Sign in to follow this  
Joshgolfs

Hosting Charity Golf Tournament

Hey guys/gals!

I'm a High School Basketball coach that also loves to golf.  Fundraising for public school sports is always a giant pain, so I'm hoping to get a large chunk of it done in starting an annual golf tournament to raise funds for our program.  I live in the Bay Area of California, so while green fees can be quite high, we also have some high income folks to target.

I'm looking for some advice in how to set up and run a successful golf event.  I'm currently planning on running the tournament in late September, so I have a little bit of time to plan, but according to my research that's not much.  Has anyone run something like this before?  How about playing in an event like this before?  I'd love any insights you may have in how to attract players and sponsors, how to make the event fun for everyone!

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hello my hat is off to you're efforts. 

I do remember a group doing the same asking The 1st Tee for assistance, not sure if they are in your area.

Once again, thanks for your efforts

10shot

Start earlier than you think you need to, get as many people involved from the start, by this I mean do not try and do everything by yourself, assign and split up tasks, door to door for as many businesses you can get to.  Once you get solicitation letters put together it up as many places that you can think of. 

• Like 1

I'll definitely check with The 1st Tee, that's a great idea I hadn't though of.

And I'm totally going to have to work on getting other people involved.  Which means getting organized, which means... I better start like yesterday!

Thanks!

just because you dont get an answer from someone on the first try dont give up. Keep hounding people to sponsor!

Shoot me your email via PM.   This is what I do for a living, and I'd be happy to help you out with any advice that you'd like.  

• Like 2