Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Speed training experiment: looking for guinea pigs

7 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

A bigger concern is novice golfers who want to swing faster, but confuse swinging harder with swinging faster.

Excellent point.  It's so much more about swing mechanics being improved and making a better movement to the ball.

A great test could be a group doing lessons for increase speed and a more efficient swing versus a group only doing superspeed sticks for that added speed.   Makes me wonder....

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

37 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

I'm envious of you guys with still supple spines, I don't think my back would hold up under an increased swing speed program. While this does appear to be the wave of future of golf training, there is a physiological component to this as well. I believe we are going to see more & more back injuries from the increased torque of swinging faster. A bigger concern is novice golfers who want to swing faster, but confuse swinging harder with swinging faster.

I have a very balky back, L4 & L5 give me lots of problems pinching the discs very often.  My speed stick sessions are not as high quantity or speed intense as they promote, what I do probably helps me with my flexibility more than straight increasing speed muscles.  I am also trying to ingrain a little higher AoA with the speed stick swings so I am not just ripping away there is some swing training going on to.  The weight exercises I do are also more for flexibility & toning than gaining muscle mass.  I think improving my core flexibility will help with a quicker rotation which should translate into faster swing speed.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t say that I’m interested in being a guinea pig as I have too much else going on but I will say that I’ve been doing PT for the past 3 months and slacked off on the overspeed training due to heavy work load and lower leg injury.

I haven’t lost of luck of driver swing speed of the smidge that I gained when I was doing the PT and overspeed stuff together.

I meet with my PT next week because I’m moving into maintenance phase. She’s actually going to switch over from lower back (what my insurance covered) to golf specific stuff - she’s a Titleist certified trainer.

I’m convinced it’s all 3 - we are either limited or capable in all 3 areas - it’s important to work on each one if you wish to maximize and sustain speed gains.

I will look forward to following this thread and add what I observe as I switch PT regiment.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD