Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Questions on Mchenry Driver

BIG STU

I had a friend of mine give me a McHenry driver. I am not really familiar with the brand. I did look it up on the web and saw their factory web site. What peaked my curiosity was today I was looking in a closeout golf shop and found 2 of their staff bags pretty nice bags. Came home and looked it up on the web and did not learn much just advertising hype so to speak. Just wondered if any of you MGSers could share any light on the brand. It has a senior flex shaft so I wonder if it would be worth my time and effort to reshaft it for me? Any and all information would be helpful Thanks in advance

Stu

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

The only McHenry I am familar with is McHenry Metals.  Founded by Gary Adams after he sold TaylorMade and Founders Club.  Gary died shortly after founding of McHenry Metals and I think they went under shortly thereafter,  They made  Tour Pure woods and Strike Tri-Bounce Wedges.  I have a set of wedges(52,56 and 60) and they are tremendous!  Check out eBay for their product( GolfSpy wouldn't let me share link).

Gary was  from McHenry, Il (TaylorMade was there until they moved to San Diego) and thus the name McHenry Metals.

Driver-Wishon 715CLC- AXE5 A shaft tipeed 1/2"
Fairway -Sonartec SS-02 17*-SS Series Penley Regular shaft
Hybrid-21 & 25 degree Trident DSW Hybrid-UST Irod regular shaft
(2009 version)
Irons- 5-PW-Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release sensicore R(5&6 soft stepped,-7,8 and 9 normal and PW hard stepped)
Wedges-52-Wilson Staff JP II BeCu(Bent from 54*) TT Release R   hard stepped

56-Wilson Sandy Andy BeCu-TT Release R tipped same as 8 iron

60-Wilson Harmonized BeCu-(shaft same as 56*)
Putter-Nickent Tour Prototype Milled #1-35.5"-5* loft-74*Lie

The only McHenry I am familar with is McHenry Metals.  Founded by Gary Adams after he sold TaylorMade and Founders Club.  Gary died shortly after founding of McHenry Metals and I think they went under shortly thereafter,  They made  Tour Pure woods and Strike Tri-Bounce Wedges.  I have a set of wedges(52,56 and 60) and they are tremendous!  Check out eBay for their product( GolfSpy wouldn't let me share link).

Gary was  from McHenry, Il (TaylorMade was there until they moved to San Diego) and thus the name McHenry Metals.

OK thanks mlf that was the info I was after it is a McHenry Metals Tour Pure driver I may reshaft it and try it. My first metal wood was a Founders Club small head about the size of the Persimmon I was hitting at the time. I loved that thing. I was just trying to make sure it was not a pile of cheap junk

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived