Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ping g410 plus, sft, lst?

I am looking to get a new ping g410 but I’m unsure which to get... I have hit the sft version and it really corrected my occasional fade to a nice straight baby draw. I was just wondering if I should go with this model or stick to the plus or even the lst version and put the weight in the heel for the draw correction? I’m unable to get fit right now due to COVID...

thanks! 

Aj Gee 

I got the G410 Plus last season. After working with the G400 SFT for a year I had my Tee shot pretty darn straight on most every Tee shot. I got the 410 Plus June of 2019. Spent the rest of 2019 and 2020 up to July trying to get a consistent straight Tee shot. Never could get it straight. I even went so far as to use both drivers off the Tee and in each case the 400 was straight and the 410 sliced on me. I got with the Ping guy and tried a 410 SFT head. 5 shots in a row dead straight. I asked why? He told me the 410 Plus has a max a about 5 yard draw with the weight moved over, the SFT has more like 12 to 15 yards. The Ping G410 driver is an awesome club, I sold the 410 Plus head and got a 410 SFT head and haven't looked back. My drives are usually in the fairway, except when I start getting tired then they'll wander off to the left a bit.

If you're hitting the SFT that nice I wouldn't even worry about the Plus. Grab the SFT and run.....

Chris

Edited by LeftyHawk

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

I have a G400 SFT and it is a fairway finder. Long and straight.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I did TrueFit and it came up with a G410 plus for me, I really need to go hit one and see how it works out. My home course usually has demos you can take out on the course but COVID-19 has shut all that down unfortunately

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I have the 410plus: Lst has too little spin/too low ball flight for my swing. I can’t hit a draw like I could with my GBB Epic, but I don’t hit hooks into Narnia either. It takes a truly horrible swing for me to miss the fairway, by far the most forgiving series of drivers I’ve ever hit. You might look at an aftermarket shaft in order to optimize what you have already.
At my CC fitting; the fitter suggested moving the weight so it’s behind where you most likely make contact: ie. in the draw position if you hit closer to the heel, and in the fade position if you tend to favor toe strikes. That way the most forgiving part of the face is where you tend to strike...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I got the G410 Plus last season. After working with the G400 SFT for a year I had my Tee shot pretty darn straight on most every Tee shot. I got the 410 Plus June of 2019. Spent the rest of 2019 and 2020 up to July trying to get a consistent straight Tee shot. Never could get it straight. I even went so far as to use both drivers off the Tee and in each case the 400 was straight and the 410 sliced on me. I got with the Ping guy and tried a 410 SFT head. 5 shots in a row dead straight. I asked why? He told me the 410 Plus has a max a about 5 yard draw with the weight moved over, the SFT has more like 12 to 15 yards. The Ping G410 driver is an awesome club, I sold the 410 Plus head and got a 410 SFT head and haven't looked back. My drives are usually in the fairway, except when I start getting tired then they'll wander off to the left a bit.
If you're hitting the SFT that nice I wouldn't even worry about the Plus. Grab the SFT and run.....
Chris

Funny how people are different.
I tried the SFT and wouldn’t work for me at all. The Plus completely different, all the setting are set in neutral and I get a dead straight ball. Set on Draw it’s a hook, Fade is a slice. I’ve always had a 9-10.5’ driver but w the Plus I have 12’, don’t know why but it works.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

25 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Funny how people are different.
I tried the SFT and wouldn’t work for me at all. The Plus completely different, all the setting are set in neutral and I get a dead straight ball. Set on Draw it’s a hook, Fade is a slice. I’ve always had a 9-10.5’ driver but w the Plus I have 12’, don’t know why but it works.

I like your comments. 

Not to turn this into a hypothetical club fitting session, but your example reminds me of a discussion regarding wedges/sole grind types (C, High bounce/wide, etc) with  a Champions Tour caddie one time at at tournament I was volunteering at. He was a former accomplished player and new a lot about fitting. He explained how one must be on the verge of having or have a very steep aoa to benefit from a wide sole/bounce type wedge (I told him I was thinking about changing wedges-how our discussion started). What clicked for me was he said  my downswing probably needed to be a certain angle/within ~2 deg of being very steep to reap that type sole grind benefit and I should go get fitted. But that conversation kinda opened my eyes to club fitting, why two golfers can be a like in some variables but yet a few other variables are the difference in what works for them. 

Something like that could also be true for a driver. Two golfers fit to same driver / shaft flex  based on swing speed but their AOA's, club face to impact may benefit from a club head with different weighting characteristics (one center weighted COG / the other heel weighted/draw COG). And all the other gazillion variables in play. Thank goodness for demo days and fittings. 🙂

I like your comments. 
Not to turn this into a hypothetical club fitting session, but your example reminds me of a discussion regarding wedges/sole grind types (C, High bounce/wide, etc) with  a Champions Tour caddie one time at at tournament I was volunteering at. He was a former accomplished player and new a lot about fitting. He explained how one must be on the verge of having or have a very steep aoa to benefit from a wide sole/bounce type wedge (I told him I was thinking about changing wedges-how our discussion started). What clicked for me was he said  my downswing probably needed to be a certain angle/within ~2 deg of being very steep to reap that type sole grind benefit and I should go get fitted. But that conversation kinda opened my eyes to club fitting, why two golfers can be a like in some variables but yet a few other variables are the difference in what works for them. 
Something like that could also be true for a driver. Two golfers fit to same driver / shaft flex  based on swing speed but their AOA's, club face to impact may benefit from a club head with different weighting characteristics (one center weighted COG / the other heel weighted/draw COG). And all the other gazillion variables in play. Thank goodness for demo days and fittings. 

Yup, we are all different. I do believe most of us if not all need some type of help, fitting or expert opinion. I know I sure do

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list