Frknglfnut

Just back from heaven, umm, I mean Bandon Dunes

Day 1, Bandon Trails blew my foursome away. Incredible design and condition. Shot 79. Spent two hours after the round at the PunchBowl putting course with adult beverages

Day 2, Old Macdonald was the course I most looked forward to and the golf gods smiled on me, four birdies including two near aces on the par 3’s led to a 75 that included a 25 footer on 18 that I walked in! Played the par 3 course, The Preserve which is beautiful and challenging

Day 3, Bandon Dunes, the most fun to play of the four. Spectacular views shot 78. Was invited by our caddie to play nearby Bandon Crossings (the caddies all go there to play after their loops) managed a 77 and ended the day at the Arcade bar for dinner and drinks

Day 4, Pacific Dunes was far and away the toughest and also most scenic design, wind was up but so was my short game, 23 putts led to a 73

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Awesome scores on some awesome courses.

1 hour ago, Frknglfnut said:

Day 1, Bandon Trails blew my foursome away. Incredible design and condition. Shot 79. Spent two hours after the round at the PunchBowl putting course with adult beverages

Day 2, Old Macdonald was the course I most looked forward to and the golf gods smiled on me, four birdies including two near aces on the par 3’s led to a 75 that included a 25 footer on 18 that I walked in! Played the par 3 course, The Preserve which is beautiful and challenging

Day 3, Bandon Dunes, the most fun to play of the four. Spectacular views shot 78. Was invited by our caddie to play nearby Bandon Crossings (the caddies all go there to play after their loops) managed a 77 and ended the day at the Arcade bar for dinner and drinks

Day 4, Pacific Dunes was far and away the toughest and also most scenic design, wind was up but so was my short game, 23 putts led to a 73

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, but mostly useless without a bunch of pictures! 😋

My wife just told me the other day that she wants me to go on a bucket-list trip for my 50th birthday (coming in January of 2021).  I think Bandon is going to be the place.  The only problem is that I really want to take my dad, who will be in his mid-70s by then, and I doubt he can handle all the walking.  

• Like 2

Simply spectacular photos. Hearing you talk about the trip it sounds just like a Pinehurst experience. Elite par three course. An adult beverage friendly putting course and of course world class golf. Great scoring btw.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 6:56 PM, Frknglfnut said:

Here you go!

9BA2C201-593D-488C-A82C-79C510D17079.jpeg

How in the heck did you manage to get "Beef" and Shane Lowry to caddy for your group... well played 👏.  

• Like 1

I’ve got (6) tee times booked for the second week in May next year.

I’ll be staying on property and using ShipSticks for my wrenches.

What are some other Bandon trip tips you’d be willing to share, @Frknglfnut?

Edit: Bandon Trails looks absolutely amazing. And 23 putts at Pacific Dunes is rolling your potato really nice!

• Like 2

It seems posts here regarding traveling to play golf get dropped like hot potatoes...Best advise for Bandon is do all your golfing before hand walking. Get in shape. It's nice to know each round gets cheaper by the day...but in the wind and walking...your energy gets zapped.  Really only one good restaurant off premises Alloro. A couple ok seafood places. The resort is special and you are pretty much a captive. Going in May is nice. I'd have waited a little to play Sheep Ranch. I've been when they had 2 then 3 then 4. I need to plan a trip in future to play Sheep Ranch. Next summer is apt in St Andrews for 10 days, maybe 2021. There is no other place you can go and play 4 courses in the US Top 100...Enjoy Bandon  the best in the US.  

• Like 1