Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Want To Test a Callaway Paradym Driver? (SIGN UP CLOSED)

GolfSpy_APH

On 12/2/2023 at 2:33 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

One of the best things about our community is when a product may not work for them they pass it along. This is the case for @StrokerAce Callaway Paradym Driver. While it performed well during testing it didn't make the bag in the long run. The driver then changed hands to @GolfSpy SAM who put it head to head against his PXG. It worked well, but the comfort with the PXG was able to out perform any potential gains with the Paradym leading to more consistency and confidence with the PXG. 

Maybe third time is a charm? 

We want to find this driver a forever home! 

How to Sign Up - Unlike others where you drop your name and info in a sign up we want to switch things up a little and get those of you who are involved right now on the forum a better chance at getting your hands on this driver. Please post and share the following. 

1. Your current driver( photo included) and the story of why you are gaming it. 
2. Why we should pick you to test the driver.
3. Tell us about your best drive or driving round this season. 

The member selected will be required to do a full review on the driver and have their own placeholder post in the Paradym Driver Thread. 

*Driver specs - Callaway Paradym Standard (9*) with two shafts (Kai'Li' white XS 70g, tensei blue XS 75gs 
*We prefer those who are able to get play outdoors for this, however not a must. 
*Some geo restrictions (shipping costs falls on the tester). 

Interested in testing? Let us know below!y

What a great offer. Where else do you see where testing has been completed, and turn over to additional people to see if it may work better. That MGS is what sets you apart.  Too bad it doesn’t come with a senior shaft as I officially put my TaylorMade SIM into the time out corner following yesterday’s disastrous round.  Good luck

Using Cure CX3 putter

2 minutes ago, PJVicary said:

What a great offer. Where else do you see where testing has been completed, and turn over to additional people to see if it may work better. That MGS is what sets you apart.  Too bad it doesn’t come with a senior shaft as I officially put my TaylorMade SIM into the time out corner following yesterday’s disastrous round.  Good luck

As I have said to others, not hard to find a senior shaft or spend a bit to make it work!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Sorry, I misunderstood the offer. I thought it meant testing it with either of the two XS shafts mentioned. I have a half dozen or so shafts that would work. Please count me in for the opportunity to test. Thanks for letting me know Tony. 

My TM Sim driver 12.5 with a Talamonti shaft has found itself permanently shelved due to non performance. It feels like you are hitting a jello ball with a head made of shaving cream. Ball reacts with a limp pop fly to second base with the fans hiding their heads laughing. It’s so time for a change. 

IMG_1452.jpeg

IMG_1453.jpeg

Edited by PJVicary
Description and photos.

Using Cure CX3 putter

It's such a cool opportunity that the forum offers. I am currently gaming the paradigm and loving it! I will be excited to hear how others fair with it. 

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

I would love to try a new driver. I bought a used Ping 425 max driver when the Ping 430 came out. It is much better than the Ping G2 driver I played for 15 years. I would love a chance to play this Callaway Driver

Ping 425 max driver

Ping 425 hybrid 3 and 5

Mizuno JPX 900 forged 4-9

Vokey SM9 52,48

Mizuno 55 sand wedge - bounce 12

Ping G2 putter

I am currently using a Cobra KING SpeedZone Xtreme 9* with a Stiff Flex HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60 Shaft.  I really like this club and usually hit pretty well with it.  I have always liked the looks of the Cobra's and had a Cobra F6 before this club.  My only real complaint that I have is I really don't care for the grip, but just haven't had an opportunity to change it out.  I hit the ball pretty consistent with this club but it is a few years old.  

I would love to test this against my Cobra.  I have a Skytrak simulator in my garage that gets lots of use during the winter months.  I would love to compare the data and would give an honest review.  I haven't really tried any other brands of clubs and think this would be a great opportunity to do so. 

