Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Bloodline Putters

McaseyM

Howdy everyone,

I came across this new putter company named Bloodline Putters, started by Brad Adams who was at Odyssey and Larry Bischmann who worked for Taylormade and later helped develop the Diamana shafts.

Anywho, looks very interesting, stands itself up so you stand behind the putter to align better, uses a graphite shaft and has a super fat butt end so you grip the shaft versus a grip.

All specs included in the pics, and yes, it has horizontal grooves.

Whatcha think?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Wow!  $500 is steep for a new entry line.  I hope it works out for them. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I'd have to spend some serious time with it to let go that many coins

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Seems like they built some pretty slick ideas into this design. I'm intrigued.

Does anybody remember the grip-less driver Arnold Palmer released in the 90s?

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

I'd have to spend some serious time with it to let go that many coins

Yeah, pricing is very high. I thought Evnroll putters were a bit pricey but these blow that away for something that's not custom

Short & Crooked

Please excuse mobile platform typos.

I had a friend who had a putter that stood up like this one so he could get behind it to align his putts.  He was one of those who was always was changing putters so in some 200 or so rounds together I only saw him use it twice.  Like they say, everything old is new again. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Dave Billings (machine/dlr) and the dude that makes Fussell putters are involved in this as well. I was in the workshop when they decided on the name "bloodline".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: TM%20LOGO1_zpsiu5rjvgi.png Burner Superfast TP 9* Fuji TS Evolution II Speeder; X-Flex

3 Wood: PingLogo1_zps9tkzkolg.gif G Series 15* Tour 75g; S-Flex

Irons: callaway-logo1_zpshbc6azir.png2016 APEX MB 3-PW; KBS Tour; S-Flex; 1/2" Long, 1* upright 

Wedges: Vokey-Design-Wedges1_zpsf6xkz8xp.png 50* 54* 58* SM5, K Grind 

Putter: betti%20loho1_zpszxuq88tc.png Bettinardi SS9 DASS Prototype/Hexperimental

You can get a Bridgestone True Balance putter that stands up like that for maybe $75 nowadays. 

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Interesting...$500 is a little steep.  Is there a grip on this thing?

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

This was bugging me so I decided to do some digging.

Behold the grip-less "Arnold Palmer PHD Extreme GL".

Gripless Head.jpg

That's right, no grip, just a very fat shaft.

Gripless 1.jpg

And for those of you worried about the "grip" end getting beat up in the bottom of your bag, a head cover that protects the entire club.

Gripless Cover.jpg

I would give just about anything to spend an afternoon in the King's workshop marveling at the thousands of club ideas he tinkered with over the years.

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

☝️ nice find

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this at the PGA show and hit some putts with it. 

1.  There is a grip on one model (not the model shown above).  The grip is super thin but the shaft is around 1" diameter.  It feels really good and has a nice response when striking the putt.   

2.  The shaft is pretty interesting also and lightweight.  

3.  The putter does stand up by itself but it setups very square.  I have a Scotty (fastback 1.5) that sits open and an Odyssey (#5) that sits closed so very welcoming to see a square putter at address.  

4.  It came in a nice box that had components so you can change out the hosel and also adjust it with some tools.  

5.  Yes the bridgestone stands up also but it feels and looks very different.  

6.  You are correct about one of the guys who was at the start of Odyssey at age 24 but you left out that his dad started a small golf company called TaylorMade.  The other guy did develop the Diamana shaft.  I think these guys know what their doing just from their history in the industry.  

7.  They have one model that is not shown that I also liked the look.  It looked like a fat answer style head.  

Will be interesting to see what happens.  I know the golfers at the show that tried it also had some positive feedback.  Yes it looks gimmicky but they rolled in some putts.  

1. There is a grip on one model (not the model shown above). The grip is super thin but the shaft is around 1" diameter. It feels really good and has a nice response when striking the putt.

2. The shaft is pretty interesting also and lightweight.

3. The putter does stand up by itself but it setups very square. I have a Scotty (fastback 1.5) that sits open and an Odyssey (#5) that sits closed so very welcoming to see a square putter at address.

4. It came in a nice box that had components so you can change out the hosel and also adjust it with some tools.

5. Yes the bridgestone stands up also but it feels and looks very different.

6. You are correct about one of the guys who was at the start of Odyssey at age 24 but you left out that his dad started a small golf company called TaylorMade. The other guy did develop the Diamana shaft. I think these guys know what their doing just from their history in the industry.

7. They have one model that is not shown that I also liked the look. It looked like a fat answer style head.

Will be interesting to see what happens. I know the golfers at the show that tried it also had some positive feedback. Yes it looks gimmicky but they rolled in some putts.

