Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Sweat. Is it just me?

Kmbond

On 8/14/2023 at 9:49 AM, Mikedb26 said:

Vero Beach, Florida here, so I'm well versed on this subject.  We've always made fun of snowbirds, but after this abnormally hot and humid summer, they seem to be the smarter ones.  So other than temporarily moving away from the more hot/humid regions, there's not much that can be done if you are a big time sweater like me.

I've tried/bought/wore every brand imaginable, Tommy Bahama, Under Armour, PUMA, and Travis Mathew are my current favorites.  But anything that says moisture wicking, be it Island Zone, DriFit, iSO chill, and so on, they need to be tested in Florida.  Heat + humidity + stagnant air, it doesn't matter what kind of "performance" clothing you wear.  When it's hot and humid, sweat cannot evaporate, especially if there isn't a breeze, if breezy, then it's kinda tolerable.  

This past weekend for example, Saturday I changed shirts at the turn, but Sunday I changed every 6 holes, still didn't matter.  In the southwest, I'm assuming the performance moisture wicking stuff works great.  Here in Florida, we are screwed in the summer months, just end up dealing with the dripping shorts and multiple shirts.  Light colors and loose fitting is the best advice, even if you can read a newspaper through the shirt because it's so "breathable", humidity is the enemy.

We might not get quite as hot as you do in Florida, but I guarantee that we can match you for humidity in Ohio...lol. Hot is hot... humidity is a killer! Fortunately, we don't get the killer humidity for more than a couple of months. I can overcome for that long! 😉

24 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Bettter known as Saran Wrap 🤣. I use it because it's light and comfortable to wear. I really don't see it as a solution to sweat/ing... YMMV.

No but it’s a way to make one less uncomfortable from having clothes sticking to them and it absorbs a god amount of the moisture 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Silver & black...

I moved here from outside Youngstown, Ohio in early 2014, and boy do I miss Ohio golf, flatland golf kinda sucks!  You are correct, it gets humid up there, I initially didn't think it would be that big a difference, I was wrong.  To me, this is a whole different level of thick ass air!  Visited in the summer a few years back, felt like a wonderful vacation.  

Bit of nostalgia..  love The Legends of Massillon.  Played Wilkshhire once, liked that one also, but that was 25-26 years ago.

SRIXON ZX5 LS Mkll  HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0  

SRIXON Z F85 13.5° 3W & SRIXON Z F85 

PING G425 3 hybrid 

TAKOMO 101 4-pw (custom- Steelfiber 95s 4i-6i, 110s 7i-pw   BB&F ferrules)

PING Glide 2.0 50° & Cleveland RTX 4.0 Tour Raw 56°

EVNROLL ER5 HATCHBACK

SRIXON Z STAR Diamond & MaxFli TourX

NEVR LOOZ Pro Clip cart bag 

On 8/14/2023 at 10:01 AM, tony@CIC said:

The bigger issue of sweating is not proper clothing but compensating for water/sodium loss. In my younger days, I use to work on construction projects - they would give us salt tablets to retain water. 

Back when I worked construction the dudes I worked with used to eat beef jerky all the time. Two weeks into working with these guys it was a 100 degree day and I'm guzzling water. About noon I start throwing up all the water I was drinking because my body didn't have enough sodium to absorb the water. That's when I figured out what the deal with the beef jerky is: it's salty as **** and helps you absorb water when you're sweating like a hog.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

Looks like we got the how to stay hydrated part down.

As for clothing I also highly recommend ExOfficio boxers (or boxer briefs).  I usually get mine on Amazon and look for closeout colors to keep the price down.  I've also had really good luck with Duluth Trading buck naked or armachillo boxers.  Pair that with a light weight pair or golf shorts or hybrid shorts and your neither regions will thank you.  Nothing is going to stop the sweat, but they will dry much faster after the round.

These don't work if you like to tuck in your shorts, but I'm not a tucker so I also love the Greg Normal pull on golf shorts from Costco.  Super comfy and dry fast, no belt loops though. https://www.costco.com/greg-norman-men’s-pull-on-short.product.100788146.html

I also just purchased a couple of Ryobi 4" clip on fans.  They work great to keep a breeze on you and would work on a push cart or a riding cart.  They are only $25 but don't come with a battery.  I was already in the Ryobi ecosystem so I had the batteries.  They also make a bigger 7 1/2" fan that works to hang over a folded windshield in a golf cart.

Other than that black or dark blue will hide the sweat, but lighter colors will be cooler so it's a trade off.  Nothing will stop the sweat so you are really looking for clothes that will still let you move when it's wet, and something that will dry fast after the round.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 9:52 PM, Mikedb26 said:

Silver & black...

I moved here from outside Youngstown, Ohio in early 2014, and boy do I miss Ohio golf, flatland golf kinda sucks!  You are correct, it gets humid up there, I initially didn't think it would be that big a difference, I was wrong.  To me, this is a whole different level of thick ass air!  Visited in the summer a few years back, felt like a wonderful vacation.  

Bit of nostalgia..  love The Legends of Massillon.  Played Wilkshhire once, liked that one also, but that was 25-26 years ago.

Moved to Tampa from Canton in December.  It does get humid in Ohio, but FL is sub-tropical humid!!

NE Ohio has some great tracks, Unfortunately Stark County loosing another one - Sanctuary, formerly known as Bob-O-Link, closes at end-of-year  

Wilkshire is a nice course, I prefer Zoar over Wilkshire.  

On 8/14/2023 at 10:43 AM, jdennish said:

I also use Liquid IV, Hydrate plus at the recommendation of my DR. It has helped a lot. I got dehydrated twice last summer, before I started using it. 

Hope this helps, be careful, you can get in trouble with the heat we are having this year.

Using the Liquid IV's has been a wonderful help here. I use them each round and I no longer have the tired feeling after a round. I have also found that Costco seems to have the best price on them, about $1 a serving. 

Driver:  :titleist-small:  TSi2 9*  :Fuji: Ventus Black 6S

Fairway: :titleist-small: TSi2 15*  :Fuji: Speeder Evo III 70S

Utility: :titleist-small: T-200 3 Iron  :Fuji: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Irons: :titleist-small: 620CB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 4-6

Irons:  :titleist-small: 620MB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 7-PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM9 50/08F 56/12S 60/04T

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2+ 34" 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 #31 (Currently Ball Testing)