Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Putting stats

Kor.A.Door

So I've been thinking, not a good thing sometimes. do putting stats matter? Do they show the true story of your round?

Sometimes I think the matter a great deal, but other time I dont. I can have 32 putts in the round and shoot, 84, but I could have 37 putts and shoot 79, one round I missed greens, the next hit the greens, so isn't GIR the real story of the round? If I hit greens and 2 putt my PPR goes up, but doesn't mean I scored poorly, but if I miss a lot if greens my PPR may go down, but I may score poorly because of it. I need to stop thinking.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I posted somewhere here over the weekend that my past 12 month average is 31 PPR. I've had many rounds with 28-29 putts but shot 78-84. You guessed it. I missed a lot of greens but chipped up close and one putted. I miss way too many greens. However, my missed greens are usually just off by a few feet if that. Putts from the collar I count as a GIR. One thing good I can say is that I rarely 3 putt. Thank goodness.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I continue to maintain that puts per round is a good stat if there is a large enough sample.  Obviously there will be rounds where there is a disconnect just as there will be rounds where GIRs don't matter.  The difficult thing about PPR is that there are other factors involved but it is a relevant stat so long as you take it with a grain of salt and don't try to prove rules by the exceptional round.

In the end the only true measures or pure putting ability are percentage of putts made at each distance point plus the percentage of three putt avoidance from each corresponding distance.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My scores would be significantly lower lately if putts per round went down. It's the 3 putts that kill a round.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I 4 putted from 5 feet yesterday. Easy par into a round destroying triple. 5 damn feet.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I'm with PlaidJacket on this one. My best ppr was 24 but I missed so many greens that I ended up chipping and 1 putted most of the round. When I hit greens I generally 2 putt because I'm not or was not accurate with my irons but hopefully that seems to be changing for the better. Question. If you hit on the green but it rolls to the fringe, the fringe don't count like a gir right? I always mark that as a missed green and even if I putt from the fringe I call it a chip

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I'm with PlaidJacket on this one. My best ppr was 24 but I missed so many greens that I ended up chipping and 1 putted most of the round. When I hit greens I generally 2 putt because I'm not or was not accurate with my irons but hopefully that seems to be changing for the better. Question. If you hit on the green but it rolls to the fringe, the fringe don't count like a gir right? I always mark that as a missed green and even if I putt from the fringe I call it a chip

Correct, fringe is not GIR. Although if I am putting from the fringe, I usually count it as a putt, and that isn't correct,.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived