Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PXG 0211 Irons Inbound

LittleWalter

1 hour ago, Narkolepse said:

I feel like I owe you answers to these now 🙂

Do I think the clubs I was playing helps me play my best golf? No.

Do I really care? YES. I haven't been able to afford much besides knockoffs and hand me downs or used equipment. These irons are only my second really nice addition to the bag after my putter, which has been a HUGE improvement.

Do I need to be educated on how to get fit for a set of irons? Yes, kind of. This fitting with PXG basically confirmed my previous fitting from a pro golf discount sucked. I'm still a little bit unsure if these are the best option for me since the fitting ONLY allowed for PXG irons, but I liked them enough to get them. In the future I think I'd consider something like Club Champion, where PXG is one option of many. I'll likely go there for a driver / woods fitting.

Haven't you seen and read enough about fittings and these irons both here and elsewhere to help you decide whether they'd be right for you? Not really - so much of the info about 0211s is 2+ years old, and they're not really compared to the newer irons very much. Part of the impetus for my original post was driven by how little time I'd spent on research up until that point and looking for quick answers.

Or are you going to rely on the opinion of someone whom you don't know, and who knows nothing about your game to convince you to switch out of those 10 year old Ping knockoffs? No convincing was needed, I know I need to make a change. What it came down to for me was finding something that was very high quality, fit my game, and if for some reason doesn't work out I can re-sell and try again. These clubs fit that bill.

Thanks for the honesty. If you are looking for a real good fitter and come down to portland, I got fitted at the Tour Van at pumpkin ridge and got to try many others alongside the 0211s. I think you will learn to love them. I've had them a few weeks as my very first new set of clubs and they perform well and tell you a lot about your swing.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review