Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

After Hours Spy Saloon

chisag

10 hours ago, chisag said:

... There is no uniform numbers due to counter balanced shafts and differences between a 60gm and 70gm shaft. But in general you can expect to lose about 5 to 6 swing weight points cutting off 1" all things being equal. The shaft may feel a little stiffer and adding some lead tape to the head usually addresses that. Best thing to do is add a strip at the range and see how it feels. Then keep adding another strip til it feels too heavy and remove the last strip. You can leave th tape or have the head hot melted for that swing weight. 

I’m curious about that too.  I recently replaced all of my old clubs except my Callaway Fusion driver which I absolutely love.  When getting fit, I did a comparison with a Ping G430 Max and got identical numbers (94.2 avg SS, 215 carry, 235-240 total, 2250 and 2260 spin. 

However, Sunday I hit my drive 75 yards and the club head went about 73 yards.  It broke between the ferrule and adapter.  Our club repair guy will be back today, but curious, how much shaft extends thru the ferrule and into the adapter?  The 450 Recoil ES F3 shaft (56g, mid to mid-high launch) is no longer made for woods, so may order a new shaft if I can find something comparable, but I need a quick or temp fix as I’m going on a trip next Monday and intended to play golf. Ughhhhh.

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

2 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Our club repair guy will be back today, but curious, how much shaft extends thru the ferrule and into the adapter? 

Varies a little for each OEM, but it is about an inch to an inch and a quarter. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Varies a little for each OEM, but it is about an inch to an inch and a quarter. 

Just got back from meeting with our club repair guy.  Nice thing about living here is we have a guy that does repair and has a nice workshop.  He indicated the same - he can remove the ferrule and clean out the piece extending into the adapter and I’ll lose about 1”, but he is going to add an extension in the butt end, and will be ready tomorrow.  He said it will play a bit stiffer, which is fine and not sure I’ll even notice.  

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

... Continuing the animal discussion:

thumbnail.png.3aa597da75792283d80f6e8a4f82b103.png

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

2 hours ago, GaryF said:

Just got back from meeting with our club repair guy.  Nice thing about living here is we have a guy that does repair and has a nice workshop.  He indicated the same - he can remove the ferrule and clean out the piece extending into the adapter and I’ll lose about 1”, but he is going to add an extension in the butt end, and will be ready tomorrow.  He said it will play a bit stiffer, which is fine and not sure I’ll even notice.  

That’s good news. Pretty simple repair from their standpoint. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black Official Tester Review

:BagBoy: Nitron push cart Unofficial review  

3 hours ago, GaryF said:

... Lots to consider. Some are more sensitive to feel than others so tipping 1" can be irrelevant or a big problem. Add to that different shafts will perform differently tipping 1" depending on quite a few variables from flex point to weighting to balance. But in the end I am a big fan of Occam's Razor which is inaccurately but very popularly interpreted as "the simplest explanation is usually the best one" So tipping 1" and seeing how it performs for you is a great first, and hopefully final step and I hope it works out for you! 

18 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Lots to consider. Some are more sensitive to feel than others so tipping 1" can be irrelevant or a big problem. Add to that different shafts will perform differently tipping 1" depending on quite a few variables from flex point to weighting to balance. But in the end I am a big fan of Occam's Razor which is inaccurately but very popularly interpreted as "the simplest explanation is usually the best one" So tipping 1" and seeing how it performs for you is a great first, and hopefully final step and I hope it works out for you! 

Thank you and I hope it’s at least close enough as I’m going on a trip Monday with intent to play.  I wrote GolfWorks and they indicated the UST replacement is the UST Helium Nanocore.  

Ironically while doing yard work after getting back from the golf repair place, I ran into my neighbor (he’s in his 80s). He recently ordered a Callaway B21 driver and felt the F2 shaft was too stiff so he got a diff shaft.  He gave me the one he replaced which is a UST Helium Black (looks identical to Nanocore) with adapter attached.  I’ll give that a try but it’s very light, and my 95ish SS is well above the recommendation for F2.

