Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

They Teed It Up In Minnesota Today...

GolfSpy Barbajo

Wasn't able to join them, but some buds made it out today...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Was the ground frozen? the reason I ask that is that when it gets 30* and lower here and we have frost the courses are closed until it thaws because walking on the grass will kill it here. Now I have been to Minnesota quite a bit in my trucking days but that thought never occurred to me. I have never played golf in Minnesota. Do they have different grasses or strands up there that are more cold resistant? I have played in Wisconsin in the summer and know about Zoysia grass. just curious

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Dec 26th in Metro Detroit was beautiful, 47 and sunny whatever courses were opened were jammed with those guys with their new Christmas presents.  Didn't play myself as not to desert my beloved bride on her favorite day of shopping.   This was painful but sometimes we have to sacrifice and carry the bags, like a caddy, for those we love.  (...tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow..)

Yesterday, the sun didn't come out but it was about same temperature, heavy cloud cover, a couple of drizzly drips and very windy, but we got in 18 at a local municipal course, which was awesome.   So grateful to get to play golf instead of pounding range balls in the dreary dome of doom and despair.   It was a little wet and soft, there were aeration holes on the greens still and some of the approach shots buried into the greens. 

Only three months to go to April.  Four months to mushy May. Five months to "damn, it's hot out here".

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

Was the ground frozen? the reason I ask that is that when it gets 30* and lower here and we have frost the courses are closed until it thaws because walking on the grass will kill it here. Now I have been to Minnesota quite a bit in my trucking days but that thought never occurred to me. I have never played golf in Minnesota. Do they have different grasses or strands up there that are more cold resistant? I have played in Wisconsin in the summer and know about Zoysia grass. just curious

We have frost delays to save the greens in MN.  

Archived