Official Cobra Forged Tec Contest-WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Golfspy_CG2

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise
    • I would LOVE to put a set of Cobra Irons in my bag and be the envy of my golfing buddies. These look AWESOME.  Lofts match up with my current set, so I do not anticipate any problem in distance changes.  Hope to drop these in this season and drop thta handicap back to where it used to be (under 5)
  • List your first name/city state (US Only entries)
    • John / Reading, Pa
  • What current irons you're playing
    • Apex 2019
  • Handicap
  • Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.
    • Absolutely

image.png.83bd0cff0fe40c1f58629296968f4b31.png

• Like 2

1. I chose this model because I wanted a forged better players iron that I can shape shots with, but still have a level of forgiveness. 

2. Louis/ Marlton, NJ

3. Wilson staff v4 forged 5-gw

4. 2.8 handicap 

5. Yes!

Screenshot_20220730-052551_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

Forged Tec X offering unrivaled forgiveness with players’ looks

Ned in St Augustine, FL

Callaway Rogue

yes

• Like 1

Driver Callaway Epic Flash

3 Wood Callaway XR16

5 Wood Callaway XR16

Callaway Epic GGB Heaven wood

4 Hybid Callaway XR16

Callaway Rogue 5 – PW irons

Cleveland Soft

I went with the Forged Tec Irons for the Players Iron look, but all the hidden tech and forgiveness under the hood.  Unfortunately, we all grow older, and now I need some extra help getting the launch numbers I want however, I still want a great looking players iron that instills confidence and allows the workability I like but, has a bigger sweet spot due to all the technology.  It looks like the Forged Tec is that!

Meridian, MS

4i - Cobra Forged Tec Driving Iron w/ Stock Stiff Graphite Shaft

5-Pw - PXG 0211 (2019) w/ Stiff TT Elevate Pro, 2 deg Upright, 1/2" long

Handicap - 2.8

YES! Definetly

image.png.3af37be73c6ca38401a94ee327b3afc1.png

• Like 2

Love the look of these irons.  Went with the Tec X as I want more of a game improvement iron rather than a players iron.  Need a little more forgiveness and less workability.

Currently playing Tommy Armour 845s from 2021 and would like a upgrade in look and technology.  The new iron tech has a great look and feel improvement over these irons and I would love to step up.

Currently playing to about 10.5, with some early winter rounds in Alabama keeping the handicap up since I have not played enough this year.

I would be happy to share my thoughts and feelings about these clubs if I was lucky enough to be selected.

Thanks to Cobra and TGS for putting this give away together for the forum and community.

Alan, Appleton, WI

image.png.c0cb30c5e1a37b2bf5cde9b9e76e70de.png

• Like 2

PXG 0211 9 degree driver HZRDUS smoke yellow

Cobra BioCell 5 wood @ 17 degrees Project X PXv 

PXG 0211 Hybrids HZRDUS smoke black

Tommy Armour 5i to GW True Temper XP

Wilson 52 and 56 wedges

Never Compromise Voodoo putter

• I chose the King Forged Tec X because I want game improvement irons with the feel of forged irons. 
  • Brian/ Owensboro, KY
  • Srixon 785
  • Yes 

26CB9AB7-034C-4DE6-BBB6-1B6A7F109E83.png

• Like 3

Cally Epic Flash 3 💎 / HZRDUS 1100- 6.5/tipped 1.5”

TM M3 3wd HL/ Rogue 80x

Srixon 785/ DGTI x100s

Bridgestone Tour B/ 52°&58°- DGTI s400

Scotty TEI3 Long Neck

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise
  • Chose this model for the forgiveness and just not fully ready for players iron
  • List your first name/city state (US Only entries)
  • Rufus/ Dubuque Iowa
  • What current irons you're playing
  • Mizuno JP 819 Hot Metal
  • Handicap
  • Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.
  • Yes I agree to share about my experience

Screenshot_20220730-080804.png.538870b566db302beaf7907d650455de.pngScreenshot_20220730-080804.png.538870b566db302beaf7907d650455de.png

• Like 2

Would love to have these clubs in my bag. Currently playing Apex DCB6 through GW. The one length clubs are an interesting concept. Would love to see how they hit and feel and sound. Cobra has always produced an excellent product

• Like 1

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise
    • I am learning how to properly strike my iron shots instead of being an extreme sweeper, and I want to have the feel and feedback of a forged player's iron. Either model would most likely work, but I'm fitted into a player's iron right now and like the feels and the flight.
    • Hayden / Liberty, MO
    • PXG 0311 P
  • Handicap
  • Will you agree to participate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.
    • With bells on (although you won't be able to hear them)

Screenshot_20220730-092239_Chrome Beta.jpg

Edited by slyest
Spelling error
  • Like 3

Donating balls since '94

I chose the X model for the forgiveness to gain consistency which is lacking with my current Irons.   As an 17 handicap,  I really need it,  but also need to gain distance and love a Forged feel. 

Brian Huntley, IL

PXG Gen3 XP irons

17 hcp

Absolutely would provide daily and regular input. 