Edited by GaryF

4 hours ago, GaryF said:

One thing to consider and advice to follow: if the manufacturer’s tip trimming specifications say “no tip trimming” or “butt trim only” for that specific shaft model, it is very important to follow those recommendations. This is usually something that is specified for shafts that have a stiffening layer of material (e.g. metallic fibers, boron, zylon, Fujikura’s proprietary VeloCore, etc.) in the tip section. Generally, tip-trimming such shafts will stiffen the tip section very dramatically or alter the playing characteristics of the shaft quite dramatically.

Sometimes (rarely, but it does happen), manufacturers also specify no tip trimming because the shaft only has a very short parallel tip section. In these cases, if the shaft tip is trimmed very much, it will not be possible to insert the shaft to the bottom of the hosel bore or fully to the bottom of the adapter tip.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft

4W - Titleist TSR2, Newton Motion 4-Dot FW shaft

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Cobra King Forged Tec X, KBS TGI graphite shafts

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER10 ""Outback” Mallet

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

1 hour ago, funkyjudge said:

One thing to consider and advice to follow: if the manufacturer’s tip trimming specifications say “no tip trimming” or “butt trim only” for that specific shaft model, it is very important to follow those recommendations. This is usually something that is specified for shafts that have a stiffening layer of material (e.g. metallic fibers, boron, zylon, Fujikura’s proprietary VeloCore, etc.) in the tip section. Generally, tip-trimming such shafts will stiffen the tip section very dramatically or alter the playing characteristics of the shaft quite dramatically.

Sometimes (rarely, but it does happen), manufacturers also specify no tip trimming because the shaft only has a very short parallel tip section. In these cases, if the shaft tip is trimmed very much, it will not be possible to insert the shaft to the bottom of the hosel bore or fully to the bottom of the adapter tip.

Thanks, I wasn’t aware of that.  The repair guy did say it would be a bit stiffer.  The specs on it are very hard to find as it’s no longer in production.  It’s listed on the UST website as a discontinued shaft so all of that info is no longer shown.  I did find basic specs on other review sites for weight and torque.  It did look like it had a tip a few inches long before it started to widen, but we will see, hopefully tomorrow. 

image.jpeg.72317612383d223a5882aa2fa2320220.jpeg

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

43 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Thanks, I wasn’t aware of that.  The repair guy did say it would be a bit stiffer.  The specs on it are very hard to find as it’s no longer in production.  It’s listed on the UST website as a discontinued shaft so all of that info is no longer shown.  I did find basic specs on other review sites for weight and torque.  It did look like it had a tip a few inches long before it started to widen, but we will see, hopefully tomorrow. 

I was a UST Mamiya TOURSPX Dealer for close to two decades, and I still have most of the specifications and tip-trimming recommendations for UST shafts that were manufactured from about 2000-2016 or 2017.  What is the specific model and flex?  I may have the tip-trimming data for that shaft.

Never mind; I found the spec's for that Recoil 450 ES driver shaft.  It has a 3" parallel tip section, and can be tip-trimmed as much as 1.5", but I wouldn't recommend trimming it that much for use in a driver!  There is no exotic material in that shaft, it has a soft tip section, and is rated at a high torque number of 5.7 degrees. All of these things indicate that there should be no problem tip-trimming your Recoil driver shaft 1", although it will stiffen the shaft by about one flex, essentially turning the shaft into an F4 (stiff) flex shaft. If your average driver swing/clubhead speed is above 90 MPH, this should pose no problem -- it certainly would be quite suitable for a 95 MPH clubhead speed golfer.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft

4W - Titleist TSR2, Newton Motion 4-Dot FW shaft

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Cobra King Forged Tec X, KBS TGI graphite shafts

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER10 ""Outback” Mallet

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

New Super Stroke Traxion Pistol GT 2.0 is installed for league tonight! 🤩 need to go low to move back into 4th place and tonight is the last night. Here’s to hoping I can roll some putts tonight! 

IMG_0585.jpeg.62d39d0072ab1876ebff714eadff47c6.jpeg

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

25 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I was a UST Mamiya TOURSPX Dealer for close to two decades, and I still have most of the specifications and tip-trimming recommendations for UST shafts that were manufactured from about 2000-2016 or 2017.  What is the specific model and flex?  I may have the tip-trimming data for that shaft.