My best drive of the year came when we were having a pre-wedding day golf outing.  We were doing a three person scramble and I was playing with one of the best players out of the entire group.  Up until this one hole my drives were not finding the fairway and this par 4 was a straight shot.  I get up there and figure I am just going to let this one rip.  I hit an absolute laser right on the green, 305 yards and we make the eagle.  After that, I was flying high and we ended up winning by 4 strokes.  I am a quite a bit older than all of my friends and love how I can raz them when I out drive them.

Thanks for the opportunity and good luck to everyone else.   

image.png.c919f04f9645645468876dfb8d044cf8.png

Trifecta

This is an awesome concept. I’ve actually never tried a callaway driver. Played taylormade for years and currently playing Titleist TSi3 that I got fit for while on a golf trip about 3 years ago. Guess I should start being more active in here? 🤔

Tom C

On 12/2/2023 at 1:33 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

One of the best things about our community is when a product may not work for them they pass it along. This is the case for @StrokerAce Callaway Paradym Driver. While it performed well during testing it didn't make the bag in the long run. The driver then changed hands to @GolfSpy SAM who put it head to head against his PXG. It worked well, but the comfort with the PXG was able to out perform any potential gains with the Paradym leading to more consistency and confidence with the PXG. 

How to Sign Up - Unlike others where you drop your name and info in a sign up we want to switch things up a little and get those of you who are involved right now on the forum a better chance at getting your hands on this driver. Please post and share the following. 

The member selected will be required to do a full review on the driver and have their own placeholder post in the Paradym Driver Thread. 

*Driver specs - Callaway Paradym Standard (9*) with two shafts (Kai'Li' white XS 70g, tensei blue XS 75gs 
*We prefer those who are able to get play outdoors for this, however not a must. 

Interested in testing? Let us know below!

How awesome! First time seeing something like this and is a great way to reach those who participate. Unfortunately an XS is way out of my range! Good luck to whoever gets it!

:nike-small: Sasquatch Sumo 2

LaJolla (LJC Golf) Tungsteel 3w

:mizuno-small: TZoid 5w

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW irons

:vokey-small: 53* & 58* Wedges

:odyssey-small: Lab Stroke 2 Ball Fang

:srixon-small: Z-Star balls

:Arccos: Tags

Current driver, Titleist TSR 3 10 degree.

I’ve had a  Titleist driver for the last 5 years, reason for using it, my buddy had one and I hit it a few times and was slightly converted from Taylormade. When I was an assistant pro I staffed with Callaway and had the FT9 driver, loved that one but my another buddy started working for Taylormade as a VP so I got great deals from him. 
Blue is my favorite color and I love the look of the Callaway driver but to purchase one soon after getting the TSR made no sense. 
I live in AZ so golf all year round and I’m a member of two men’s clubs so I play tons of tournaments plus casual play so I feel I could give it a thorough testing. 
If successful I would love to try with the Kai'Li' white XS 70g.  Many thanks for the opportunity. 

IMG_1700.jpeg

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

Current Driver is Callaway Rogue LS Triple Diamond, with a white Atmos Tour Spec 65  shaft.

Finally got fitted for a driver 2 years ago, made a huge difference so this is why i play it.  Allows me to work the ball more than my old RBZ and get about 5-10 more yards on average miss hits.  

Best drive was during this summer in Houston after 3 months of no rain, wind at my back with a huge draw onto a dry fairway, left myself a 9I into a par 5 i usually hit about a 6I into.  

IMG_5940.jpg

IMG_5939.jpg

Ill throw my hat into the ring. If it doesn't work out this is still a great opportunity for a lucky forum member. 

1. Current driver is a Sub70 849D that I got in the spring of 2022. After gaming my previous set of clubs for 15+ years, I told my wife it was time for me to upgrade. After telling her about Sub70 as well as the budget price, she agreed. I scheduled an in person fitting and traveled from Minneapolis down to their fitting studio where their fitter put me in this driver. Compared to my previous driver, this one is more forgiving and longer distance. Still working through my own swing to be more consistent but I've been able to keep more balls in play with this driver than my previous one.

2. Why should you pick me. I know I am still new to the review game especially when looking at my profile (trying to get more active not that work is calming down again) but I think it would be great for me to put this up against my Sub70 and see the difference in my game with these 2 relatively different drivers. Not to mention I do love the look of these Paradym drivers. 

