Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Fall & Winter - stuck inside

StrokerAce

Not an issue for me here. Winter minimum overnight is usually 4-8C (39F-46F), with maximums 12-18C (53F-64F). We have more of an issue in summer, when maximium temps can get up to scary levels. Hottest I've played in was 47C (117F) it wasn't too bad until the cart broke down with 4 holes to play (actually, I lie, it was brutal and got worse). 

Hottest I've walked was 43C (109F)  I managed it well, but you really need to be careful.

My summer solution will be to utilise the pool I've put in my backyard, our really hot days (40C+) are usually accompanied by 25+mph winds, so I'll be mostly submerged.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

You know if you have a regular foursome, you could always join a bowling league. They have fun non competitive ones (actually they can be a little competitive with all the drinking) and competitive ones if you want to get serious.

You know if you have a regular foursome, you could always join a bowling league. They have fun non competitive ones (actually they can be a little competitive with all the drinking) and competitive ones if you want to get serious.

I tried that a couple years ago with some guys from our regular group. They didn't appear interested.

But i thought it was a good idea as well.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

We had a day last winter when I couldn't play. So the next day when it warmed up to 55 I hit the links.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Do you need an assistant?

I require an assistant and have three nice ladies that run my life based on where I am located. I am fairly high maintenance as my wife likes to point out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Not an issue for me here. Winter minimum overnight is usually 4-8C (39F-46F), with maximums 12-18C (53F-64F). We have more of an issue in summer, when maximium temps can get up to scary levels. Hottest I've played in was 47C (117F) it wasn't too bad until the cart broke down with 4 holes to play (actually, I lie, it was brutal and got worse). 

Hottest I've walked was 43C (109F)  I managed it well, but you really need to be careful.

My summer solution will be to utilise the pool I've put in my backyard, our really hot days (40C+) are usually accompanied by 25+mph winds, so I'll be mostly submerged.

Have you beat by 3 degrees. Hit 120F here a few weeks ago. My previous record was 117, so I know the feeling.

To the OP: best idea is to find a indoor driving range. Or maybe better yet: when someone asks you for a gift... tell them golf lessons. You get to swing indoors plus get the lessons to help you in 2017.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Have you tried to swing a club indoors in your house?  I also have 9' ceilings in my basement and have found I can easily swing up to a 7 iron and I could possibly go longer, but I haven't tried.  I am 6' 3" with pretty long arms and a full swing.  I use foam balls off of a mat into the curtains of my sliding door.  I also use Zepp in the winter to help keep my swing consistent.

For short game I have a little putting green and a chipping net that I hit foam balls into.

Driver: Ping G30 SFTech Stiff Flex

3W: Cobra F9, Atmos TS Blue 7S

5W: Cobra F6

4H: Cobra F7 4-5H 22* Stiff Flex

5-PW: Taylormade RSI TP +1/2", 2* Upright, Stiff Flex (DG S400)

50, 54: Titleist Vokey SM6 Steel Grey, F-Grind/M-Grind

I just ordered a putting green that I plan on installing in my den for when I'm too lazy to go over to the course. Hopefully it should help with my terrible stroke.

Update: it's here and installed in my bedroom. It is complete with Pro V1 balls provided by the wonderful range attendant I have working here ;)

1471381695529.jpg

I take lessons year round so I never stop swinging the clubs. The last few seasons I haven't practiced even close to what I should. Mainly because of work. This offseason I hope to change that. I'm off every Sunday now with the new job so I can schedule regular lessons and practice on those days.

I also dropped about 30 pounds this past offseason and saw it helped my game a lot. Distance and ball speed has gone up quite a bit. This year I'd like to go down another 60-70lbs while increasing my flexibility.

Short game will be a major focus during practice for me as I'm still losing more shots than I'm gaining there. The tiba putt will get worn out this year.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• 2 weeks later...

Update: it's here and installed in my bedroom. It is complete with Pro V1 balls provided by the wonderful range attendant I have working here ;)

attachicon.gifIMAG1198.jpg

That looks good, how much was it or do you have a link?

:titelist-small: 913 D2 9.5° Diamana BlueBoard S+ 62g

:callaway-small: Diablo Octane Tour 15° Fujikura Motore F3 S-60

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Hawk Eye VFT 5W Callaway RCH-96

:mizuno-small: MP-22 HMB 19° N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120

:mizuno-small:  MP-55 4-PW N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 54.8 DGS400

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 60.6 DGS400

:cameron-small:  Studio Style Newport 2.5

:titelist-small:  ProV1

That looks good, how much was it or do you have a link?

Thanks, I got it on Amazon for $30 I think, somewhere around there.

Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green (9-feet x 3-feet)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001B6CH0S/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_oD4WxbA0P7EH1

Archived