Never mind; I found the spec's for that Recoil 450 ES driver shaft.  It has a 3" parallel tip section, and can be tip-trimmed as much as 1.5", but I wouldn't recommend trimming it that much for use in a driver!  There is no exotic material in that shaft, it has a soft tip section, and is rated at a high torque number of 5.7 degrees. All of these things indicate that there should be no problem tip-trimming your Recoil driver shaft 1", although it will stiffen the shaft by about one flex, essentially turning the shaft into an F4 (stiff) flex shaft. If your average driver swing/clubhead speed is above 90 MPH, this should pose no problem -- it certainly would be quite suitable for a 95 MPH clubhead speed golfer.

This site is amazing with expert folks like yourself!  My repair guy thought I’d be losing about 1” as long as he can remove the ferrule (he said he could) and the end probably needs cleaning up.  

When I joined this site about a year ago I listed my driver SS as <90 but after working on my core and flexibility this past winter, my drives seemed longer and was guessing I as in the 88-92 range.  But when I was getting fit this past spring I asked if I could hit my driver and see my numbers.  I was pleasantly shocked I was in the mid 90s with 5 swings, and a max just over 96.  I’m thinking next winter Ill get some more work in and maybe approach 100.  

When I was 40ish I bought some clubs and had an all arms SS of 96, so feeling pretty good now that I’m sixty-ten with much better swing mechanics.  

15 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

New Super Stroke Traxion Pistol GT 2.0 is installed for league tonight! 🤩 need to go low to move back into 4th place and tonight is the last night. Here’s to hoping I can roll some putts tonight! 

IMG_0585.jpeg.62d39d0072ab1876ebff714eadff47c6.jpeg

Thai looks awesome, Jason! The SuperStroke Traxion 2.0 is my preferred putter grip and I hope you roll them well with it. 

The Titleist testing thread is bonkers. 11k+ sign-ups, 22 pages and counting.

Dr: :taylormade-small: Stealth 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: M4 - 3W 15°, 5W 18°

4i-PW: MacGregor MT86 OS

50.08F/54.10S/60.08M: :vokey-small:

Pu: :ping-small: Ketsch Counter Balance

Ball: :Snell: MTB Prime

Pushcart: :Clicgear: 4.0

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

Other: :Arccos:

There are going to be 4 very happy folks at some point this weekend, when they get those PMs 😁

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k 10.5° turned up 1°  w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3w::ping-small: 14.5° G425 Max Newton 6 dot

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

5i-PW:  :ping-small: Blueprint S with DG S300

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

For sure, and 11,000 sad ones. If I was a mod right now I'd be a little daunted, and in parallel pleading my case for a mod testing opportunity 😆.

Well, my partner and I finished on a high note with league tonight and shot gross -2 for a net 30. Birdied the first two holes (partner nearly had a HIO on the first hole), then played pretty even sans a bogey after some ill timed poor shots on the same hole. I capped it off with a roughly 40 foot putt for birdie on the final hole to get us back to -2! The SS Traxion Pistol felt great tonight, as did my trusty Spider Tour. Also drove the ball respectably well, with long drives of 250, 255 and 267 with TSi3. Got a bit too aggressive towards the end of the round with it and had some pull/hooks, but I was able to at least diagnose why. Was a great 12 weeks, we finished 5th and each got a $30 pro shop gift card, and are going to keep playing weekly with some other groups to keep the fun rolling. 

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

#LeftyGang

@Jnoble89 What is your league format? 2-man scramble?

1 hour ago, DoubleBogeyDad said:

@Jnoble89 What is your league format? 2-man scramble?

Yep 2 man scramble. Just a casual, super fun 12 week league 

#LeftyGang

6 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Thai looks awesome, Jason! The SuperStroke Traxion 2.0 is my preferred putter grip and I hope you roll them well with it. 

Definitely felt really good in hand today! I remember when I first got the spider, I was not thrilled it had the pistol style grip as I had an OG 2.0 Super Stroke on my previous putter. Quickly realized that grip fit my hands super well and safe to say it’ll be staying with me as long as they keep making them. 

