Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

2024 Season Goals - What Say You?

Message added by GolfSpy_KFT,

Add your 2024 Season goals to the Google Doc at the link below or comment them in the thread! I am happy to add them for you if you'd like some assistance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FhZsoENzc0erToshJ28h6e_OYPOfluHHbc3Ac1mV6n0/edit#gid=0

My 2024 goal is to set a new PB low GHIN (<7.7).  That's it in a nutshell 😊.

Edited by fixyurdivot

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Nice! We all know you're a very busy guy / parent / conscientious co-worker but if you do get a chance to post .. an *occasional* (don't pressure yourself into any regular schedule) .. golf fitness related guide that'd be awesome and really useful to a lot of us!!

I would be lying if I said it wasn’t already in the works 😁 it’s honestly almost like cheating. I can reuse most of it for my “regular” job as well. Sure wish MGS was my real job 🤣

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Goals for 2024:

• Work on my overall flexibility (trying yoga)
  • Walk as many rounds as possible
  • Meet up with my brother and friends to golf this year 
  • --Break 90 officially-- EDIT: Whoops, forgot I shot an 89 in Nov 😅  on to 80!
  • Have fun doing it!
Edited by BallsLeon
80 not 90
  • Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5")
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

I couldn’t figure out how to add mine from the phone to the document, I’ll have to try it on the computer later. 

1) Play as much golf with my dad as possible!

2) Hitting fairways with the driver.

3) Lower the amount of 3 putts. 

4) Learn how to get out of the sand!

5) Play more courses.

Jnr

My goals are pretty simple. 

Play in 3 tournaments
Have fun golfing this season

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 hours ago, unccross said:

I couldn’t figure out how to add mine from the phone to the document, I’ll have to try it on the computer later. 

1) Play as much golf with my dad as possible!

2) Hitting fairways with the driver.

3) Lower the amount of 3 putts. 

4) Learn how to get out of the sand!

5) Play more courses.

I've got some adding to do, so I can add them for you @unccross!

#LeftyGang

14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

My 2024 goal is to set a new PB low GHIN (<7.7).  That's it in a nutshell 😊.

That's pretty good compared to when we last played together, although I was more impressed when I saw your profile handicap is 3.5 😃  I was about to ask for lessons next time we meet. 😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, BallsLeon said:

Goals for 2024:

• Work on my overall flexibility (trying yoga)
  • Meet up with my brother and friends to golf this year 
  • Break 90 officially 
  • Have fun doing it!

Adding Yoga once a week has been one of the best things I have done for my workout regimen.  Having more flexibility is great for my swing, reduces pain from sitting in a chair at the office, and it does a great job building your stabilizing muscles that get neglected otherwise in my experience.

Good Luck!

:callaway-logo-1:Mavrik 10.5* :projectx: HZRDS T800 Orange 60 6.0

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz Stage 2 3W

:mizuno-small:ST-Z 5W :projectx: EvenFlow 5.5

:srixon-small: ZX Utility 23*, UST Recoil F3

:titleist-small:T300 :projectx: LZ 5.5, 5-PW

:mizuno-small: T22 Copper Denim :truetemper: DG R300, 52* 56*

:vokey-small: SM9 :truetemper: DG R300, 60*

:odyssey-small: Strokelabs One

:vice: Pro Soft

49 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

That's pretty good compared to when we last played together, although I was more impressed when I saw your profile handicap is 3.5 😃  I was about to ask for lessons next time we meet. 😂

That's my handicap for the courses here (been fluctuating between 3 and 5), and why I have suggested that we revise our forum profile format to show GHIN.  My index has dropped almost in half from when we first moved here but I'm almost certain I couldn't teach you anything about golf you don't already have or had in the past 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

My golf goals for the year? Pretty simple. Work out more, eliminate the "blow up holes" if possible, cut down on the three putts, and get rid of those pesky scores over 100. Oh, and beat my trash-talking golf buddies.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

17 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That's my handicap for the courses here (been fluctuating between 3 and 5), and why I have suggested that we revise our forum profile format to show GHIN.  My index has dropped almost in half from when we first moved here but I'm almost certain I couldn't teach you anything about golf you don't already have or had in the past 🙂.

