Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Miura Caddy Bag 2012 review

sai-jin

Looks:

Color is great, no complaints. But the overkill Miura logo plastering everywhere can be a little overbearing.

Overall it's a head turner. Will appeal to Japanese players due to the Japanese flag and characters.

Features / Performance / Durability:

This bag a a lot of HUGE pockets, unfortunately the side pockets are a little tight since it's rather flat.

The back and front side pockets are big and you can pretty much fit a lot of tupperwares full of food and a HUGE botle of water if you want to.

The Shoulder strap is very comfortable and I feel that this is the only bag I own that's quite ergonomic and fitting to carry around without feeling weird due to the dimensions.

The handle is very sturdy and made of very solid material.

The top is a 6 way divider. I never liked 6 way dividers because the grips tend to stick in the bottom thus if you pull 1 club, you'll pull the other clubs in that same slot... same goes with this bag. WHY can't they at least make the divider ALL the way to the bottom, rather than just at the top?

This is an annoyance for me. Plus, no real slot for putter, so my putter took the entire 6th slot to itself.

The plus side is that I can actually fit around 18 clubs if I want to .

The material used to build this club I don't think is the most durable material. It has pleather, plastic.

And so you need to be a little more careful and take care of the bag. My Sun mountain bags are all durable.

But I guess Miura probably need to use these materials to gain the look they want on the bag, which is gorgeous.

Another gripe I have is that it fits rather snugly to a riding cart. So you can't access the side you decide to put into the cart.

Conclusion:

I really like the look of this bag. I'm mostly going to use it when I want to impress business people or when I play with the consul general or other important people.

I only gave 2 stars for the value because at $699 I expect quite a bit more from a product.

I really feel that the $699 price tag is not the bag, rather an over charging ploy for the "Miura" name. This bag I'd say is for those who collects. I have seen other caddy bags with very identical style and features only with different logos for $300 less MSRP.

I'm certainly keeping mine because I got it at a wonderful deal that I won't be able to get again.

However if I were ti purchase at full price, I honestly don't think it's worth the price tag.

My Sun Mountain C130 is more functional than this bag, aside from being a carry bag, because this Miura bag does perform better as a carry bag.

Another thing to note is the rain cover is huge... and not only that, it's NOT foldable and it takes up one of the side slots completely. You can attach it to the side of the back through the clips, but then again... what if it detaches and you lose it?

Thus my conclusion is that this bag is mainly for show and not function. As a caddy bag, you can go and grab a full sized caddy bag for a bit less and more function... if you use have a caddy that it.

****Photos belong to Jim Von*****

Miura 2012 Caddy bag.jpg

Miura 2012 Caddy Bag 2.jpg

Miura 2012 Caddy Bag 3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for submitting the review. You summed it up very well. It's an impressive looking bag although my $100 stand bag has far more utility. But if I'm playing with my companies CEO, I'll borrow yours. It's great eye candy.

Thanks for submitting the review. You summed it up very well. It's an impressive looking bag although my $100 stand bag has far more utility. But if I'm playing with my companies CEO, I'll borrow yours. It's great eye candy.

Hi,

Correct! This bag is mainly eye candy to impress people. The one thing I do like is that it carries much better than my C130 and you can put more than 14 clubs =D.

Glad you enjoyed the review.

Archived