#LeftyGang

18 hours ago, fozcycle said:

image.jpeg.72317612383d223a5882aa2fa2320220.jpeg

giphy.gif

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

3 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

giphy.gif

Why, Johnny Ringo! You look like somebody just walked over your grave…

That is some cold ish, man.

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k 10.5° turned up 1°  w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3w::ping-small: 14.5° G425 Max Newton 6 dot

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

5i-PW:  :ping-small: Blueprint S with DG S300

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

On 8/7/2023 at 9:59 PM, chisag said:

... There is no uniform numbers due to counter balanced shafts and differences between a 60gm and 70gm shaft. But in general you can expect to lose about 5 to 6 swing weight points cutting off 1" all things being equal. The shaft may feel a little stiffer and adding some lead tape to the head usually addresses that. Best thing to do is add a strip at the range and see how it feels. Then keep adding another strip til it feels too heavy and remove the last strip. You can leave th tape or have the head hot melted for that swing weight. 

On 8/8/2023 at 8:03 AM, cnosil said:

Chisag was obviously correct that there are many factors when it comes to a shaft, but if it is just 10 gram increase you add 1 SW point.  

Thank you both!  Just looking for guidelines right now and you nailed it.  

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120

Classic Bag

3 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

Why, Johnny Ringo! You look like somebody just walked over your grave…

That is some cold ish, man.

Then to top it all off with "you're no daisy".   Doc was colder than ice.

Gameday

Classic Bag

18 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

I just picked up my repaired driver.  He put an extender in the butt end and based on the mark left by the grip before he took it off, I lost 1 5/16” from the tip end.  I’m sure it will feel a bit different but golf is a game of adjustments.  I’m just elated I could get it taken care of so quickly before my trip next Monday, and all for $18. 

51 minutes ago, GaryF said:

I just picked up my repaired driver.  He put an extender in the butt end and based on the mark left by the grip before he took it off, I lost 1 5/16” from the tip end.  I’m sure it will feel a bit different but golf is a game of adjustments.  I’m just elated I could get it taken care of so quickly before my trip next Monday, and all for $18. 

... If it ends up working out for you Gary, $18 is a bargain. 👍  But just keep in mind you adjust your equipment to fit your swing, you shouldn't adjust your swing to fit your equipment. 

So I've got an annual buddies trip coming up next week Thursday - Sunday. Every year since 2013, my three best friends from college and myself have gone to my in-laws cabin for a weekend to just hang out, drink beer, go to the casino..you know, the stupid stuff we can't do all the time now that we have kids! It started out as a winter thing, but I want to say 6 years ago we shifted it to the summer so we could golf as well. Last year was the 10 year anniversary of it so we added Thursday to get an extra day in. This year, we are golfing 18 holes Thursday & Friday, playing the 17 hole short course at Sand Valley on Friday evening, and then playing a 9 hole muni Saturday (tradition). I am SUPER excited for this trip, and it's one of my favorite events of the year. The 18 hole courses are both at Lake Arrowhead Golf Club. 

Anyone else have any buddies trips or big golf trips coming up?

#LeftyGang

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... If it ends up working out for you Gary, $18 is a bargain. 👍  But just keep in mind you adjust your equipment to fit your swing, you shouldn't adjust your swing to fit your equipment. 

Yes, I understand that but if it’s not perfect I don’t really have time to try anything else before we go out of town (only playing 1 time but I’ll know sooner when I get to the range.  I have seen the same driver on eBay with the same shaft so that could be in the future to get the same shaft.  

speaking of Deadwood, anyone checking out Justified Primeval? 
Justified is on my list of top shows ever and I'm a big Tim Olyphant fan. I've been watching it and so far it seems average.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/10/arts/television/timothy-olyphant-justified-city-primeval.html

as far as western characters go, it's kind a like my golf swing... feel isn't real

feel:
image.png.472abca27fd2e25ac23d28b2f7444ec5.png

real:
image.png.9aed888fbdbc350245deda424e2e7594.png

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy