Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

This is my first post here so hopefully I am putting it in the right place. I was out playing a round with some friends recently and ended up losing my brand new 52 degree wedge. I have a nasty habit of pulling both my wedge and putter and leaving my wedge behind on the green. I realized I lost it a couple holes down and went back to search with no luck. My current guess is that a group behind us decided to take it for themselves. I know the age old trick of putting your wedge in between yourself and your bag but I still seem to forget my wedges quite often. I was wondering if anyone knows of a product that aims to solve this problem. Do other people have this issue too or is it just me? Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Go to mggolf.com and purchase the labels with your name & tel number.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Not sure there are any alarms or anything out there for left behind clubs....  Just have to develop the habit of leaving something on the green between your cart/bag and the hole.  Without slowing play too much, if you know you are not going to putt the ball from where it is off the green, then leave your putter laying on the green where you are going to eventually have to exit toward your cart.  After you chip onto the green you will need your putter, which having been left on the green in a conspicuous place, and not at your feet, where you aren't going to have to go again, will hopefully prompt you to take the wedge you used over to the spot on the green, and replace the wedge with the putter.  After putting out, again the key will be that your wedge, was placed down where the putter was left, which will hopefully be plainly visible because it is on the way back to the cart, from the hole.  Its mostly about the habit of where you put stuff down around the green.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

I also put my putter headcover with the wedge, it makes it stand out more as the headcover sticks out instead of just the club hiding in the grass. 

:ping-small: Driver: G425 Max 10.5*
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:titelist-small: Hybrid: TS2 23*
:titelist-small: Irons:  6 to GW, T300 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58K
:cameron-small: Putter: 1998 Tei3 Newport Long Neck
:titelist-small: Ball: Yellow Titleist VG3
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag

I Love the Art of Putting!

Also similarly if you have a repair tool, that is the flip open type, you can use it to prop your wedge up on, again like Nateyeight it will help it be propped up off the ground a little, and make it a little more visible to you or your playing partners.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

23 minutes ago, Nateyeight said:

I also put my putter headcover with the wedge, it makes it stand out more as the headcover sticks out instead of just the club hiding in the grass. 

Anytime I walk to green with more than a putter, the headcover is always on it. When I take it off it gets thrown in the pile. Have forgotten clubs on green but as soon as I put putter away I know it. Have never lost a club. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I play with a guy that counts all his clubs when he gets back in the cart from the green....he does out loud every time..drops his putter in the bag....1234567891011121314 and then gets in the cart

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Like others, I always leave wedges between the hole and my bag/cart AND on the green where it’s obvious. The very few times I might have forgotten, someone in the foursome will notice and alert others. And I haven’t know anyone who lost a club that was left behind, most players are good about “lost and found” if you don’t go back after them. I had a buddy leave three clubs behind, but got them at the pro shop lost and found days later.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

They used to make a bag with club count Technology. Cleveland had a bag with it. Basically load your 14 clubs up and push a button to arm the bag. If you take 2 clubs out but only return 1 it sounds the alarm after 10-20 seconds.  Back in 2008 so odds aren’t good but they did make one. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Seems like this would be a great feature for arccos to add... 

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

14 hours ago, myherobobhope said:

Seems like this would be a great feature for arccos to add... 

you know I never thought of that....even if it didn’t notify you when you forgot it it seems like you could do like a “find me phone” type feature when you went back to look for it.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

A buddy of mine is actually working on something like this right now. He's calling it Wedge Saver. I'll post the link to his site if you want to check it out. I don't think he's selling them just yet but I believe you can get on a beta testing list so you can get your hands on it fairly soon. Hopefully this helps! https://www.wedgesaverapp.com

Leave the wedge in between the hole and the cart like you said and if you bring your putter with you leave the headcover right next to the wedge so that it sticks out. No solution besides maybe putting labels with your name and phone number on your clubs.

Edited by stephenmatt
On 4/29/2021 at 3:59 PM, jjy1581 said:

This is my first post here so hopefully I am putting it in the right place. I was out playing a round with some friends recently and ended up losing my brand new 52 degree wedge. I have a nasty habit of pulling both my wedge and putter and leaving my wedge behind on the green. I realized I lost it a couple holes down and went back to search with no luck. My current guess is that a group behind us decided to take it for themselves. I know the age old trick of putting your wedge in between yourself and your bag but I still seem to forget my wedges quite often. I was wondering if anyone knows of a product that aims to solve this problem. Do other people have this issue too or is it just me? Any help is greatly appreciated! 

