GolfSpy Barbajo

Padraig Harrington Makes Some Changes for 2016

Our Sponsors

Looks like Paddy is making some changes in his bag for this year...and he's going Game Improvement...

What do you think of Padraig's weapons?

• Like 1

The D200 is shocking to me! I tried the D100 and was hooking it off the planet which is normally a sign that it's too GI. Perhaps the D200 reigns that in. The F5's are a nice looking iron that play much like the Mizuno JPX forged IMO.

Interesting equipment choices. It's actually a bag that I could game.

Ricky Barnes had been gaming, up till this year, a Wilson DXi hybrid from I think 2009.

The D200 was my last attempt at a hybrid. I just can't hit them with any consistency or, at this point, confidence

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

John, do you have any more info on the FG Tour PMP wedges? I don't recall seeing the PMP badging on these... are they new or am I just out of the loop?

Wrote them up in a blog post back in January - haven't hit them yet but they look pretty nice

• Like 1

I have to admit to having been absent for some time. I'll look back at the blog post. I took a look at the W/S website and they only have the standard sole for sale. I looked at the custom catalogue on the website as well but it's from 2014 so the wedges are not in there.

I believe Paddy is also bagging a C200 4 or 5 iron. And Ricky Barnes played a DXi hybrid?!! Good gawd those were awful things, as were most of the DXi line.

Glad to see you back Brad..........

thanks Foz, it's good to be back - though I feel like the whole equipment game has changed even. In the short time I was away from the forum!

Looks like Paddy is making some changes in his bag for this year...and he's going Game Improvement...

#WITB for Paddy in 2016:

• D200 17° Hybrid

• F5 5-9, PW

• PMP 52°

• V4 4 Utility Iron

• Infinite Southside Putter pic.twitter.com/qjPQTNGgPk

— Wilson Golf (@WilsonGolf) February 10, 2016

What do you think of Padraig's weapons?

Did he give up on his long game?

The F5's look awesome. Would love to game some Wilson Staff again. Best feeling irons I've ever hit.

I could game that bag all day. I'm guessing the missing wedges and driver are other brands?

I could game that bag all day. I'm guessing the missing wedges and driver are other brands?

He had a Taylormade m1 driver the other day

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I sure hope these work for him.  Such a great guy and wonderful player.  Truly was a pleasure watching him win majors in 2007, 2008.

Maybe this will also be a feather in the cap for the perennially underrated wilson irons too!

• Like 1