Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Opinions Needed! Sun Day Red

it will be another overpriced apparel line that only the Tiger fanboys will purchase.  I like the tiger logo but get rid of the SUN DAY... that's just stupid looking... shorten it to SDR or something

Driver: 9° TM SIM2 | Ventus VeloCore Black 6S

3W: 15° Titleist TS3 | Fubuki 75x5ct

2H: 17° TM SIM DHY | Diamana HY75-S

3H: 19° TM SIM DHY | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: TM M3 4-AW | DT XP100 S300

Wedge: SM8 54° 12D W Flex

Putter(s): Cameron Futura 5S | TM Stingray Ghost ST-74

3 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I'm a discount clothes shopper. I don't care about brand as much as I do comfort. I want good quality but not at $60-100.

I'm in the $10-30 range and try buying at the lower end. 

I see a ton of Greg Norman shirts in goodwill, some even with retail tags on them. They may not be the most vibrant shirts, but they are comfortable! (and at $3-5 each, a steal!)  The other brand I see alot of is the PGA Tour brand polos. They are not as lightweight,  but are comfortable. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

3 hours ago, OdinSnipes414 said:

Shoot I’ve seen guys wearing doughnuts and cats with lasers and ducks doing the nasty on the golf course!

For me, this is pretty high in the running of sentence examples that best illustrate the importance of proper comma punctuation. I won’t go into details about the imagery that briefly flashed through my head after the first read but it was the stuff of nightmares.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Done. TW is the ultimate golf influencer. His clothing brand grew from design and quality. Why not rebrand and fill closets with NEW items.
Logo is unique and will become easily identifiable. Makes perfect brand sense. 

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

I guess I was just expecting something more and different from Tiger.  The logo is just another play on Puma and Slaz and the floating letters seem odd as well.  I really liked the TW logo so figured there would be something similar or another play off of that.  Just underwhelmed for the most famous modern golfer.

4 hours ago, Fongle said:

The Taylormade CEO rattled off some nonsense about the "rule of 3's" and it being “Born from a love for being outside in the sun, the joy of playing golf during the day, and a special red being the brand’s power color "

Honestly sounds like contrived tripe to me. That space in the word has possibly cut the initial sales targets in half at least, because everywhere I see people talking about it, people hate it, myself included. Also, the logo looks like a bad Tiger-themed knockoff of Greg's shark logo to me.

They did all of this to cover up that they went forward with the name before securing the trademark. Sunday Red is owned by an Earnest Rey since 2008. Tiger and team would not be allowed to use this without the owners approval, which was not given. https://trademarks.justia.com/775/10/sunday-77510191.html

Driver:   Srixon ZX7 w/GD Tour VR X 60g w/ Midsize ZCord

5W: TM Rocketballz RBZ with kai'li White X 60g w/ White VTC Cords

3-6 : PING iBlades DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords

7-PW: PING Blueprints DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords 

Wedges: TM MG3 52, 56, 58 DG S300 w/ White VTC Cords

Putter: Scotty Cameron Del-Mar 35" w/ Dancing Scotty Golf Pride Grip

I'm okay with the logo, but not crazy about the brand name. I have not seen enough merchandise to say one way or another whether I wound purchase any items. I'm going to give it some time before I give it a thumbs up or down.

image.png.5625559136a019f2b2426159aa7262d1.png

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

somebody get the "Tiger" cat a cheeseburger...

image.png.7fdf6fa8633bb2e406aae426701f6040.png

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

8 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

See the Sun Day Red tiger is jumping the other way -signifying breaking trends, going against the grain and taking their own path. Not conforming with everyone else!

/s/

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Just now, GolfSpy_APH said:

See the Sun Day Red tiger is jumping the other way -signifying breaking trends, going against the grain and taking their own path. Not conforming with everyone else!

/s/

kinda like a left handed golfer!  🤣

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 minute ago, StrokerAce said:

kinda like a left handed golfer!  🤣

Shhh.... Be nice 🙂

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

/s/

I can't help but hate the way every time we refer to the brand we have to now separate Sunday to Sun Day...🤮

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

33 minutes ago, Jim C said:

RED shirt Friday- Remember Everyone Deployed.  End of conversation.

Exactly!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I’m too lazy to go back and quote, but someone mentioned Norman’s Shark logo. It is similar and it wouldn’t surprise me if the brand had a similar faith. I believe in 20 years Sun Day Red will be at Costco for a fraction of the price, and it will be worn by my uncle who doesn’t play or cares about golf. That’s if the partnership lasts that long. 

• Driver Cobra Radspeed 10.5. Stiff HZRDS Smoke Yellow
  • 3W Cabra F8+ 14.5
  • 5W Cobra F8+ 17.5
  • Irons TM RocketBladez 4i-P
  • Wedges Kirkland Signature 52@50, 56@55, and 60
  • Putter KS1

26 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Ya know, a stalking tiger would have been a nice change of pace.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

slazenger.png.866fee2ca7e76dbb9bb932c92ef93754.png

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

1 hour ago, downlowkey said:

For me, this is pretty high in the running of sentence examples that best illustrate the importance of proper comma punctuation. I won’t go into details about the imagery that briefly flashed through my head after the first read but it was the stuff of nightmares.

