Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

AndrewG's Bag

Guns, Cobra S9.1 Driver and 3W, TWS 20 and 23 Degree

4427161680_3c02bab8e9.jpg

Wedges, Mixture of Cobra SZ from the irons and a Vokey 52 and 60.

4427160788_0a64593b0c.jpg

Putter, Odyssey WhiteIce Sabretooth

4426399329_99d25e497b.jpg

Current Handicap (UK)

Current Bag

Cobra S9.1 10.5 + 3W

Cobra SZ 3I-9I, PW, GW

Vokey 52 & 60

Rife 400 Series Half Mallet

I'm loving the putter actually - I've had a bunch of putters in the last year (that how long I've been playing seriously). I started with the 2 ball white steel, but found the steel face insert was too small, and unless you hit it sweetly, it would hit the softer white surround and feel and sound different. Went on to my first blade style, the Mizuno Bettinardi I've just repaired in the DIY section B) Good, and beautiful, but I was finding it difficult to keep the face square.

Finally I tried one of the heavy putters to try and get my hands under control, which it did for a couple of months, but I struggled on longer putts.

Finally got a good deal on the sabertooth, and its absolutely brilliant. I feel more confident over the ball now, and now I actually feel like I'm going to hole sub 12ft putts instead of just aiming to get close enough to finish on the next shot. Probably taken 4 or 5 strokes a round off my scores.

Current Handicap (UK)

Current Bag

Cobra S9.1 10.5 + 3W

Cobra SZ 3I-9I, PW, GW

Vokey 52 & 60

• SPY VIP

Nice looking bag. Pretty solid brand loyalty going, just stops short of the putter. How are you liking the Sabertooth and the new Ice insert?

I'm loving the putter actually - I've had a bunch of putters in the last year (that how long I've been playing seriously). I started with the 2 ball white steel, but found the steel face insert was too small, and unless you hit it sweetly, it would hit the softer white surround and feel and sound different. Went on to my first blade style, the Mizuno Bettinardi I've just repaired in the DIY section ;) Good, and beautiful, but I was finding it difficult to keep the face square.

Finally I tried one of the heavy putters to try and get my hands under control, which it did for a couple of months, but I struggled on longer putts.

Finally got a good deal on the sabertooth, and its absolutely brilliant. I feel more confident over the ball now, and now I actually feel like I'm going to hole sub 12ft putts instead of just aiming to get close enough to finish on the next shot. Probably taken 4 or 5 strokes a round off my scores.

I too love the sabertooth. Did you test the Ice version vs. the original? Do you use the two dots on the top line to align the putt? They seemed too dim to me to use on the ice model vs. the original, but I was indoor at the shop.

Just so you know, it is acceptable golf form to roar after draining the 20 footer with the big kitty putter. :lol:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I have the regular sabertooth, and I hate the way it looks, but after trying about a dozen clubs in the store, I kept going back to it... It seems to stabilize my wobbly hands, and it feels great... and the most important part is that the putts go in...

When I play with people, they always make fun of it, but they 3 putt and I do it in 2... that usually shuts them up...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

I have the regular sabertooth, and I hate the way it looks, but after trying about a dozen clubs in the store, I kept going back to it... It seems to stabilize my wobbly hands, and it feels great... and the most important part is that the putts go in...

When I play with people, they always make fun of it, but they 3 putt and I do it in 2... that usually shuts them up...

It is an excellent stick. You can also find people to refinish it to make it look unique. Rocco did fine with it too.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• 3 weeks later...

Interested to know if you have any distance gap issues with the Cobra to Titleist to Cobra to Titleist wedges? Good looking bag! I have always liked the Cobra drivers... Seems like ball speed is outta this world with them!

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Well - I have the Gap wedge to match the Cobra set too - but swap it out for the 52 Vokey when its dry, or lies are tight. I do get less distance with the Vokey than the equivalent Cobra, but I just make allowances. The 60 is rarely used for full shots, and is mainly for chipping and pitching

Current Handicap (UK)

Current Bag

Cobra S9.1 10.5 + 3W

Cobra SZ 3I-9I, PW, GW

Vokey 52 & 60

Great looking bag. That S9-1 is a sweet driver.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Looks like really low bounce wedges.. pretty common on your side on the pond??

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

AndrewG nice bag...love the wedges they look nice hope they perform for you very well. Also like to welcome you to MGS. Sorry it took so long for me to view you sticks!

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto