Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Cobra AMP Forged irons

I just can't stand the orange I think they look cheap!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Hit them at Golfsmith a few times. Not bad but like WJ said the orange is just too much for me. I like the look of the amp cell pro much more

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Yep!

My Bro hit these and ordered them over the Mizzy 59s.

The Pros are serious forges irons.

Danno, have ya had a chance to hit those yet?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Yea, those pros look great.

I tried them out for a good while. The theory at the start was they would be a good replacement for my Pro CB's. Same forged Cobra feel but more of a cavity going on so hopefully a little more forgiving.

And they were, but only slightly. I found them to perform very similair to the AP2's with a different feel. More of a harsher click sound, closer to a RBZ or Ap1 iron which suprised me from a forged head. Loft for loft they also launched the ball higher then the Pro CB's, I suspect due to the tungsten slugs in the sole.

I like them, but there's just something missing in the sound department to really make them ace. Incredible bargin though. Effectively you're getting an orange AP2 for $200 less at everyday retail prices. Hard to pass that up.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Haven't had a chance to hit them yet, mostly due to limited time when I actually get into a golf shop. I've been pretty intrigued since the launch, just wish they came in the rest of the colors that Cobra offers. They would look sweet in blue.

What were your thoughts after hitting them? Good enough to give them a serious chance in a fitting?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I hit both the amp cell forged and the amp cell pros at a demo day about 6 weeks back, purely out of ignorance because i am not good enough to game them. They did feel real sweet on the range when hit properly. I liked them way better than the set of Cleveland 588 forged that I owned and was stupid enough to think I could play

Archived