The joys of toilet typing!

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

Funny enough, this is something that I have been pondering the second I heard Tiger was leaving Nike. Honestly, I don’t know if he left Nike because they may be going out of the golf, segment completely? Or was it a decision that he was forced to make? What I do know is this, Nike has been very, very good to Tiger Woods. He and his family has made millions with Nike. As Nike has made off of the Tiger Woods name. But truth be told, I buy Nike for Nike. I do not buy Nike because of Tiger Woods. 

Will, I go out of my way to buy a hat or polo because it has the Tiger Woods branding on it? I haven’t yet, why start now? Especially, if the price point will be that of a highly sought and manufactured product. I’m reminded of the expensive sneakers that drop for retail and are sold on the resale market for three and four times the price. I am in my 40s now. Not some I have the bandwidth to chase.

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

6 hours ago, "Mr. 72" said:

Is there an official explanation why Sunday is two words?

The logo smells of a now older guy trying to stay relevant with a younger generation. 

Weak!  No zing

On 2/20/2024 at 11:01 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I use a 10-finger for all my woods but interlocking for hybrids and irons. I've been doing this for at least 10 years, and it works for me. Totally not the norm by any means but I have the most consistency using this approach. I have medium sized hands but longer fingers. At the end of the day, it is what works best for you, your hand and finger size, and comfort. If you are putting too much pressure on your fingers with an interlock, then over time your finger joints will start to hurt. Also keep in mind grip size really matters. Get fit for proper grip size for your hands! I have longer fingers, so I fit best into a mid-size grip. This now allows me to interlock with the irons. An interlocking grip with a standard grip size (for me) allows the club to twist if I don't over grip. Over gripping results in poor shot control.  

Some things to watch out for using a 10-finger grip. 

1) Make sure your hands stay connected. No gaps between the hands on the club. 

2) If you are right-handed make sure your left hand / arm is pulling the club through impact. Pushing the club through with the right hand/arm which is dominant for right hangers can lead to some unwanted results.

Sorry, I don't have a google acct.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

SDR has grown on me but still on the fence if I ever buy anything but the hoodies and hats are way better than the red polo. 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

I'm sure someone put a lot of thought into the logo, but I feel they missed the mark. Not for me. I do like to wear comfortable name brand golf clothing, but I am frugal with the amount of money I spend on them. TJ Max, Ross, Marshalls all have name brands for a fraction of the price. I'll take the savings and go play golf. One tiger shirt is two rounds of golf with a beverage and a hot dog.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

51 minutes ago, CB Lobo 4 Life said:

I can't help but hate the way every time we refer to the brand we have to now separate Sunday to Sun Day...🤮

This is honestly one of my biggest gripes lol

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I'll not buy it unless it's at a discount. I've only ever bought one clothing item for golf that was full price and that was a polo in Germany at the golf course there. Everything else I've found in the clearance sections of Beal's in Florida or at Dick's Outlet here in Virginia Beach. I also find the loud styles that most people don't want to wear at those places because those are always there until they get discounted even more. I bought 4 shirts, and 3 pairs of shorts from Dick's outlet and paid a grand total of 65 bucks because it was out of season. If I find those items there for discounted prices, I'll probably buy them. But I won't pay full price for them.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

I see a ton of Greg Norman shirts in goodwill, some even with retail tags on them. They may not be the most vibrant shirts, but they are comfortable! (and at $3-5 each, a steal!)  The other brand I see alot of is the PGA Tour brand polos. They are not as lightweight,  but are comfortable. 

I'm a clearance polo shopper. I hate how expensive polos have become. Callaway has had some really good clearance deals so once or twice a year, I'll raid their clearance sale. I also keep my polos for a long time. I have some 10 year old Under Armour and Nike polos.

I also don't care about celebrity brands or who is wearing what. Why would I care that someone is being paid to wear a certain brand, given free clothes to wear by the brand, or wearing their own brand?

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS

3 Wood: :PXG: Gen 5 0311XF 

Hybrid: :PXG: Gen 5 0311 XF 22 degree

Irons: :PXG: 2022 XCOR2 0211 5-GW

Wedges: :taylormade-small: R Series 54° & 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small:

2023 Test: ⌚Garmin Approach S70 47mm

i believe the gloves in various colors will be a gold mine for TM. Stand out from the stupidly uniform white on store racks. Hats and head covers will be profitable with Tiger faithful. From my experience in my last career in golf retail management, Mr Woods has a loyal following among a small percentage of golfers who don’t care about price points or fashion trends, in particular outside the US

Tony Penna Putter

Akira 58 wedge, orig graphite stiff for irons

PRGR ID Nabla forged tour irons 5-P weak

Adams 5 hybrid UST Proforce Hybrid Stiff

Callaway UW17,19 Hazardous Smoke RDX S

PXG Gen 5 0311 10.5, Hazardous Smoke RDX