The suspense is killing me!

Paul

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Yeah.......well...... That was interesting. I guess.

The lock on the Wilson Staff Vintage Vault is officially unsealed, and it's open for the world to see.

Become a part of our proud heritage - view a newly established gallery of golf clubs and products that date back to the early 1900's, and commemorate the century-long history that defines the Wilson Staff of today.

29367_10151177692432675_1701276145_n.jpg

For those of you who appreciate the beauty of golf clubs in their original design stages, may we introduce you to our first release from the Vintage Vault – the HOL-HI Matched Iron Model. Featuring the hammer forged, Chromium plated mild steel heads, hickory shafts and red and black Wilson bell top tapered grips, this 2 “Midiron” from the early 1930s cost $7.50 in its day.

The catalog guaranteed the steel heads “will not rust or dull”. LIKE if you believe that to be the truth.

Boring! That's It!

I guess it cool but I expected more with the hype.

Pretty sure I could Google vintage wilson clubs in images.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

I guess Wilson does still have a bit to learn about marketing...

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

It's as if they've given up. No point in competing with the big boys. Sorry Wilson. Heritage is a great thing, but this was boring.

The only thing I can see as sensible is that they're trying to establish a new image of Wilson. Use "heritage" for all it's worth. Maybe it's not the best brand now, but it has been at some time.

I have been looking for the Wilson Vault is it a web sight ? or you tube I just purchased a set of Ci9 Irons

and am very interested in what they are up to. Red

Adams F11 driver voodoo shaft

Adams F11 3 wood voodoo

Cleveland 3 and 4 hybrids dst,s

Ben Hogan Apex Edge Forgedvarious putters Adams 62, Voit tornado like a bulls eye , nevercompramise sub 30 - 50

Precept Balls or titleist or any good ball I find

• 2 months later...

Wilson's plan to gain back old reputation.... Do what all the other elite companies are doing

What they should do.... Stop making clubs for Walmart, then do what other elite companies are doing. When was the last time you saw Taylormade or Titleist clubs at Walmart? Sure they're not Wilson Staff, but in the eyes of many, that just doesn't look good for the quality and superiority of their products.

Been saying that for years...

Related story- Was at the driving range last season and a guy comes up and starts chatting about his upcoming corporate golf trip and wasn't a frequent golfer (talking non stop on the practice tee was my first clue.). He has a bag of Wilson department store quality clubs he's hoping will suffice. Within 15 minutes he's snapped the head off the driver and 3 wood. He gets on the phone (of course) to call his wife and announce he's going to be late getting back because he needs to buy some new clubs. We had a chuckle over it but I thought to myself "What are the chances of him ever buying another Wilson product?". I play Wilson Staff irons and love them but I've always thought Wilson marketing shoots itself in the foot with its low line Wilson stuff.

Other brands seem to have lower lines that are low tech but decently made but the Wilson low line stuff screams "low quality" (IMO).

That said, Wilson Staff has regained much of its reputation as a premier iron manufacturer. Just think they'd be better served by tightening the gap between the Wilson and Staff lines a bit.

Wilson sent me the complete D100 lineup, FG Tour V2, new FG wedges and ladies D100 clubs for testing. Took them to the local golf center. Everyone said the same thing - "Look good, feel nice, probably just as good as TM and the others...........but it's Wilson!"

They have a huge job to do. Building a reputation is hard. Buliding a reputation when the competition is on top of their game........tough times ahead for Wilson.

The clubs are excellent. D100 irons are getting the same numbers as X Hot.

Checked the Hot List to find how the D100's compared price-wise to other SGI irons - not surprisingly, they're on the middle-lower end of the scale at $700 (although the Callaway RAZR HL hybrid set was near the bottom at $600!). Powerbilt, Yonex and Cobra's Hybrid Baffler set were priced lower than the Wilson's - and the RocketBladez Max came in at $1,300. One way to change the way people look at your product is to....raise the price! Middle-of-the-road price makes you think middle-of-the-road product. And as furu states above, the D100's don't appear to be a middle-of-the-road product, and the V2's definitely aren't.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived