Forum Testing Update

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

To mark off the check list of requested items
Photos bug, all comment photos appear at top of the page- FIXED

Reactions (likes and such) for testers reviews - FIXED so please go like all their reviews!

Signatures - Will show for testers in review at the moment - Partial FIX (honest question do we need them in the actual comment section)

Mentions bug (brings to the bottom of review page not where mention or quote is) - Tested and FIXED

Recent Content - FIXED 

Review Tab/Signup Comment Tab - IN PROGRESS

Testing Opportunities has now been replaced with Tests & Reviews
Screenshot 2021-07-22 21.16.01.png

6 minutes ago, jlukes said:

So are the active testing threads going to be continuations of the sign up threads?  The only reason I ask is some signup threads have pages and pages of banter and it would hard for newcomers to know where the actual testing starts.

Yes it will all be a continuation. What I will look to do is post a hyperlink in the "main post" which will go to the end of the testers announced portion. Also testers can link important posts of theirs under their review section if they have updates they want to share, but don't want to include in their review. Again the testing, introduction, review, unboxing and so on will be under the review tab, which will be nice and easy for them to see. 

Also important to note we are actively looking at fixing the mass amount of photos that appear at the beginning of some of the signups. CC5 may be the exception here where the review will be done in the testing opp thread, but the challenges and so on will likely be in a follow along thread...

• Like 8

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Yes it will all be a continuation. What I will look to do is post a hyperlink in the "main post" which will go to the end of the testers announced portion. Also testers can link important posts of theirs under their review section if they have updates they want to share, but don't want to include in their review. Again the testing, introduction, review, unboxing and so on will be under the review tab, which will be nice and easy for them to see. 

So day to day updates and Q&A will happen in a separate thread from the formal reviews?

• Like 2

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:EVNROLL: ER1v
:titelist-small: ProV1

2 minutes ago, jlukes said:

So day to day updates and Q&A will happen in a separate thread from the formal reviews?

As it stands right now (CC5 being the exception) all testing comments and so on will be in under the testing opportunities and the item in which is being tested. So Voice Caddie for example- Intros, unboxing, testing and final review will be under the review tab of the Voice Caddie Testing Thread. All comments, updates and other will be under the comment tab. 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Is there a way mods could delete or hide posts in the comments section that were made during signup/before the actual testing began? Just trying to think like someone coming to the site to look for forum reviews rather than someone who is an active member that understands all of the nuances of the forum

Certainly something we can look at. The nice thing is the review will be right there and easy to find and read. They won't be hidden at all and very accessible. For the other posts again I would look at putting a hyperlink to page X and that could skip past pages that include signup/testers announced to the beginning of the other parts of testing. 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

58 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Definitely like the reviews being front and center which is great.

However, as someone who has done multiple forum testings over the past few years, the best part about them is the interaction with the community as the testing is happening.  It seems like this new format is going to trivialize that part of the testing.

I can see why you'd be concerned there.  But I think if it's handled like @edingc is working it with the Maxfli Tour ball review he updated the "review" section then had a post in the "comment" section with that info and even expanded on it.  In a way its not much different than having the placeholders at the top for reviewers official posts, its just on a second tab.

I do agree that it might be beneficial to clean up the pre-selection chatter as some of the tests can have a lot of pages there too.  

• Like 9

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Perhaps an approach that could be considered is the tabs approach, tab for Stage 1 sign up, tab for Stage 2 and 3, tab for Stage 4 as discussion during testing, Tab for Stage 5 final reviews.  That way it would be possible to discern what part is being looked at and avoid the scrolling to find what is sought.

My 2 cents.

• Like 8

Verified Hack, 30 handicap 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: O'Donnell Triumph hybrids 10-15-19-27, Ginty Trouble Club

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-P  Spitfire Graphite XL Shafts

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU Looper  

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳      🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

8 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Very well said and what I was trying to get at. The forum reviews just feel like they becoming more article-like and less discussion thread based.

I know there will be a tab for comments and discussion, but if they aren’t showing up in the unread section of someone’s feed without the person having to jump through hoops to add it to their custom feed then there is no doubt that there will be far less eyes on the review and a drop off in back and forth discussion throughout the testing process 

I agree, like you I’ve been a part of several tests and I’m getting ready to do another on the Honma Driver, my favorite part of the testing threads are the interaction with forum members. It always seems that I stumble across a great question that someone asked that I never thought about….the questions and answers are an invaluable part of the testing process, I hate to see them pushed aside.

• Like 9

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

3 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Perhaps an approach that could be considered is the tabs approach, tab for Stage 1 sign up, tab for Stage 2 and 3, tab for Stage 4 as discussion during testing, Tab for Stage 5 final reviews.  That way it would be possible to discern what part is being looked at and avoid the scrolling to find what is sought.

My 2 cents.

This

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

8 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Same. I legitimately thought this testing hadn't started yet. The Titleist testing thread is in the Ball forum, so I've been able to follow that... I think. But like you, and I'm assuming many others, under the new format I had no clue this was ongoing. 

EDITED TO ADD - I went and checked out the Honma testing thread. According to the main screen, the last post was in May. But when I clicked on the thread, there were posts right up through earlier this month. This is very counter intuitive as a reader, and actually has me kind of upset that I've been missing out as a reader, and upset on behalf of the testers who have been missing out on a lot of traffic as @tommc23noted above. I sincerely hope that this new method of presenting testing threads gets reconsidered. I, for one, had no problem with review threads being made a stickies in the appropriate forum.

13 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Honestly I had no idea this testing had started and you guys received the equipment because the thread doesn’t appear in my feed. 

Hell when I tried to actively seek it out right now I went to two incorrect sub forums before I found it - in the Testing Opportunities sub forum. Not in Reviews. Not in Official Reviews. The discussion thread is the continuation of the signup thread in Testing Opportunities.

That’s a problem 

Yea it’s odd I’ve done reviews before and had no troubles getting questions or involvement in the past. This new way to sign up makes sense the reviews being in the same area doesn’t make sense to me. I guess because we may be used to the old way and that it takes searching to find. That’s my biggest complaint about it is you have to search for the threads and the forum has a section that says official threads!!! Why not at least link them to that area so people can still see the threads. We don’t have to have two threads even a link in that area would help.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Honestly I had no idea this testing had started and you guys received the equipment because the thread doesn’t appear in my feed. 

Hell when I tried to actively seek it out right now I went to two incorrect sub forums before I found it - in the Testing Opportunities sub forum. Not in Reviews. Not in Official Reviews. The discussion thread is the continuation of the signup thread in Testing Opportunities.

That’s a problem 

I agree, if the new reviews were listed under Official Reviews, casual readers as well as regulars would be able to find them more easily. The title could be a link that takes you through to the new review section, doesn’t seem to hard

3 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Yea it’s odd I’ve done reviews before and had no troubles getting questions or involvement in the past. This new way to sign up makes sense the reviews being in the same area doesn’t make sense to me. I guess because we may be used to the old way and that it takes searching to find. That’s my biggest complaint about it is you have to search for the threads and the forum has a section that says official threads!!! Why not at least link them to that area so people can still see the threads. We don’t have to have two threads even a link in that area would help.

Snap!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy