fozcycle

Paint it Black!

I saw this - wishing I had procrastinated a year before buying the King! Might have to ship mine to Continental over the winter and have mine murdered out!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

You can do that?  let me know details please.

www.continentalgolf.net

Check 'em out - they do some fantastic work, and very affordable!

Thanks, they have a great website......will prob look to them in the near future.

Interesting for sure. Kind of like it actually.

One thing about posts made by Foz is that he includes lot's of pictures usually. Nice.

• Like 1

Interesting for sure. Kind of like it actually.

One thing about posts made by Foz is that he includes lot's of pictures usually. Nice.

You know "they say"......."A picture is worth a thousand words."........a 1911 quote from England.

That head would look amazing with a Project X HZRDUS Black shaft. Might be worth it to buy it with that shaft, even if it's not right for your game, just so you can have the coolest looking blacked out driver on the market. :)

Funny how when Cobra and Nike relaunch with a black head it's awesome.  When TMaG did it we all crucified them.

I agree though the black looks nice, and at least they included the Connect feature so it's not just a paint makeover.

• Like 1

I'm always up for simple - my putters and irons are simple black paint fill, bag is black, head covers are black leather, etc.

I tried the m1 and m2 - couldn't stand the white thing across the top... if they do that series in all black, maybe I'll give them another look.

Talked to continental golf today and for $50 plus shipping they will matte black my m1 driver . Would post a pic but it's from golf wrx ..that would be a sin to post here.

• Like 2

Talked to continental golf today and for $50 plus shipping they will matte black my m1 driver . Would post a pic but it's from golf wrx ..that would be a sin to post here.

It's not against any of the forum rules to post it

No, but out of respect for the mgs guys and their deadly site I ain't gonna post photos that say golf wrx on them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    mcooper6565

• By rattlergolfer
      ACCRA Shaft Cobra Tip 42.25 inches - NEW GRIP $75 OBO
      ACCRA Shaft DEMO - Fx260 M4 DYMTEC Cobra Tip NEW GRIP 42.25 inches - $75 OBO
      Kuro Kage Shaft 60g Stiff ST 65 Tour Z M4 43.25 Inches Cobra Tip NEW GRIP $75 OBO

• By GregT
      Hi all,
      Mixed bag of goodies coming at you from Canada!
      Driver:  Cobra Biocell (set at 12º)
      Cobra Baffler Hybrid - 18º
      Mizuno MP-18SC irons (3-PW)
      Cobra Tour Trusty Wedges (52º and 58º)
      Odyssey White Hot Pro CS7 putter
      TaylorMade TP5x ball
      Still got room for one more club - demoing 3/4 woods at the moment, but I also tend to switch my wedge configuration to a 50/54/58 from my current 52/58 ... depends on the course.

Cheers to a new season! 😄
    • By Thin2win
      Hello all. I've been helping my wife get fit for a driver this year, it has been an interesting experience. But one that I think could benefit many others as well. Her driver swing speed is normally about 70mph, trying to find a driver that has enough loft for her to get better numbers than just hitting a 3 wood has been hard. 

But today we found an incredible winner, and massive value. A driver that many of you have probably read up on or watched Rick Shiels gush over. The Cobra F9. 
      Why was this club so amazing for her? Well, a couple reasons. First, she is 5'1", and with her swing speed, loft and backspin are huge helps. Cobra offers the F9 with a head that goes up to 14* of loft, that was 2 more degrees than her previous game. That got her launch angle up and increased her spin for 30 more yards of carry. The second reason and why this club is a massive value. The Cobra Jr program. 
      We got her the Jr's version of the F9. Same exact head(only available in the 12.5 loft head), but comes with a junior length and flex shaft. Which as it turns out, is basically prefect for her height and swing speed. The real icing on the cake is that for the next 2 years, if she ever wants a new shaft cobra will give a free 1 time upgrade to any shaft in their stock lineup. Their thinking is a junior golfer will increase club speed over two years and will need a new shaft, so they include one. So if she does want a new shaft of full length, she gets one for free. 
      To top it all off... It is $100 less than their current list price of the regular F9. $349.00, all day every day. 
      So if you are looking for a driver that has a loft setting up to 14, don't buy the regular F9, buy the Jr version and use your free shaft upgrade. 
      This is amazing in my book. That is basically $200 less than most of the other offerings out there. 

• By nate_fuge
      Driver: Mizuno GT 180 (10.5°, Kuru Kage Silver Series X Flex)
      Fairway Wood: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour (15° Kuru Kage S Flex, sometimes 17°)
      Driving Iron: Titleist 716 TMB 2 iron (KBS C Taper Lite X Flex)
      Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Pro Irons (4-PW, Dynamic Gold S-300)
      Wedges: Callaway X Forged (54°, 58°, Project X) Titleist Vokey (64°,) 
      Putter: Nike Method 001 (34 inch, Ping Blackout)
      Ball: Taylormade TP5x
    • By aburtonky
      Alright, so after playing for 25ish years, I finally got fit for clubs. I’m 32 years old. I don’t have the shaft information on me at the moment, but I hope you find it interesting nonetheless. 
      Driver: Wilson C300 Stiff Flex 9 degrees, but I’ve got it adjusted to 10
      Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 Regular Flex 5-6 wood. It’s set to 18.5 degrees
      Irons: Wilson Staff D7 Regular Flex 5-GW
      Wedges: Cleveland CBX 52, 56, 60
      Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No.3
      Ball: Cut Grey
      So I consider myself a middle handicapper. I can easily shoot low to mid 80’s. However, I recently was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in my back. So in order to extend my playing time I’ve taken quite a bit off my swing. Because I’m still adjusting to a new swing, I wanted clubs much more forgiving but I wouldn’t lose too much distance. The brand new D7 irons have offered me the best combination of long distance and good accuracy. I know their lofts are jacked but since I slowed my swing, I technically haven’t lost any distance off the iron number. I have the same philosophy with the wedges. My fitter handed me the CBX wedges and I was blown away by how consistently I was hitting them the same distances. As little as I’m getting to play, once a month, I’m not looking to shape too many shots, I just want to go straight. I’m always kinda an underdog guy so you’ll pretty much never find anything Taylormade/Callaway/Ping/Titleist in my bag. I can’t stand the elitist attitude in golf that knocks statistically proven great clubs because they’re not made by a big 4 OEM. My favorite club in the bag is the Tommy Armour putter. I hit hundreds of puts that day and it even blew away the Evnroll for me. I’m not a tall guy either, barely 5’7”, so everything is shaved down 1/4 of an inch to 1/2 an inch. You’ll notice I only have 13 clubs. I’m very satisfied with my 5 wood and 5 iron as my long clubs so I’m considering adding a PM Grind 64 degree wedge for lobs once the new model comes out in February (I know it’s made by Callaway lol). Let me know what y’all think!

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!