Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

11 hours ago, Dweed said:

Watched 3 grandboys (3,8,11) for the past 3 days and nights. Totally burned out with, "what are we going to do next". Managed to play 9 today. Shot 40 but felt sore and stiff all over. Getting too old.

Seems there may be more than you realize that feel the same after some time of busy activities in our schedules, but the most important factor is you still got out, and most likely enjoyed all the time with the boys and the course. 😎

No one ever said getting old is for the weak. Moderation seems to be the key word to aging. 😎  

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

After a spring of struggling with my irons and hitting driver unpredictably, I had a great (for me) round in a season-long match play tournament last night, scoring just off my best for the course.  It seems my 6yo daughter's weekly junior golf clinic is paying greater dividends for my game than perhaps hers, as it forces me to get some range time in.  

Won the match 3&2 with a birdie (net eagle) on 16.  My opponent was great company for the walk (despite the oppressive heat) and gracious in defeat.

These are the rounds that keep me coming back for more!

IMG_6059.jpg

Driver:ping-small: G410 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 55 R
Woods:taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3W, :ping-small: G425 Max 5W - Alta CB R
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx Pro 4-Pw, UST Recoil 780 ES SW F4
Wedges:  Ben Hogan Equalizer II - 50* (Tx Grind), 56*, 60*
Putter:  Mizzuno M Craft OMOI 02 Blue Ion
Ball:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Sunday was a full day of fun but started out with 18 holes at the local Muni course that has 3 9 holes course. The Hamptons consist of The Lengths(109/32.6), The Woods(115/33.1), & The Lakes(123/35.2). I consider The Lakes to be a little under rated as most don't shoot as good as they would think but anyhow... 91 being my best round of 18 and the front 44 being my best round of 9. I have been trying to clean up my entire game between penalties, and just all around "safer" shots instead of the hero game. I've noticed chipping and putting I tend to come up short with worry of passing the pin so once I'm over that mental hurdle I think I can snag a few more 1 putts

Slowly getting to the goal of breaking 90!

Do have a question for MGS... If you shoot 90 on a par 72 course and 90 on a par 71 course is it the same? Curious how people see this

IMG_7322.jpeg IMG_7323.jpeg

Edited by JAYER38

DRIVER  CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65-S 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75-S 15*

SUPER HYBRID CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Super Hybrid w/ UST Recoil DART 75-S 18*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75-S 22*

IRONMIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 5i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105-S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115-W 48*/52*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

Check out my Tests...

40 minutes ago, JAYER38 said:

Do have a question for MGS... If you shoot 90 on a par 72 course and 90 on a par 71 course is it the same? Curious how people see this

IMO, a 90 is a 90 and no different than a tour player shooting 59 on a par 70, 71, or 72.   It is still a 59.    I know some see it differently,  but if I ever achieve my goal of breaking 70 I don’t care what the ratings or par is for the course.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Headed down to Orange Beach, AL this week and we're staying close by Kiva Dunes.  We've got a tee time booked and I for one am excited.  Anyone have any insight on how big of a problem a recent case of the snappy turtles will be down there? lol

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ w/ Tesnsei White X flex

Fairway - Taylormade Sim 2 Ti 3W HZRDUS X flex

Irons - Srixon ZX7 - 4 - PW Nippon Tour 120 S flex

Wedges - Cleveland RTX 50* - Titleist SM7 55* - Sub 70 JA 60*

Putter - Nike Method 001

Ball - Srixon Z Star

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

IMO, a 90 is a 90 and no different than a tour player shooting 59 on a par 70, 71, or 72.   It is still a 59.    I know some see it differently,  but if I ever achieve my goal of breaking 70 I don’t care what the ratings or par is for the course.  

agree! your score is your score - whether it's par 69 or 72, whether it's from the front tees or the tips. you still have to hit the ball and make the putts.

if you decide to try the front tees in a quest to break 90 and you shoot 89 there shouldn't be an asterisk, just like there shouldn't be one if you do it from the back tees. golf is hard; be proud of yourself.

