What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

What’s the scoop on these? What’s. Similar profile?

Absolutely no idea.  It's the standout winner among those I tested at the Truespec fitting.  It averaged ~9 more yards carry and had less dispersion.  To be quite honest I didn't notice that much difference between it and the Alta CB 55 on my G410P... feel wise that is.  I was toying with trying a Tensei Orange as these are more readily available with PING adapters but opted to just pull the trigger on the KBS.

Of course, one never has to dig to deep to find the scoop on all things golf 👍

First Look: KBS TD Graphite Driver/Fairway Wood Shafts | MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honmas arrived. More pics in my fitting thread

To follow up on one of my teases from the other day. PXG Proto X 9 degree Evenflow Blue 5.5  

Posted Images

Huge question!!! Are 350 dollar shafts ever worth the money. Would you rather have a couple year old driver with a $350 shaft or a new head with a meh shaft???

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 9* Ventus Red Velocore (Reg)

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 3-wood 15* (flat setting) Tensei Ck Blue (Reg)

Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 3hy 19* + 4hy 22* (flat setting) Tensei Ck Red (Reg)

Irons: :taylormade-small: P7mc 4-P (2* flat) Nippon NS Pro (Reg)

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 50,55,60 SB (2* flat) True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom 12

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer

Launch Monitor: Flightscope Mevo+

7 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Absolutely no idea.  It's the standout winner among those I tested at the Truespec fitting.  It averaged ~9 more yards carry and had less dispersion.  To be quite honest I didn't notice that much difference between it and the Alta CB 55 on my G410P... feel wise that is.  I was toying with trying a Tensei Orange as these are more readily available with PING adapters but opted to just pull the trigger on the KBS.

Of course, one never has to dig to deep to find the scoop on all things golf 👍

First Look: KBS TD Graphite Driver/Fairway Wood Shafts | MyGolfSpy

Will that displace ventus?

• Hmmm 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

15 minutes ago, c_zoid said:

Huge question!!! Are 350 dollar shafts ever worth the money. Would you rather have a couple year old driver with a $350 shaft or a new head with a meh shaft???

Good question.  I know this shaft attached to my G410P driver head moved the needle.  How one chooses to pencil out the ROI will vary 🙂.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

A KBS TD 50 driver shaft is on the way. 

image.png.0f9a9682287c043e08f207c258dcebed.png

I am happily the winner of the forum pool on if you would actually purchase a new driver this year. 

As long as you hold out on irons for another 2 years I'll be able to put Xander through college in that payday. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :callaway-small:  Mac Daddy Forged 52° , 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

@fixyurdivot full ping? i dont know about that

Edited by c_zoid
  • Haha 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 9* Ventus Red Velocore (Reg)

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 3-wood 15* (flat setting) Tensei Ck Blue (Reg)

Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 3hy 19* + 4hy 22* (flat setting) Tensei Ck Red (Reg)

Irons: :taylormade-small: P7mc 4-P (2* flat) Nippon NS Pro (Reg)

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 50,55,60 SB (2* flat) True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom 12

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer

Launch Monitor: Flightscope Mevo+

Depends on the person, everyone is different. There are people on this forum that the $350 aftermarket shaft is worth every penny; there are others who say it is a complete waste of money and put it in a closet never to be seen again. Both are correct because that has been their experience.

As for which driver, I’d prefer to have the one that fit me best. That said I would prefer to have the driver that gave me the best balance of cost and performance. I personally wouldn’t spend $350
on a shaft and would prefer to be fit into a stock or inexpensive upgrade.

If you look in my WITB, I have the KBS shaft in my driver. I didn’t pay $350 for it, I paid $91. It was used and it was cut short. So I guess I have the old driver with the expensive shaft. After hitting lots of new drivers with decent shafts, I am not switching.
  • Like 9

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :taylormade-small:TM-180

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 hours ago, c_zoid said:

I am a shaft guy so as long as the driver head isn't too old, lets say a G400 era, then I think spending money on the right shaft for you is the direction I would lean.  Once I find a clubhead I like whether it be an iron or driver I stick with it a while and would rather swap in shafts to tweak performance than change the head.  Or like my recent G410 experiment swap in different head weights if it's adjustable to tweak things.

The right shaft for you may not be a high $$ one either.  The shaft that I loved in the last driver, a G10, ended up being a $50 ProLaunch Red.  And you can find used premium shafts for sale for much less than retail if you are patient.

