Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×
2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

PGA Championship 2023

Splatt

Hovland was one of my picks; glad to see him hang in there after his fiasco on 16.  It was a great win for Koepka putting him with elite champions.  

This might be Monahan's worst nightmare!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Jim Nantz is as two faced as they come. He should be ashamed of himself.

Not sure what Jim did/said but he's among a crowd of sports media journalists that made way more of the PGA vs. LIV storyline than necessary and have looked petty doing so.

11 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Hovland was one of my picks; glad to see him hang in there after his fiasco on 16.  It was a great win for Koepka putting him with elite champions.  

This might be Monahan's worst nightmare!!

That was a crazy repeat of Conners disaster yesterday.  Viktor had to have seen that replay and one would think he would change club or swing to keep from repeating.  

Yea, if you think this is a nightmare for Jay, how about The Golf Channel staff? 😆

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

30 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

The Colonial just gave Michael Block an exemption invitation for next weeks event.  How cool is that? 👍

Awesome 👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

47 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

The Colonial just gave Michael Block an exemption invitation for next weeks event.  How cool is that? 👍

Michael Block is an Impressive American…

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

4 hours ago, BobBC78 said:

Love to see Block doing well! Never been a fan of Koepka's and his move to LIV only made it worse. 

You mean Brooks Koepka the “washed-up” golfer who had to join the LIV Tour to make any money? At least, that was what the talking heads on The Golf Channel and the other media types were saying.

I am very happy to see Brooks win another PGA major and it was also nice to see another LIV golfer (Bryson DeChambeau) finish in the top five at this PGA Championship.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Not sure what Jim did/said but he's among a crowd of sports media journalists that made way more of the PGA vs. LIV storyline than necessary and have looked petty doing so.

That was a crazy repeat of Conners disaster yesterday.  Viktor had to have seen that replay and one would think he would change club or swing to keep from repeating.  

Yea, if you think this is a nightmare for Jay, how about The Golf Channel staff? 😆

Could not agree more!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Big shout out to Brooks. Not the most likeable or liked player, but my goodness he is awesome to watch. 

Really enjoyed watching and wish Hovland hadn't had the double as 18 would have been that much better.

Looking forward to the next major!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Big shout out to Brooks. Not the most likeable or liked player, but my goodness he is awesome to watch. 

Really enjoyed watching and wish Hovland hadn't had the double as 18 would have been that much better.

Looking forward to the next major!

It's real tough to deal with alot of pain and wondering if your going to get back to a level of Golf you know your capable of playing, long term illness of any kind is soul destroying. 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

No doubt about it Brooks is that “dude”, total alpha when it comes to majors. 

love him or hate hit the guy figures it out. Or maybe it’s just the state of New York? Maybe this helps to push him to leave to come back to the tour… sounds like he’s figured out his knee problems although they are long term issues 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I’m not a LIV fan but big time kudos to Koepka for bouncing back from a collapse at Augusta. Couldn’t even imagine the build up to the US Open next month if he had won two in a row going in. And getting to watch Block out in a performance of a lifetime was the icing on top. This guy’s life will never be the same. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

15 hours ago, MacTourney said:

Whenever I see something like that I think how many air and ground molecules would have to be in perfect alignment, at just the right moments, for that type shot.   Nutso game!

Today is Monday and math is on my mind.

Block's shot scraped the edge of the cup, but if it didn't and squeezed into the space between the edge of the cup and the outside edge of the pin, how much space are we talking about, in inches, for a 1.68 inch golf ball to fit into.  Would need to know the pin circumference I reckon.  Anyone have a guess to fire up the brain cells today.

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

34 minutes ago, MacTourney said:

Today is Monday and math is on my mind.

Block's shot scraped the edge of the cup, but if it didn't and squeezed into the space between the edge of the cup and the outside edge of the pin, how much space are we talking about, in inches, for a 1.68 inch golf ball to fit into.  Would need to know the pin circumference I reckon.  Anyone have a guess to fire up the brain cells today.

Why guess. The Golf Nut has what you need. 

clearance.jpg.218cd44f55371d026ea12d7238f7f392.jpg

3/16 of an inch clearance.  (.1875" or 4.762MM)

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Will be interesting if Brooks (or other LIV golfers) get more consideration for the Ryder Cup.  I don't really enjoy the LIV format, but it is good to see these guys competing with the PGA Tour guys, especially after so many people/media wrote them off for the majors this year prior to the Masters.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

Koepka’s public persona has always rubbed me the wrong way.  After watching Full Swing, I felt he went to LIV because he didn’t think he would ever play at a high level again because of his injuries. So, I give him a semi-pass for that decision.  

What’s really fascinating to me is his performance in the Majors vs. regular events. I think he has a total of 9 wins on the PGA Tour and the Euro Tour and over half are majors. He could end up with 8 or 9 majors and fewer than 20 wins. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

1 minute ago, Hook DeLoft said:

Koepka’s public persona has always rubbed me the wrong way.  After watching Full Swing, I felt he went to LIV because he didn’t think he would ever play at a high level again because of his injuries. So, I give him a semi-pass for that decision.  

What’s really fascinating to me is his performance in the Majors vs. regular events. I think he has a total of 9 wins on the PGA Tour and the Euro Tour and over half are majors. He could end up with 8 or 9 majors and fewer than 20 wins. 

never really looked at that wow

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

3 minutes ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I believe that’s exactly what Brooks did, he felt his career ON Tour was in jeopardy and he took LIV’s offer so he would have an income.  
His surgeries were better than he or anyone else expected.  I think he is one of the LIV players who regrets the move but it is what it is.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

happy beyond words for Michael Block. what he did as PGA professional on that course was amazing.

but if I have to see that hole in one on 15 again I am going to break something.... 

really though - good on him. and oh by the way he also won 288k ... that's a whole lot of lessons @ 150 per hour!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS 9.5
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

22 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I believe that’s exactly what Brooks did, he felt his career ON Tour was in jeopardy and he took LIV’s offer so he would have an income.  
His surgeries were better than he or anyone else expected.  I think he is one of the LIV players who regrets the move but it is what it is.

There's been rumblings of him inquiring what it would take to break contract and if he'd be allowed back on the PGAT. That's when we saw the articles about them having to pay back 4x their signing bonus or whatever it was. Kind of checks out when you consider his presser comments about "what it means for LIV" compared to what we saw from Bryson. 

All in all, happy for Brooks. Looked like he was in a rough spot during Full Swing, and it's always fun to have the big boys in the mix. Already annoyed by the LIV twitter trolls trying to make it a LIV win/PGAT worst nightmare situation

Lefty Gang

Cally Mavrik 10.5 - Rogue White 60 TX

Cobra Radspeed 5w at 16* - Motore F1 7x

Srixon ZU85 3i - Tensei Blue 80tx

Srixon Z785 4-PW - DG X100

Cally Jaws MD5 Raw 52*

MD3 56* & 60

Scotty Phantom X5.5

20 hours ago, 75shotmyageyearsago said:

Color me old fashioned but if nothing else I believe in being loyal. I don’t want Koepka to win the PGA, or DeChambeau or any LIV golfer win. In my mind all they wanted to do was chase the money and betray the one who gave them their opportunity. I have always heard golfers say it wasn’t the money but the opportunity to play against the best in the world as their reason for playing, guess some of them were just blowing smoke so the general public wouldn’t know what greedy opportunists they really were. Honestly I can see them chasing the money after they turn 40 when their chances of winning decrease dramatically. But in their 20’s? 

I'd agree with you - but at least he was one that right up front was honest about it and said he did for the money primarily because he was unsure how long he could play with his injuries. The others came up with contrived stories about how they wanted more home time, etc. etc. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, Charles Lechair said:

There's been rumblings of him inquiring what it would take to break contract and if he'd be allowed back on the PGAT. That's when we saw the articles about them having to pay back 4x their signing bonus or whatever it was. Kind of checks out when you consider his presser comments about "what it means for LIV" compared to what we saw from Bryson. 