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

So, I went to Edisto Beach for some vacation with the fam. Due to several reasons, I did not bring my clubs. Even though we were literally staying between holes 7&8 on the plantation course. The wife and I decided that we would just rent clubs. I got a mixed set with mostly RBZ stuff. So the set wasn't terrible but it wasn't fitted for sure. I'm not good enough to adjust my swing for the club on the fly. I gotta spend some time with new clubs to get to know them. My wife does not care what she uses. She's just there to have fun, donate some balls back to the course and have a few drinks. I played terribly. But, I had a lot of fun. I didn't even break 90. Playing from the forward tees, it was hard to use driver for most of the holes. The course has some pretty hard turns and with unfamiliar clubs, I don't like the idea of sending the ball where I can't see. I did get some record lengths out of the 5 hybrid they gave me. My normal 5 iron is right in the 190-195 range. This hybrid went like 215 with a really pretty fade(I don't hit fades by the way). I overshot some fairways and greens before I figured out I could back off about a club to a club and a half. And then I decided to top about 4 shots in a row. I could've just used the putter that entire hole since that's what I was doing anyway. We got some great pics though. It was a beautiful course. And on the plus side, we laughed a lot. I even made the marshal laugh with the luckiest shot in the world. I started my tee shot off with a draw 6 iron starting off way too far right and through a small break in the tree branches. It landed clean in the fairway so it looked cool. I guess the point is, even the worst round I've had in a while turned out to be a pretty good day.  Also, I will be figuring out how to bring my clubs from here on out. I looked into ship sticks pricing and it's not the worst. So I may try them. Or packing less stuff for the rest of the vacation.

Driver - Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 9 degree @ 44.5"

3 wood - Cobra LTDx max 

5 wood - Cobra LTDx

Taylormade P770 4-PW

Mizuno S22 wedges - 50, 54 and 58

Putter - Odyssey white hot OG 1

1 hour ago, JAYER38 said:

Sunday was a full day of fun but started out with 18 holes at the local Muni course that has 3 9 holes course. The Hamptons consist of The Lengths(109/32.6), The Woods(115/33.1), & The Lakes(123/35.2). I consider The Lakes to be a little under rated as most don't shoot as good as they would think but anyhow... 91 being my best round of 18 and the front 44 being my best round of 9. I have been trying to clean up my entire game between penalties, and just all around "safer" shots instead of the hero game. I've noticed chipping and putting I tend to come up short with worry of passing the pin so once I'm over that mental hurdle I think I can snag a few more 1 putts

Slowly getting to the goal of breaking 90!

IMG_7322.jpeg IMG_7323.jpeg

10 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

agree! your score is your score - whether it's par 69 or 72, whether it's from the front tees or the tips. you still have to hit the ball and make the putts.

if you decide to try the front tees in a quest to break 90 and you shoot 89 there shouldn't be an asterisk, just like there shouldn't be one if you do it from the back tees. golf is hard; be proud of yourself.

Golf is incredibly difficult. I don't think the level of difficulty gets enough credit. I could not agree more with @StrokerAce. I don't think this gets said enough. Your score is your score. It does not change. You should be proud of the little victories as much as the big ones. I have no asterisks as far as I'm concerned. I don't care what tee box set it was from.  I can say though, that there is a thing as playing too safe. I always look at it like this. I plan the shot I know I can hit because I've done it before. Whether or not it's executed is a different story. I gotta deal with that part. But, for the time being, I plan on making the shot happen. If I know I can hit a tight little draw to 158 with my 8 iron, and I have 160 to go, that's my plan. But I know when I'm not good enough to attack a pin if it's in a goofy spot. I just go mid green and plan a two putt. That's just my two pennies worth of thinking anyway. 

Driver - Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 9 degree @ 44.5"

3 wood - Cobra LTDx max 

5 wood - Cobra LTDx

Taylormade P770 4-PW

Mizuno S22 wedges - 50, 54 and 58

Putter - Odyssey white hot OG 1

Went out Sunday at a new course to me, The Links at Challendon.  Great fun course! Wasn't expecting much as my game has been in the toilet lately, but surprisingly, all facets of my game was working.  39 on the front and stumbled a bit on the back not knowing the course but still shot a respectable 42 for an 81!  Surprised myself.  Now let's see if it holds up for the next few months during league 😄 

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1x / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: Titan Elite

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Current MyGolfSpy Review - Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64979-testers-announced-precision-pro-titan-elite/?do=findComment&comment=1082733

4 hours ago, GreenSlayer6 said:

Headed down to Orange Beach, AL this week and we're staying close by Kiva Dunes.  We've got a tee time booked and I for one am excited.  Anyone have any insight on how big of a problem a recent case of the snappy turtles will be down there? lol

Nice area. It's got quite a bit of them, and from what I've heard they are roaming more in the morning times. Don't try to retrieve any balls !

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

14 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I was having a not terrible, but not great round in league last night with some mediocre tee balls and a couple unlucky breaks when I stepped to the 8th tee. Disaster ensued. Flared drive into the woods right. I do not really have a shot for my 3rd and my choices were to try to aim short/left of the green and hope it ends up in decent shape or hit a 170-ish yard punch to stay below the trees. I decide to hit a normal shot short/left, but I push it a bit into the trees which grabs the ball and takes it right back into the penalty area. Cannot get a club on the ball so take yet another penalty on the hole and am still left with about another 100-yard punch. Not super effective shot, but I'm back in the fairway about 50 yards out. Pitch it about 30 feet past the hole and 3-putt for a freakin' 9. I ended up with a 47 (+12).  If this keeps up, be on the look-out for a fire sale on my clubs in the BST.

If there is anything to be encouraged about from the way I've played the last month, it's that I don't feel like it can get any worse and I am in the mid-40's. In prior years, all the blow-up rounds were low-50's. How's that for polishing a turd?

Sorry you had a blow up hole! Do you recognize any contributing factors that could be corrected to mitigate it next time?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

20 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Had a very strange day of golf yesterday. Played 36 with 18 in the morning at a course that barely reaches 6000 and another in the evening that was playing 6500. My morning round went 3 over on the front with a bad double on a par 3. The back 9 was a mess, took two doubles and a quad. Finished with an 86 for the round,  was severely worried about my evening round because that course was tighter and my strokes gained off the tee was -6.4. Off the tee did not improve much finishing the round with -5.7. However, I chipped and putted out of my mind, +1.2 strokes gained chipping, had 9 attempts and got up and down 8 times. The reason I was able to get up and down so much though was my putting, of my 11 putts inside 15 feet I made 9 of them which equated to a +3.1 strokes gained putting. Finished the round with a 79, overall just a day where golf was going to golf.

Great turnaround!!

2 minutes ago, Dan Yates said:

This is a few days late, but playing my home course Gettysburg National last Friday after work I met up with my two regular golfing buddies Caleb and Tyler - brothers who get out at least 1-2x a week.  The starter had me go off the back on my own while the boys were running late, and I played okay - three bogeys and birdied 18 after striping a 5 iron to the front of the green on the par 5 finishing hole.  Meeting up with them on the front I started with a 3-putt bogey on the straightaway par 4 #1, parred the short par 4 #2, and they struggled a little.  It all changed on #3.  When I start on the front, how I play the first 3 holes at GN tends to set the tone for that round, but beginning on the back I was loose and had the green speed down. I hit first on 3, playing 163 with the setting sun directly behind the flag and a slight breeze into us, I hit my 7-iron on a pretty good line at the left edge of the guarding trap in the front with a touch more draw than I planned, but plenty of distance to get there.  I was blind trying to see the ball but Tyler was spotting and said, “looks pretty good - good line… REALLY good line!  Going right at it!” But because of the slope of the green and sun, we couldn’t see it.  It hasn’t rained in 2 weeks so I figured it probably rolled off the back.  Caleb hit next and also fired one right at the pin that looked better than mine, and Tyler thought it stopped right next to the cup!  Tyler flew the green into the back trap.  As we walked up I wasn’t that excited - Caleb wasn’t either.  But the closer we got we started looking for a third ball and couldn’t see it.  There was a ball 3” inches from the cup, and Tyler’s beached shot, then Caleb and I looked at each other as if to say, “maybe you?” We fast stepped to the pin and Caleb called the ball by the pin was his, and I didn’t see a ball behind the green.  He just looked at me and kind of smiled/shrugged, and I looked down and mine was in the cup.  Pretty cool.  Managed to mostly hold it together for the rest of the round and finished with a 37 on the front, for a 75 plus my 3rd ace.  Too bad the bar was already closed - I owe the boys a few next time we play.  I’m practicing to play in the PA Senior Amateur in early Aug and while I wasn’t super happy with most of the round, that gave me a little boost of confidence to do that and shoot 75 while kind of scratching it out.IMG_3830.jpeg.daf9518efe85a2f5a846fb974e0ee520.jpeg

Congratulations on the 3rd ace!!!