3. My best drive that I can think of would be last year on my 30th birthday, my wife threw me a party and with everyone that showed up, we started the party with a 9 hole scramble at a local course. The 3rd hole in is a dog leg right, I stepped up and hit one of the cleanest drives I have hit. With a small breeze coming from the back and a little baby fade, my gps watch tracked that shot to about 280 and put us in perfect placement for a straight shot into the green. Pretty sure I chunked my next shot and my partners don't really play golf so I think we still ended with a bogey but still not better feeling than a drive that works out the way you want it, even if it is few and far between.

Unfortunately, since I do live in MN, we are in winter now so outdoor play will not be available but I do have a few places near my house that have simulators, one of them being trackman, that i would use to be able to get side by side data between the two drivers. 

In any case, thank you for the consideration and I know no matter what, this driver will go to the right person. Good luck everyone!

IMG_3058.jpeg

Driver: sub70.png.745ab1b4aca87149ac2ff24116ab08c1.png 849D 10.5*

Hybrid: sub70.png.745ab1b4aca87149ac2ff24116ab08c1.png 939x 21*

Irons: sub70.png.745ab1b4aca87149ac2ff24116ab08c1.png 699 Pro (5i-AW)

Wedge: sub70.png.745ab1b4aca87149ac2ff24116ab08c1.png JB Full Groove 56*

Putter: sub70.png.745ab1b4aca87149ac2ff24116ab08c1.png 004 Mallet

Callaway and Taylormade are the top two the best innovating golf companies and I have been using Taylormade for the past 2 years. I'd love to test and compare Callaway Paradym and see if any improvements. I'll be brutally honest if I get picked. 

Juro Kiyama

1 hour ago, Mulligan09 said:

Is there something wrong with the link?  I only get page 2 of the sign up form

What link?   You provide the information that was requested within this thread.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, Bonneaustein said:

New to site. Looking forward to equipment testing.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/61746-mygolfspy-forum-how-to-be-a-tester-guide/

Give this a look and it will certainly help fast track you to becoming a tester. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I was actually about to enter this and then reading more about the ball rollback backed out. If I am gonna lose 5-7 yards or more with the new balls I certainly can't also have that with a head that will likely spin more than my gamer costing me more, despite the forgiveness. Good luck to all that are given a chance.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I'm playing a Callaway Edge from a costco complete set. My best drive this year was 248 distance on a late November round at Rackham golf course in Huntington Woods, MI.

I've been practicing with lag shot driver and the SC4 launch monitor shows my swing speed increasing from mid to high 80s to a new high of 93 mph.

If really like to try a step up in driver and see how my high handicap game can improve. 

20231205_101750.jpg

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

34 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

I was actually about to enter this and then reading more about the ball rollback backed out. If I am gonna lose 5-7 yards or more with the new balls I certainly can't also have that with a head that will likely spin more than my gamer costing me more, despite the forgiveness. Good luck to all that are given a chance.

New ball doesn't come into effect for 6 years. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

New ball doesn't come into effect for 6 years. 

man i feel dumb. thanks Jamie

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I am currently using a Cobra Amp Cell Silver Driver 10.5 with a Fujikura Fuel 60g Stiff graphite shaft. I have been using this driver since my grandparents got it for me as a birthday gift in 2013. I grew up playing with my grandpa, but by 2013 he couldn't make it out to play anymore and passed away in 2014. I plan on keeping this and passing it down to my son whenever I do upgrade. I have wanted to upgrade for a while, and have tried out some of my buddies newer drivers, but I haven't had the budget (3 kids born in the last 6 years).

I am finally getting the the point where I can play 2-3 times a month now, and I know that doesn't seem like much, but I used to only play 5-6 times a year. I have noticed that my biggest deficiency is accuracy off the tee, and while it's not major, 1/3 of my drives will slice just to the right rough of the fairway on my local course. I know a new club isn't the only answer, and I need to fix my swing to lessen my slice, but I also know a newer, more forgiving driver couldn't hurt!