Thanks for the updated info! I read over the bio info on the website, but didn't know/realize the TaylorMade connection. Also looking forward to seeing what happens with these guys.

1.  There is a grip on one model (not the model shown above).  The grip is super thin but the shaft is around 1" diameter.  It feels really good and has a nice response when striking the putt.   

2.  The shaft is pretty interesting also and lightweight.  

3.  The putter does stand up by itself but it setups very square.  I have a Scotty (fastback 1.5) that sits open and an Odyssey (#5) that sits closed so very welcoming to see a square putter at address.  

4.  It came in a nice box that had components so you can change out the hosel and also adjust it with some tools.  

5.  Yes the bridgestone stands up also but it feels and looks very different.  

6.  You are correct about one of the guys who was at the start of Odyssey at age 24 but you left out that his dad started a small golf company called TaylorMade.  The other guy did develop the Diamana shaft.  I think these guys know what their doing just from their history in the industry.  

7.  They have one model that is not shown that I also liked the look.  It looked like a fat answer style head.  

Will be interesting to see what happens.  I know the golfers at the show that tried it also had some positive feedback.  Yes it looks gimmicky but they rolled in some putts.  

There is no amount of positives or innovation that will sell this putter at a $500 price tag. 

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

There is no amount of positives or innovation that will sell this putter at a $500 price tag. 

People said the same thing about drivers.  I guess everyone has a price point.  However at the PGA show they said these are their Tour Line putters at $500.  I think they are coming out with a less expensive line in the future.  

People said the same thing about drivers. I guess everyone has a price point. However at the PGA show they said these are their Tour Line putters at $500. I think they are coming out with a less expensive line in the future.

The advent of the super stroke probably makes the "gripless" concept sound crazy to a lot of folks but I can see value in this innovation. Fatso grips being marketed as a yip tamers make no mention of the fact they basically dampen all feel from the putter head. The unadulterated feedback with this bloodline concept has to be off the charts. This probably isn't the right look for folks that start locking up over 4 footers but your buddy that has the hands of a surgeon would probably be all over this. The long and short; a precise instrument for putting artists and a tool of terror for the already knock kneed. Seems to me this crew could charge whatever they want to guys on a feel hunt.

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

I saw a few pics of these at the Honda Classic practice rounds. At least they are out their grinding, trying to put the sticks in peoples hands.

• 3 months later...

I think Ernie Els is using a Bloodline putter this week at Erin Hills.

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

I think Ernie Els is using a Bloodline putter this week at Erin Hills.

Not to argue but I thought it was one of those red TM putters but I may be wrong from what I saw whatever it is  he seems to be putting pretty good with it

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Not to argue but I thought it was one of those red TM putters but I may be wrong from what I saw whatever it is  he seems to be putting pretty good with it

It wasn't working for Jason Day.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I did get a look yesterday late and low key is correct it is a Bloodline putter so I stand corrected

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

It wasn't working for Jason Day.

And that black one was not working for DJ either--- Gotta give DJ the credit for the old school try to make the cut though on 18 flew a 3 wood in the air some 275 yards beside the pin trying to make an Albatross! Darn great shot 

G

That must be what Ernie Els is gaming.......@ US Open

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

This looks incredible! I can only imagine the feedback this putter gives without a grip.It would be interesting to test an aluminum head and a stainless head on a grip-less shaft to see which metal gives the most feedback/feel. MGS should do blind test on aluminum vs steel putter heads of the same design.

:ping-small: G30 lstec 9*, Veylix Rome 7ra , X-Stiff,

:adams-small: Speedline Super S 15* Matrix Radix X-stiff

:ping-small: G2, 3-PW, X100

:ping-small: M/B 52* SS, 56* SS

:cleveland-small: 588 60*

:scotty-small: Futura Phantom II

• 8 months later...

Looks like Ernie Els is rolling the Bloodline R1-J this week at Bayhill.

Also... #ThrowbackThursdays

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

He is also an Investor in the company

Looks like Ernie Els is rolling the Bloodline R1-J this week at Bayhill.

Also... #ThrowbackThursdays

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

This was bugging me so I decided to do some digging.

Behold the grip-less "Arnold Palmer PHD Extreme GL".

attachicon.gifGripless Head.jpg

That's right, no grip, just a very fat shaft.

attachicon.gifGripless 1.jpg

And for those of you worried about the "grip" end getting beat up in the bottom of your bag, a head cover that protects the entire club.

attachicon.gifGripless Cover.jpg

I would give just about anything to spend an afternoon in the King's workshop marveling at the thousands of club ideas he tinkered with over the years.

Was it AJ Tech that made the shaft?  didnt have that club but tried a gripless shaft, forget what head I had it on though.

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

Archived