Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Titleist / Golf Galaxy -----------Customer Svce or Lack thereof!

KB McCool

I bought a new $500+ Titleist 917 D2 Driver on 10//28/16.  I have used it through the winter and also a few weeks ago purchased an New Callaway Epic for my second set of clubs from Golf Galaxy.. Today I was out playing a round with the Titleist and decided to adjust the head... I took out their trusty torque wrench and turned it.....much to my dismay I snapped the bolt that holds the head on in two pieces. I called Golf Galaxy in Indianapolis and they said bring it on in so they could see if they can fix it.  So I drive 25 freakin miles one way.. and they said they don't have any extra bolts to replace the one I had that was broken.. They said that they could turn in the Driver as a warrantee but they didn't have a 12 degree hd to replace it with.. then they said they could replace the whole club as a defective item and give me a Epic............. then after 1.5 hours they said they had to send the defective club to Titleist  so they could inspect the defect.???????????? WTF is wrong with this picture??? Doesn't Titleist "trust" their representatives enough to make this judgement call??  A bolt broke, they had no replacement etc.. 

Now I will be without a new driver not because of anything I did wrong.. for at least 3 freakin weeks.. I am done with Golf Galaxy and Titleist forever.. 

This whole mess could have been handled IF they had a few extra bolts in stock (no more than $4 cost) or if Titleist would have had the courtesy to trust their vendor Golf Galaxy.. BUT NOOOO ..... they must have a stinkin bolt in their facility to inspect in order to replace.. 

In defense of Golf Galaxy they did offer to give me a loaner for a few weeks but that would mean I would have to drive another 50 mile trip to return it.. 

I looked at both of my go to places for replacement components and neither has the adaptor with the bolt. You could try a hardware store but I am not sure you'll find what you need. But you never know. I looked at both golfworks and Hireko.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

My problem is that because a dealer didn't have the sense to have at least one replacement bolt and because the mfg doesn't trust it's dealers opinion I have to wait 3 to 4 weeks to get my driver back... for a small little bolt??? 

Pretty normal. You bring the damaged club into the authorized retailer and they send it to the manufacturer for you or you contact the manufacturer directly.

This goes for golf goods or other products as well

Pretty much the same process for all major OEMs. Callaway is one of the few that even let the consumer sent in warranty issues directly. I have used the Titleist warranty department a few times and they have been great.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

This may come from my dirt track racing days and hot rodding days but I keep spare parts. When I had a custom Hathaway driver (which they do not make any more) it was my first adjustable driver. Now a friend of mine was a dealer so I ordered a couple adaptors and screws. Now when I got my Titleist 915 I went ahead and did the same thing. I got my GM to order it for me from Titleist. Now tonight I have been looking on the net because I just got a Homna G1X driver and it uses a system like none else. I am probably going to order the bushing screw and extender for it and both screws.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Just curious, why didn't you ask if they had the bolt when you called them before driving over there?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Also...They offered to fix it, offered to replace it, offered to let you swap to a new driver and offered a loaner.  How is that bad customer service?  Yeah I get it sucks they happened to be out of stock, but it sounds like they went out of their way to satisfy the customer and because it's not your next door neighbor you are bashing them.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Also...They offered to fix it, offered to replace it, offered to let you swap to a new driver and offered a loaner. How is that bad customer service? Yeah I get it sucks they happened to be out of stock, but it sounds like they went out of their way to satisfy the customer and because it's not your next door neighbor you are bashing them.

And this is EXACTLY what is wrong with today's customer. They expect a store to bend over backwards twice for them no matter the situation.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Agree the experience is troublesome, but GG tried to resolve it.

KB you said you bought an Epic for your second set. So why not play it till the Titleist is fixed?

Gonna have to side with the store on this one.

Good luck with it.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

In response to one person... I did call them first and they said they didn't know if they had an extra bolt and I would have to drive 25 miles to find out.... and they didn't have it in stock... 

In response to one person... I did call them first and they said they didn't know if they had an extra bolt and I would have to drive 25 miles to find out.... and they didn't have it in stock...

So you're basically complaining about that, but you would have had to gone their anyway to drop yourself club off for them to ship to Titleist... so....

Yea. The store offered to do a ton for you. Its not GG fault your bolt broke. They tried to stand by the product they sold you just didnt have any of your spec in stock. If I were GG I wouldnt keep the bolts in stock either because they dont expect that kind of stuff to happen and when it does happen Titleist fixes it. Why would the keep stock of bolts for every manufacturer. They followed protocol and are just doing what Titleist tells them to do. Your anger should be directed towards Titleist. They are requiring the head be sent back and the are the ones that made a product that the bolt broke off of.

Its like being mad a lowes when your kenmore washer goes out. Except lowes offer you a replacement of another washer thats a different brand of same quality. then says you can use our demo washer for 3 weeks. 

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Tm and Adams have the best warrantys. They will replace on the spot where I'm from. Even if you bought it second hand. Guy I know destroyed his sldr driver and they replaced it with a new m1. They are the most reliable in my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

And this is EXACTLY what is wrong with today's customer. They expect a store to bend over backwards twice for them no matter the situation.

AND one of the main reasons I got out of retail 6 years ago...I'm sure the same is true for you.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

... I did the same thing with my SLDR and PGA Super Store didn't have any bolts either. They gave me a loaner and TM shipped a new one. It was the wrong bolt so TM/SS replaced my SLDR with a new one. I agree with most posters that GG bent over backwards to try and please a customer. 

... If the OP wants to blame someone, make it the dishonest people that try to pull a fast one on OEM's and get a replacement for dropping a club on a cart path or slamming to into a tee marker or a thousand other ways they break a club and expect the OEM to just replace it sight unseen. I certainly don't blame Titleist for wanting to make sure it is a warranty issue. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I had a nice phone call from the manager at Golf Galaxy as he was not there when all this happened and he was extremely nice to me and said he will follow through with all this and I feel he was very sincere and thanked him for his efforts on my behalf.  He said he will get back with me on a more expedient method of solving my problem.. 

I just received a call from Ryan the Mgr of Golf Galaxy and he said that he will take care of me with a Callaway so I don't have to mess with Titleist on this.. and I told him he went above and beyond great service for me on this.. I am very grateful the manager saw my side of the story and was so kind and helpful in this situation.. 

Agree the experience is troublesome, but GG tried to resolve it.

KB you said you bought an Epic for your second set. So why not play it till the Titleist is fixed?

Gonna have to side with the store on this one.

Good luck with it.

Tazz

Funny thing you mentioned the Epic--- My running partner Bear just bought one and I was looking at it closely Monday. I swear it looks just like the one in my 915. We have not got around to testing that theory-----yet

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived