Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golf Digest

Sandy Koufax

I subscribed to Golf Digest using a free offer that came with Tiger Woods Golf 2010 for ps2. Just when it was about to run out (something GD began alerting me to, oh, about two months into my subscription) I saw another free offer on facebook, from Golf Pride. So I filled that free offer out, and now I'm a subscriber through December. Yesterday my roommate bought Tiger Woods Golf 2012: The Masters for ps3, and you guessed it, it comes with a free subscription. He's letting me sign up for it since we don't need 2 copies coming every month, so I guess I'm now a subscriber up through December 2012.

It's not even that I like the magazine that much, but it's so easy to get for free, even if I just page through it once and read a 3rd of it I feel it's worth it.

Is there another magazine in America being given away for free so readily? Do you figure GD makes enough money from ad revenue to keep this up for much longer? Is anyone out there actually paying for a subscription to GD?

The Germans are only dead, when the coffin is nailed shut

I don't think I've ever payed for a subscription. The golf stuff at Target usually offers a free year, as do spikes and, of course, Tiger Woods '12. Crazy. On another note, I get ESPN magazine without ever ordering it. For some reason they just keep sending it.

I paid $10 on a special offer they had a few years ago (I had been a faithful buyer for about 3 years previous). Was about halfway through my subscription when I got into it with that Mike Stachura. I wrote the editor, asked them to cancel my subscription, which they wouldn't do. So, I let it run out. Even after blasting both Stachura for being a horse's @ss and Carney (the editor) for sticking up for him, they STILL send me offers... and there's no way to stop them. I've sent the "postcards" back with stuff like "please don't bother me" to no avail; emailing everyone- including all the little buttons at the bottom of the site like customer service and technical support, and they still send me offers. So, don't expect it to stop.

I paid $10 on a special offer they had a few years ago (I had been a faithful buyer for about 3 years previous). Was about halfway through my subscription when I got into it with that Mike Stachura. I wrote the editor, asked them to cancel my subscription, which they wouldn't do. So, I let it run out. Even after blasting both Stachura for being a horse's @ss and Carney (the editor) for sticking up for him, they STILL send me offers... and there's no way to stop them. I've sent the "postcards" back with stuff like "please don't bother me" to no avail; emailing everyone- including all the little buttons at the bottom of the site like customer service and technical support, and they still send me offers. So, don't expect it to stop.

you could just sue them for spam :D

that works wonders in Europe

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I got it free on some kind of deal for playing some course here. they sent me one copy and then sent me the notice saying that if I wanted to continue I would have to pay xx amount. I sent the card back to cancle it. They sent me several notices and I finally wrote them a nasty letter threatning to notify their ad customers if they did not stop of their deceptive practices. I never got another notice.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I got it free on some kind of deal for playing some course here. they sent me one copy and then sent me the notice saying that if I wanted to continue I would have to pay xx amount. I sent the card back to cancle it. They sent me several notices and I finally wrote them a nasty letter threatning to notify their ad customers if they did not stop of their deceptive practices. I never got another notice.

Very interesting... The lawsuit thing is sound, Steven, but here it'd just take up taxpayer's time for something that should be open-and-shut. Big Stu's idea seems less messy... and more fun! :D

Well, don't have to go that far into a lawsuit... just write to them about how they'll hear from your lawyer if they don't stop their unsolicited mail... just like Big Stu, it should scare them off.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Well, don't have to go that far into a lawsuit... just write to them about how they'll hear from your lawyer if they don't stop their unsolicited mail... just like Big Stu, it should scare them off.

Oooohhh... now I get it. I'm going to blame it on how late it was when I responded to it. LOL... no, I couldn't do that. That's worthy of a facepalm.

I still get it every month even though my subscription expired 11 months ago. Got no charges any where for the continued service, and every issue say's it's my last!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I still get it every month even though my subscription expired 11 months ago. Got no charges any where for the continued service, and every issue say's it's my last!

After what happened to me and from what I have read on here from other members I have come to a conclusion---- that someone at Golf Digest must have a serious drug problem

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

After what happened to me and from what I have read on here from other members I have come to a conclusion---- that someone at Golf Digest must have a serious drug problem

It must be some good Gold stuff.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Archived