My best drive this year was on a 340 yard par 4. It's pretty straight, and ends on a down hill slope into the green from about 75 yards out. Normally I land it on the flat part and don't get much of a roll. This time, however, I got lucky and caught a sprinkler head! It hit directly on the sprinkler head and cleared the hill I usually land on, got a nice kick down the slope, and rolled right on the the green about 20 feet from the pin. I have never been more excited to wait while my buddies hit so I could get up to see where my shot ended up!

Cobra Amp.jpg

• Cobra AMP Cell Driver
  • Cobra Aerojet 3 Wood
  • Cobra LTDx 3 Hybrid
  • Cobra LTDx 5-GW Irons
  • Tour Edge 52,56, 60
  • Odyssey White Hot #4

1. Current driver is the Callaway x2hot. I got it when my last driver broke in 2014. It's served me very well since. I like the way a Callaway driver feels and it's been very reliable for me since I got it. 

2. My current gamer matches the spec very well and although I am playing a stiff shaft I have been fitted for xs irons so I may be playing a driving shaft which I've outgrown. I play every week on a links course in the North west of Ireland. Its got 2 championship courses and the demand on being a good driver is high. 

3. My best driving round this season was winning the club Matchplay championship. I hit all fairways in regulation and it set me up to score well. 

PXL_20231205_180505709.jpg

PXL_20231205_180456034.jpg

PXL_20231205_180447811.jpg

Links_golfer

I would love the oppurtunity to do this if given the chance. Currently I am at work, but can get a picture when I get home, but in the meantime I will answer some of these questions now. 

1. I currently use a Taylormade Sim Max D at a 9.5 degree loft setting, the shaft is a Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 60gs. The reason I play this driver is becasue during Covid I bought a M6 Draw driver from Dickssporting goods. This was my first brand new club and one that I paid for out of my own pocket. I was so excited for a new club even though I waited until the Sim came out to buy it. I did that so I could afford a demo one. With in a year and a half the carbon fiber broke, and I called and asked Taylormade what my options were. They instructed me to take it back to Dicks Sporting Goods and work a warrenty claim. By this time the M6 Draw was not being manufactured anymore, and they sent the Taylormade Sim Max Draw. This driver has been good to me, but as I get better I am noticing I no longer need the draw bias as much. 

2. To be honest, I do not know know why you should pick me, except that I will love the driver and give it a good home. I can also say that I will do whatever is asked of me as a review and anything else that will be needed. I would love an oppurntunity, but also understand everything that goes into these decisions. So thank you for all that the leadership group does and support that is given to this forum.

3. This year has been a year of growth for me, I have seen my handicap drop from a 26 to 18.8, and I believe its been becasue of my swing thoughts and practice. One of the biggest contributors of this has been driver play. Before this year most of my drives would be a wonderful sweeping slice, and not that I am working the ball more to the fairway and using a baby draw, the drives are carrying further as well as striaghter. For example, I had been practicing for 3 months without playing aroudn with anyone. One day a buddy of mine asked if I would like to play RTJ River course here in Huntsville. The first hole is a par 5, with water to the left and trees to the right, it has a slight dog leg to the right. To get the best second shot, you have to take it towrds the water or around a tree that is hugging the right side of the fairway about 200 from the tee box. Up until this year, I have not been able to get a good tee shot and have been short of the tree or in the woods to the right and have to play a drop somewhere. This drive ended up being the best drive I had ever hit, and hit a sweet draw about 250 and put it in the middle of the fairway. I was able to have a perfect shot looking at the green, and ended up making birdie on the hole. I was so excited, and continued to hit 13 fairways that day and ended up being my buddy by 5 strokes. It was by fair the best driving day I had ever had up until that point. I was super excited to see the progress, and am no longer scared to hit the driver. The latter part of the season has been a great driving season as well.  

Again thank you for the oppurntunities to be able to test things, and all that this group offers! I have loved being apart and learning more about the game, products, and friendship this game produces. 

Samuel Hanvey