Oh well then...  my handicap is 5.  🤣   I have always posted my index.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

59 minutes ago, CLenahan said:

Adding Yoga once a week has been one of the best things I have done for my workout regimen.  Having more flexibility is great for my swing, reduces pain from sitting in a chair at the office, and it does a great job building your stabilizing muscles that get neglected otherwise in my experience.

Good Luck!

Huge fan of yoga and stretching.  Has made a huge difference for me as well. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Great thread!

2024 Golf Goals

1. Shoot my age - 66 in May. This would be my all time PB and I'm close. Shot a 67 in November here.

2. Play more. Cutting back at work, now 3 days a week, should play 2-3 times a week. Got 59 games in for 2023, would love to go higher.

3. Play in the Vancouver Open Senior Division. The tournament is played on the 3 Public Vancouver Parks Board Courses. I usually have to work setting up our course (McCleery) for the Friday and Saturday rounds. This year I should be able to set the course on Friday and get Saturday off. The VGT picks the pin locations, so I won't be cheating by setting the holes. Then I would play a late round on the Friday, early Saturday and hopefully make the 36 hole cut to play Sunday. 

I would love to play a couple rounds with my younger brother, but our paths don't cross often these years.

I would love to travel to Bandon, Ireland and the East Coast of Canada to play but that will have to wait for 2025 unfortunately.

Maintaining my health and fitness will allow the goals in 2024 and beyond to remain in reach.

Best of luck to you in your pursuit of '24 goals!

Happy New Year!

Mike

Played this wonderful game for 54 years now. Still love it!

Driver - Callaway Rogue Reg shaft 10 degree (Circa 2018)

3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha 3 Metal (2014)

Hybrids - Callaway X-Hot Pro 16 and 20 degree (2014)

Irons - Callaway Apex Pro Graphite Shafts 4-A (2014)

Wedges - Callaway Mac Daddy 56 (2014) and 58 (2019)

Putter - Kayson Mallet 34" 

Bags - Carry: Sun Mountain (2015) Cart: BagBoy Easy Rider Lite (2019)

Pull/Push Cart - BagBoy Compact3 (2019)

"Can't birdie them all if you don't birdie the first 2"

Consistent driving and better wedge play.  
Working on both this winter. 

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

• Driver Speed to 100 mph or higher
  • HDCP <= 15
  • Stretch & do more exercise during winter to hit the ground running in April
  • Break 85 (outside of simulator 😀)

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

1. Get handicap back down to single digits.

2. Play and practice more. (I am actually taking my first golf specific trip to Myrtle Beach this March).

3. Help other golfers by posting reviews of things that I like or have actually helped me and why.

4. Take advantage of the Tonal we got last year by utilizing their golf specific workouts and yoga.

Carter the Silver Fox

PSX_20231214_192649.jpg.aebe9fac8a381499f3eba7dcb387a3bf.jpg Ping g400 - Driver, 3w, 7w, 4h

PSX_20231214_192616.png.8617e3838f8e076e5f8589adeda429f0.png Mizuno CLK 5H/MP-18 irons

PSX_20231214_192537.png.23ec9b7c1971db968afd3a07d3b37884.png Edel wedges and putter

1 hour ago, Silver Fawkes said:

1. Get handicap back down to single digits.

2. Play and practice more. (I am actually taking my first golf specific trip to Myrtle Beach this March).

3. Help other golfers by posting reviews of things that I like or have actually helped me and why.

4. Take advantage of the Tonal we got last year by utilizing their golf specific workouts and yoga.

How do you like the Tonal, @Silver Fawkes? Those look pretty sweet, I must admit.

#LeftyGang

One goal feels like it is already in sight. I settled on a golf instructor for this year and signed up for his improvement plan which includes access in between lessons and discounts off of lessons and clinics. Should be good. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

On 12/13/2023 at 5:17 PM, tdroma98 said:

2024 Goals - 
TheStack Speed Training really has helped with my swing & ball striking in the last quarter of 2023.  Now will incorporate TheStack Putting training sessions, to improve putting. 

Three main goals of focus for 2024:  Hitting Par 3 greens, Putting and Mental Game.  A fourth is continued work on short game. Getting used to new wedge combinations this past year going from 56 & 60 degree wedges to 54 & 58 degrees. There was definitely a difference.  Positive, helped with closing some distance gaps.  But there is a short game adjustment.   

Putting: Made what I hope is the last piece of equipment change last week, for a while, changing putters & putter head style from blade to more of a mallet head with Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5, 34 inch length. I'm liking the feel of the golf ball vs the blade putter.

Hitting more par 3 greens - work on alignment at address.  Play the hole, be committed to the shot & put ego in the bag, take the extra club.  Learning patience is a must. 
Important to remain positive and have fun playing.  ⛳

Played my first round of 2024 on New Years Day, after 8 days of not playing, with 2024 Goals as game plan: Patience, Hit more Par 3 greens & mental approach. 

It was only the first round, but very pleased with the round.  Patience with no expectations, that was the approach.  I'll say this, I firmly believe TheStack Speed Training has helped, especially after over a week off due to illness.  The workout sessions under TheStack are great to use prior to round & for stretching prior to teeing off.  

Ball striking good!  Driving was good, much better after I changed loft from 9 degrees standard to 10 degrees with Draw bias.  10 degree loft better suits my game & swing.  So I'm leaving setting at the 10 degree for now.  Much more consistent off the tee. 

Par 3's were playing 175, 188, 203 & 212yds.  2 greens hit, one tee shot came up short for a front pin placement & the 4th par 3 just off the green. Walked away parring all 4 par 3's.  Short game was good, hit irons & 4 rescue very well. Alignment was much better. 

Greens were fast & Putting was good with new Phantom 5.5 putter.  
Had a few stinky shots with the 3 wood off the deck & one tee shot. But overall, pleased. a good mental day. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

One goal down and in the books. Swing analysis completed. Actually, two sessions to check consistency of results with a few days in between. Swinging over the top creating average out to in path of -8.2*. Face angle average of 1.7* open. 

So, work on strengthening grip and learning to swing in to out. Not sure how far I need to move the path but thinking it should be somewhere between +2-4*. 10 degrees sounds like quite lot and a bit daunting to me. If anyone has any input or can suggest 1-2 drills to help facilitate this change, I am all ears...

And so it begins...

GolfHumor.jpg.b7240e68dc3c7aab4fec4d6f2e0f766e.jpg

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

@William P if you keep your face open where it is, then you really only need to bring the path back around 8° to zero things out if that helps 😁

I leave both my path and face open so I’m working on opposites, but I guess starting your backswing towards your trail pocket and then finishing out towards “first-base/halfway-to-second” (ymmv with those analogies)

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5")
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip

-TJ

5 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

@William P if you keep your face open where it is, then you really only need to bring the path back around 8° to zero things out if that helps 😁

I leave both my path and face open so I’m working on opposites, but I guess starting your backswing towards your trail pocket and then finishing out towards “first-base/halfway-to-second” (ymmv with those analogies)

If I understand correctly, you are suggesting leaving the face open with 0* path and play baby fade? 

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

Added mine to the sheet @Jnoble89. Hope I didn't fubar it! 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

@William P that sounds like a pretty shot to me, but I’m also not someone who should probably be giving golf advice tbh 😆

I’m working on undoing those two swing thoughts that got me swinging way out +10° path.

-TJ

Added mine! I don’t normally get excited about golf this early in the year.. yano, due to Mother Nature and all. However, I’m really looking forward to this season. I have a great feeling about it!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

This year I’m going to approach goals differently. No scoring goals as I think scores will take care of themselves if I can do what I hope to this year. First of all I want to stop the negative self talk that happens when things take an unfortunate turn on the course. Secondly eliminate the self doubt the creeps in over some shots and just trust the practice I’ve put in. Lately don’t let the pro game, and the golf “gurus” influence how I play.

Id say 2023 was a success. Starting playing and within 6 months broke 100. Have shot 9 hole round good enough to break 90 so I'm very proud of where I'm currently at.

2024 goals are...

-Playing/Trusting my game not getting into my head about it

-Feeling & Controlling tempo & club head

The rest should fall into place to better understand my game once these are in a happy place

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 12*

*DRIVER TESTING CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 S 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 75 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75 S 22*

IRONMIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*