Testers Wanted: Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder ×

Kenny B's Hitting Bay

Kenny B

Said you couldn't afford a launch monitor.   I've had the Mevo + for over 2 years and have been very happy with it.   Skytrak is also in the same category and most that have it, like it as well.  Looks like you have room for either.   Mevo + is now $1,800.    I got my Mevo first - and was using it in my garage - now am building a man cave and will move it in there.

CULW4567.JPG

28 minutes ago, DenMo said:

Said you couldn't afford a launch monitor.   I've had the Mevo + for over 2 years and have been very happy with it.   Skytrak is also in the same category and most that have it, like it as well.  Looks like you have room for either.   Mevo + is now $1,800.    I got my Mevo first - and was using it in my garage - now am building a man cave and will move it in there.

CULW4567.JPG

Yeah, I said that when I started this project.  With the cost of the new construction and re-roofing the whole house, I would have been happy with just using the net I had been using for 2 years.  It was SWMBO who said why would I cheap out now after spending all this money!!  Hard to say no at that point!!  I did buy the SkyTrak on sale this month for $200 off.  The Mevo+ was my other choice, and while I did have room for it behind my mats, it was more inconvenient and the SkyTrak provides all my needs.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Turf from Big Moss came just before Christmas.  Tony and Kellen from Big Moss were great guys to work with.  Easy install and it looks great.  I have 4 cups on the 10'x12' green between the mats and the screen and 2 cups on 6'x12' green behind the mats.

After the greens were laid, my wife and I finished the 8'x10.5' enclosure from Carl's Place.  Still working on getting the tension adjusted to minimize bounceback.  No projector yet; my wife has one, but hasn't seen it since we bought the house 3 years ago; probably in a box somewhere.  So until we find it or buy one, I'm running the SkyTrak app from my phone to the Samsung TV I bought dad when we moved him here in 2021.  It's been in storage since he passed away.

IMG_1728.jpeg.969e02a008f2c148e6ef5a17ba9968ce.jpegIMG_1727.jpeg.dd99858a379a3ff2ed18dc956dcfaa3b.jpeg

Looking slick Kenny.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So long as you guys don't use strokes gained per dollar invested (SGDI) as a form of measure, I'm confident you'll love the results 😉.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

So long as you guys don't use strokes gained per dollar invested (SGDI) as a form of measure, I'm confident you'll love the results 😉.

Definitely don't!!  Really it's just a place to practice Monte's recommendations and try something new to see if it works for me... without going to the range.  This winter I will probably spend a lot of time here... except when I'm in Phoenix!!  There are times when I need a break from whatever else I'm doing and make some swings.  Now I can putt too!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 12/28/2022 at 6:03 PM, Kenny B said:

There are times when I need a break from whatever else I'm doing and make some swings.  Now I can putt too!!

Ya know..... Not sure if Big Moss has it but you can find online golf mats made of different varieties of artificial grass - eg. you could simulate different kinds of rough and go to work on short game shots around the greens!

You could also build yourself a small incline ramp, put one of those mats on top, and practice uphill / downhill / sidehill lies... 🏌️‍♂️

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

5 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Ya know..... Not sure if Big Moss has it but you can find online golf mats made of different varieties of artificial grass - eg. you could simulate different kinds of rough and go to work on short game shots around the greens!

You could also build yourself a small incline ramp, put one of those mats on top, and practice uphill / downhill / sidehill lies... 🏌️‍♂️

That's already on my list to do and why I designed the hitting area the way I did.  The mat area between the two greens is 3 feet wide.  For the past two years I used two Real Feel mats that are 3'x20" strips because that was all that was available in 2020.  I added a 3'x4' mat to stand on.  So, I stand on the big mat, hit irons off a 20" mat and position the SkyTrak on the other 20" mat.  I play to build an incline to place under the mats for downhill/uphill lies; I have a lot of trouble with downhill lies.  Not sure about different turf for full shots, but I do plan to have "rough" grass for wedge shots.

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

That's already on my list to do

haha great minds... 👌

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

On 12/31/2022 at 4:09 AM, Kenny B said:

That's already on my list to do and why I designed the hitting area the way I did.  The mat area between the two greens is 3 feet wide.  For the past two years I used two Real Feel mats that are 3'x20" strips because that was all that was available in 2020.  I added a 3'x4' mat to stand on.  So, I stand on the big mat, hit irons off a 20" mat and position the SkyTrak on the other 20" mat.  I play to build an incline to place under the mats for downhill/uphill lies; I have a lot of trouble with downhill lies.  Not sure about different turf for full shots, but I do plan to have "rough" grass for wedge shots.

I've been trying to take a half swing on any up down or side hill lies, not getting as much distance but lots better control and that's all I want... 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

@Kenny B you ever figure out the bounce back from the ball ? I have a screen from indoor golf the SIG 8 (8x8) and I am having the ball bounce back I am going to losing the bungees from the bottom to let it hang a bit to see if that helps, my buddy who is a contract told me about Rockwool safe n sound insulation goiing to try that next

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

1 hour ago, Nolan220 said:

@Kenny B you ever figure out the bounce back from the ball ? I have a screen from indoor golf the SIG 8 (8x8) and I am having the ball bounce back I am going to losing the bungees from the bottom to let it hang a bit to see if that helps, my buddy who is a contract told me about Rockwool safe n sound insulation goiing to try that next

I talked with Carl's Place where I bought my screen.  They said to remove bungees from each side equally, otherwise you will get different bounce back in different parts of the screen.  

I removed every other one.  Actually I just unhooked them; left them through the screen.  Once the foam padding and screen flap is in place they won't go anywhere, and I can re-hook them from the backside.  I suspect that with age, the screen will stretch and the bungees will need to be adjusted.  

Just a Thank You! to @Kenny B and also to @Tom the Golf Nut for getting me finally moving on clearing out and reorganizing my own garage so I could make room again for my net and hitting mat...

..not only was my golf space getting (even more) cluttered but shortly before Thanksgiving we repainted the downstairs of the house and a bunch of stuff got stored in the .. yep .. garage for the duration of the holidays...

- no pics - doesn't look anywhere near as cool as either of those guys'..!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Just a Thank You! to @Kenny B and also to @Tom the Golf Nut for getting me finally moving on clearing out and reorganizing my own garage so I could make room again for my net and hitting mat...

..not only was my golf space getting (even more) cluttered but shortly before Thanksgiving we repainted the downstairs of the house and a bunch of stuff got stored in the .. yep .. garage for the duration of the holidays...

- no pics - doesn't look anywhere near as cool as either of those guys'..!

Git 'er done!!!  Winter is almost over!  😆

20 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Git 'er done!!!  Winter is almost over!  😆

Heck yah it was 60° here yesterday! ..but then of course looking at possible snow flakes happening in the not too distant forecast.........

The space is usable; continuing to declutter and reorganize!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Heck yah it was 60° here yesterday! ..but then of course looking at possible snow flakes happening in the not too distant forecast.........

The space is usable; continuing to declutter and reorganize!

Come on @cksurfdude,  try to keep up. I took down the garage door opener, took it out to the shed and suspended it from the rafters to keep it safe and out of the way. I got the projector mounted to the ceiling, ran all the cables and hooked up the computer and simulator. Did I mention I worked all day too.  Oh yeah, I played 9 holes on it as well. I needed to make sure everything worked. 

Seems to me like you need more motivation. Your welcome.🤣

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

21 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Come on @cksurfdude,  try to keep up.

Ha I'm working, I'm working! I can hit in there now .. and get my boards in and out more easily .. just doing the whole garage project in stages...

..like my golf game = work in progress!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg