Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

For TV Interview - Have you ever purchased counterfeit clubs?

• SPY VIP

I was contacted this morning by a major TV outlet looking to do a story about counterfeit clubs. They want to interview me and a couple golfers I know who have purchased counterfeit clubs before.

If you have had this happen to you before and are interested in being interviewed please message me at [email protected]. Please include the following:

Name:

Email Address:

Phone Number:

#TruthDigest

Sorry it's never happend to me "Knock on wood". But I've seen plenty of stories about people who've been duped. It would be nice to see this come to mainstrean TV and maybe shed a little more light on something that seems to be exploding as an industry!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

Actually 20/20 did a story on it years ago which was good...but nothing changed in regards to how much it goes on.

We will see where this one goes...gave her a handful of people to interview and she is trying to have someone fly here to interview me as well. Supposed to be for a major TV outlets...but never know. Let you know more when I find out.

#TruthDigest

They did a story on it in Japan in Golf Digest last year. I've never bought any because I'm careful and ask for tons of pics. The only thing I've ever bought that was fake was a Scotty Studio Select cover in which the seller sent me pics of a real one and shipped a fake one, when it was obvious I knew what to look for such as the AM&E tag. Reported it immediately and had my money back that day. He even told me to keep it. So I cut it apart and showed the differences in real and fake ones.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I have used them twice, to my knowledge. The first time I purposely bought the counterfeit and had no beef with the seller because I knew it was counterfeit when I bought the set and paid a counterfeit price. The second time I was fooled by the seller and went back to the shop and promised mayhem to the owner and the shop if I didn't get my money back. I got my money back.

In both cases the clubs were very very difficult to use and under performed tremendously. However, as they looked like the real thing, I actually worked with them for some time before finally giving up on them.

Counterfeits are only interested in looking the part and any performance that comes out of them is accidental.

Shambles

Archived