There are some great suggestions here - I especially like the putter headcover on the wedge - it's easy, low tech and doesn't cost anything. I assume you have labels on your clubs - pinhigh ones are inexpensive and last a long time. 

My wife has a habit of losing or leaving stuff on the course. In the past month she left a wedge on the front - someone playing in back of us found it and took it to the proshop at the turn. She also has a loose fitting Koala bear for her driver -  lost but someone found it and also returned it to the proshop. and that's just for starters - guess the course we played at in Florida has some honest players. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 4/29/2021 at 1:59 PM, jjy1581 said:

First, welcome to MGS.  I too pull my wedge and putter pretty often but am usually very diligent at not leaving my wedge behind.  In fact, I'm often the one pointing to clubs and saying "don't forget your club".  Last summer I was playing in Bozeman and after the threesome I played the front nine left, went to pull my wedge on #10 and... no wedge. Excused myself from the other single that joined me at #10 and headed back to the clubhouse and then back down the course... to #8 where I was pretty certain I'd left it.  Nothing and no one had turned it in when I went back to the clubhouse.  I think one of the threesome grab it thinking it was theirs and headed home.  Left my info at the pro shop but it was never returned.  I bought a new/used one days later as I had to have my wedge... the same one I near gave up on the year before 😆.

When I do drop my wedge, I do so on the green and try to position it between the hole and my path back to the cart. Short of just not dropping clubs around the green, I don't know of a better solution. RFID tags and a tracker app maybe? Last years loss was the first one in nearly 55 years, so I'm not doing too bad. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I try to take only the club I'm going to use. I use a push cart and walk 95% of the time so its not normally an issue. When I do takemore than one, I mske it a purpose yo lay the club(s) on the path other (and I) will use to get back to the carts. It's hard to ignore clubs one has to  step over on the way to the cart. I havent left a club in my memory using this method. I or someone will always pick it up

Edited by JDHolmes

I’ve walked 99% of my rounds since 1992. This isn’t a problem for me. Some pretty clever and creative suggestions though. 

A guy in the clubhouse at my home club Thursday was mad at the world because he lost his cell phone and nobody turned it in.  Accusing members of stealing his phone. Guy was a tool!

Different guy on Friday lost his car keys and couldn’t have been nicer. Admitted his fault in the situation by putting his keys in the front open compartment of the golf cart. Could have bounced out anywhere. Not sure if he ever found them. 

On 4/30/2021 at 12:57 PM, Fred8645 said:

A buddy of mine is actually working on something like this right now. He's calling it Wedge Saver. I'll post the link to his site if you want to check it out. I don't think he's selling them just yet but I believe you can get on a beta testing list so you can get your hands on it fairly soon. Hopefully this helps! https://www.wedgesaverapp.com

Seems like a cool idea. I went ahead and signed up for the beta testing. Hopefully he starts selling them soon and I'll give it a shot!

3 hours ago, jjy1581 said:

Seems like a cool idea. I went ahead and signed up for the beta testing. Hopefully he starts selling them soon and I'll give it a shot!

Interesting set-up for this. You were patient before springing it on us.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

3 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Interesting set-up for this. You were patient before springing it on us.

It’s funny they think doing something like this is better than coming right out and talking about THIER idea. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

On 4/29/2021 at 6:36 PM, silver & black said:

If you take the flag out of the hole, put your wedge across it. It's hard to leave your club behind that way.

This.  It's what some of the guys do.

Someone will have to put the flag back into the cup.  Even if you had forgotten, that someone will notice the wedge laying across the flag stick before picking the flag up.

I often will call out loud for reminder before everyone exit the green.

On 4/29/2021 at 3:59 PM, jjy1581 said:

That sucks about your wedge, we have all been there.  Simple solution is get better, hit more greens in regulation so you don't need to bring your wedge.  haha  On a serious note, I always put my putter cover on top of any club I bring to the green and I place both in a direct line back to the cart. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"