• Like 5

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* Hybrid, Snake Eyes 23* Hybrid,  PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

21 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

sorry, i misread.  no, i didn't hit ventus.  the driver shaft lineup is Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70g, KuroKage XT 70TX, GD XC 7TX, and the Smoke RDX 70 TX

Those shaft profiles😍😍

:titelist-small: TS3 Tensei Av Raw White 65s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White or King Cobra UT 18.5 with KBS C Taper

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-GW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM7 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex stiff

:odyssey-small:  Double Wide Stroke Lab 2019 with Super Stroke Tour 3.0

:Snell: MTB-X Golf Ball or Vice Pro Plus

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

Leupod Gx2i3 Rangefinder

Yes they are worth it if it fits your swing and clubhead setup. 

There are several companies that offer them as a stock offering like PX with the hzrdus line including the new rdx blue and black, but there are several companies that have them as upcharge.

Aldila rogue white is another.

For some the performance may be better with these bit for others it could be a hindrance. The ventus with velocore is a great shaft but TM has a made for version and those with slower swings have benefitted more from the TM version than the aftermarket one 

• Like 5

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

there’s no reason to have to choose between those two options. 

the used premium shaft market is insane. i have well over $1000 of shafts that i’m testing for my driver that i didn’t pay $400 for. 

• Like 9

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

36 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

the used premium shaft market is insane. i have well over $1000 of shafts that i’m testing for my driver that i didn’t pay $400 for. 

I don’t want this to come off the wrong way. But that’s an incredible feat with the market as hot as it is.  Can you share on how you were able to find such good deals. I know BST is a great way to get better pricing but any other tips

• Like 4

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White or King Cobra UT 18.5 with KBS C Taper

Leupod Gx2i3 Rangefinder

Gift cards used.  Trigger pulled.  STZ 3 wood, Ventus Blue 7x shaft tipped .75"

Looking forward to hitting it head to head on the course against my G410LST 3W to see if the hype is real

Was told delivery time should be about 5 weeks

Just now, RollingGreens said:

I don’t want this to come off the wrong way. But that’s an incredible feat with the market as hot as it is.  Can you share on how you were able to find such good deals. I know BST is a great way to get better pricing but any other tips

WRX Classifieds - best place to find deals on premium shafts

• Like 8

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1
9 hours ago, c_zoid said:

Like everyone else has said depends on you.

For me was worth every single cent. The feel for me is second to none. I have made different shafts work over the years for better or worse, but swinging different shafts has opened my eyes and if you can get a deal aftermarket for something that works for you then pull the trigger. Can always sell it after is what I say.

• Like 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

10 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Gift cards used.  Trigger pulled.  STZ 3 wood, Ventus Blue 7x shaft tipped .75"

Looking forward to hitting it head to head on the course against my G410LST 3W to see if the hype is real

Was told delivery time should be about 5 weeks

I use it quite frequently. You have to be pretty quick but patient at the same time. Supply and demand is making it difficult to get optimal pricing. I’m also picky about who I purchase from. Raw length is optimal. Depending on what head it was installed in length could be less than what you are hoping for

Edited by RollingGreens
  • Like 1

Leupod Gx2i3 Rangefinder

26 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

As someone who blew too much money to try a shaft that worked "on paper" but ultimately didn't stand up to my gamer, I can confirm that this is a great way to score a deal as a buyer. I picked it up new in early 2019, have tried selling on 3-4 different forums (including eBay), and I can't even get half of what I paid for it. It worked well enough, so just keeping it as a backup / occasional change of pace instead of dipping way lower. In the past, I have picked up a couple $400-$500 shafts for the $125-$150 range on the secondary market. 

Just do whatever you can to watch for counterfeits. The more documentation you can get from the seller, the better. For example, I hang onto my receipts and other documentation to show it's (likely) legit. WRX seems to have a good amount of oversight on their BST forum, so I'd expect it to be reliable, but at the moment I don't trust eBay for high-end golf equipment (would definitely ask for authenticity documentation unless it's a known/trusted seller). 

• Like 8

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10, 60.06

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Grip

@fixyurdivot full ping? i dont know about that

Jeez, I just realized what this means 😲.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

^^this right here.

@RollingGreens i tend to luck out because there isnt a huge buyer's market for the shafts that fit my swing.  lots of guys on WRX buy the TX versions of the high end shafts and quickly realize they can't swing them.  i come along once the listing has been sitting there for a few weeks and offer $150 for a $400 shaft that's been hit a handful of times.

• Like 7

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w