Screenshot_20220730-092833_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

• I chose the King Forged Tech because i am looking to gain more control of my irons and they will be my first set of clubs out of the game improvement irons.
  • Mark / Dumfries Virginia
  • Taylormade Sim
  • 11 Handicap
  • I would be more than happy to participate in a discussion of my experience with the irons after receiving them.Screenshot_20220730-104532_Chrome.jpg.c4177fcd6d132defb398a3e96da634db.jpg
  • Like 2

image.png.f783b06c020250b66d788831d7e79c00.png

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise: The lofts on this model aren't jacked as much, and with the elevate shaft, closer to what I currently play. 
  • List your first name/city state (US Only entries): Donald/ Goodyear AZ
  • What current irons you're playing: Callaway Steelheads 
  • Handicap: 8
  • Will you agree to participate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them: absolutely. Retired, my time would be your time.

• Like 3

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5,7 regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in 7 wood)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 

Irons: Callaway Steelhead 7,9,PW (gapping distances require both a 7 hybrid and 7 iron, choke on the 7 for 8 iron distance or hook the 9 iron)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

Would be great to try these irons.  I have not had a new set of irons in almost 20 years.  I would love to see how these irons can improve my games and give feedback to others about these irons.

Edited by Woody83
  • Like 1

Retired educator and love this game

Of course I'd love to win a set of these irons. I am a big Cobra fan, I am a 12 handicap but aspiring to lower this. I prefer a players distance iron. The Forged Tec X is of course the set I'm looking at, I need that forgiveness though I am suspecting the feel will be miles better than my M2's. I am looking to experience the feel of forged that everyone raves about butr still need help. Name is Dean M. from Raleigh, NC and I am happy to test and review. I have a YouTube channel on the side (mostly equipment reviews and tips from an average golfer), so I could provide a video review if wanted.

image.png.98865659cae1052897e4028d4542a2dd.png

Edited by dmacko99
  • Like 2

Thanks for the opportunity! Hoping for the best!

• Chose the KING Forged Tec set to work on shot shaping with the forgiveness of tungsten in the head
    • David/ Columbus OH
    • I'm currently playing the Titleist AP2 712
  • Handicap
  • Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.
    • Yes, definitely will!

image.png.76d625bd9b07c361d20f5b90a5ec3195.png

• Like 2

David

• Chose the Forged Tec X model for forgiveness, slightly stronger lofts. Being older, still want the Forged feel, it appears Forged Tec X could provide that forgiveness. In addition, Mid/High Kick shafts for Forged Tec X confirmed choice.
  • Tom / Orlando, FL 
  • Currently playing Maverick Pro Irons - 4-GW (however replaced 4i with Rescue - now using 5 - GW)
  • Handicap = 1
  • Definitely would agree to participate in forum discussion and relay experience with Forged Tec X irons! 

image.png.f5df37bb0b7e66b589e8ae91fa21cc8c.png

• Like 2

Callaway Maverick Pro - Std Length, 5-PW & A Wedge - Elevate 105 stiff Steel Shafts-

PXG 0211 Driver 9.0 - set at 10.0 Draw bias - Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60g

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (21 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter:Odyssey 2Ball 

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Handicap: 1.0

What an opportunity! 

I decided to go with the Forged Tec X. I have not played game improvement heads in awhile, and I’ve been frustrated with my irons of late. I am hoping the forgiveness helps me gain some confidence in my iron play and get my handicap under 10. I currently play Srixon ZX5/ZX7 combo set, and when my swing is right they’re really good. Consistency has been elusive, however. 

My name is Jordan and I live in Newbury Park, CA. My handicap is an 11.6, and I’d love to share my experiences with the forum!

201917F0-332B-4E5A-B118-00E17F3F5773.jpeg.da179b72462ce913468e284659182830.jpeg

• Like 2

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

• I chose the Forged Tec X because I could use the forgiveness along with the distance.
  • Mark Lawrenceville/ NJ
  • I am currently playing a mixed set. Srixon ZX4(5&6 iron) and ZX5 (7-A).
  • 15.7 is my Handicap
  • I will agree to participate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.2099197081_ScreenShot2022-07-30at9_58_20AM.png.f5dc083113d2da3f188454d3204158f9.png
  • Like 2

One handed golfer who loves the game.

Sim 2 Driver, Callaway Epic Hybrid, Combo Srixon ZX 4 & 5 Irons, Cleveland Wedges and Odyssey Putter

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise
  • I chose the forged TEC x model because I could definitely use the added forgiveness for my irons. The additional tungsten weighting low in the head is an intriguing option to get my trajectory and carry distance up.
  • Ryszard San Jose, CA
  • Currently playing JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro Irons
  • Handicap
  • Currently an 18 handicap
  • I would definitely agree to participate in a discussion.

Screenshot_20220729-140513.png

• Like 2

Mizuno stz-220 driver 

Apex super hybrid 2 hybrid

Jpx 921 hot metal pro irons

Titleist sm8 vokey wedges

• Golfspy_CG2 changed the title to Official Cobra Forged Tec Contest-WINNER ANNOUNCED!