All in all, happy for Brooks. Looked like he was in a rough spot during Full Swing, and it's always fun to have the big boys in the mix. Already annoyed by the LIV twitter trolls trying to make it a LIV win/PGAT worst nightmare situation

Can you imagine what the interview would have been like if Reed or Dechambeau won? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

5 hours ago, Preeway said:

I’m not a LIV fan but big time kudos to Koepka for bouncing back from a collapse at Augusta. Couldn’t even imagine the build up to the US Open next month if he had won two in a row going in. And getting to watch Block out in a performance of a lifetime was the icing on top. This guy’s life will never be the same. 

I think his $150. lessons may be a bit higher 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I used to love Brooksie, he was one of my favorites. But I really didn't want him or any of the LIV guys to win either. He did play incredible and I was so sad for Hovland on that bunker disaster that ended any chance he had to catch up, but I wish Koepka didn't win. I don't like Greg Norman and I am sure that he is going to be talking everywhere and saying even more stuff about how great LIV is. Too bad!

TaylorMade Stealth Plus 9Deg, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX

TaylorMade SIM2 3 Wood 15 Deg

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue - 3 19 Deg

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW

Vokey SM9 Wedges 48, 52, and 58 Deg

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5 ( Still have my Fastback No. 1, it is in time out for a bit!)

All carried around in a customized Ping Hoofer Carry bag!

Check out my YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/@maddenbarnes

My swing in slo-mo:

**COURSE SETUP TAKE INCOMING** Late to the party but I found the golf on Sunday pretty exciting ALBEIT I don't love the mega thick rough + narrow fairways combo. I feel like it basically eliminates the short hitters because now everyone misses fairways and it is seemingly better to be 20 yds into the rough (where the gallery tramples it down) vs rolling 1 yd into the rough and having to hack it out. Plus a 9 iron is easier to hit out of rough vs a 6/7 iron for shorter hitters. 

Also, the thick rough around the greens really sucks. Short grass around the greens with runoffs, to me, identifies short game mastery whereas the thick rough just forces everyone to try their luck hacking it out. Plus it stops the ball closer to the hole whereas short grass can just let an errant shot keep getting worse. Anyway, no one really cares what I think but that was my main takeaway. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

On 5/22/2023 at 3:56 PM, vandyland said:

**COURSE SETUP TAKE INCOMING** Late to the party but I found the golf on Sunday pretty exciting ALBEIT I don't love the mega thick rough + narrow fairways combo. I feel like it basically eliminates the short hitters because now everyone misses fairways and it is seemingly better to be 20 yds into the rough (where the gallery tramples it down) vs rolling 1 yd into the rough and having to hack it out. Plus a 9 iron is easier to hit out of rough vs a 6/7 iron for shorter hitters. 

Also, the thick rough around the greens really sucks. Short grass around the greens with runoffs, to me, identifies short game mastery whereas the thick rough just forces everyone to try their luck hacking it out. Plus it stops the ball closer to the hole whereas short grass can just let an errant shot keep getting worse. Anyway, no one really cares what I think but that was my main takeaway. 

I tend to agree with you, especially about some areas around the green. But, this is what the PGA and the USGA have wanted for years,and they will continue to lengthen courses and have rough at 3" or more and complain the pros hit it too well.

Let's face it. The USGA has rarely ever gotten it right. I'm sure many here remember Shinnecock, where players aimed for the bunker on a par 3. The PGA followed those footsteps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 11:06 PM, Preeway said:

Brooks never has this kind of a showing in 2023 if he doesn't take the time away to heal from his ailments. 

Really, you remember the GOAT !!!

TIGER'S had time away and came back to win The Masters, it's not looking likely with his current health issues but ??

15 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Really, you remember the GOAT !!!

TIGER'S had time away and came back to win The Masters, it's not looking likely with his current health issues but ??

I think that was my point. Tiger needed that added rest time in order to win his last Masters. Koepka clearly needed it too and I’m really interested to see him back in his prime form and make it as Ryder Cup captain pick. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

8 minutes ago, Preeway said:

I think that was my point. Tiger needed that added rest time in order to win his last Masters. Koepka clearly needed it too and I’m really interested to see him back in his prime form and make it as Ryder Cup captain pick. 

Unless things change drastically, Koepka is in the #2 spot points-wise.  No captain's pick needed.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”