22 minutes ago, Dan Yates said:

This is a few days late, but playing my home course Gettysburg National last Friday after work I met up with my two regular golfing buddies Caleb and Tyler - brothers who get out at least 1-2x a week.  The starter had me go off the back on my own while the boys were running late, and I played okay - three bogeys and birdied 18 after striping a 5 iron to the front of the green on the par 5 finishing hole.  Meeting up with them on the front I started with a 3-putt bogey on the straightaway par 4 #1, parred the short par 4 #2, and they struggled a little.  It all changed on #3.  When I start on the front, how I play the first 3 holes at GN tends to set the tone for that round, but beginning on the back I was loose and had the green speed down. I hit first on 3, playing 163 with the setting sun directly behind the flag and a slight breeze into us, I hit my 7-iron on a pretty good line at the left edge of the guarding trap in the front with a touch more draw than I planned, but plenty of distance to get there.  I was blind trying to see the ball but Tyler was spotting and said, “looks pretty good - good line… REALLY good line!  Going right at it!” But because of the slope of the green and sun, we couldn’t see it.  It hasn’t rained in 2 weeks so I figured it probably rolled off the back.  Caleb hit next and also fired one right at the pin that looked better than mine, and Tyler thought it stopped right next to the cup!  Tyler flew the green into the back trap.  As we walked up I wasn’t that excited - Caleb wasn’t either.  But the closer we got we started looking for a third ball and couldn’t see it.  There was a ball 3” inches from the cup, and Tyler’s beached shot, then Caleb and I looked at each other as if to say, “maybe you?” We fast stepped to the pin and Caleb called the ball by the pin was his, and I didn’t see a ball behind the green.  He just looked at me and kind of smiled/shrugged, and I looked down and mine was in the cup.  Pretty cool.  Managed to mostly hold it together for the rest of the round and finished with a 37 on the front, for a 75 plus my 3rd ace.  Too bad the bar was already closed - I owe the boys a few next time we play.  I’m practicing to play in the PA Senior Amateur in early Aug and while I wasn’t super happy with most of the round, that gave me a little boost of confidence to do that and shoot 75 while kind of scratching it out.IMG_3830.jpeg.daf9518efe85a2f5a846fb974e0ee520.jpeg

Congrats on the Ace!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

18 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Sorry you had a blow up hole! Do you recognize any contributing factors that could be corrected to mitigate it next time?

Other than needing to stop flaring drives....

I have improved my course management pretty dramatically over the last couple years and don't know that I should have done anything terribly differently than I did (other than actually execute). Hell, I've been in the same situation many times with a tee ball in the woods as that hole has been my kryptonite and have walked off with a bogey or double, at worst. Could I have pulled a shorter club and aimed further left for the 3rd? Sure, but too far left flirts with trees on the other side of the fairway. Could I have gotten a club on the ball in the penalty area (the second time, the first time was jail) and at least gotten back to the fairway? In hindsight, I think I could have avoided the second penalty and done OK, but I chose what I thought was the option with the highest likelihood of success at the time.

I appreciate you asking this. I hadn't given my decision-making much thought, but now that I have, I'm OK with my decisions and it looks like it came down to the perfect storm of poor execution on 2 shots.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

8 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Other than needing to stop flaring drives....

I have improved my course management pretty dramatically over the last couple years and don't know that I should have done anything terribly differently than I did (other than actually execute). Hell, I've been in the same situation many times with a tee ball in the woods as that hole has been my kryptonite and have walked off with a bogey or double, at worst. Could I have pulled a shorter club and aimed further left for the 3rd? Sure, but too far left flirts with trees on the other side of the fairway. Could I have gotten a club on the ball in the penalty area (the second time, the first time was jail) and at least gotten back to the fairway? In hindsight, I think I could have avoided the second penalty and done OK, but I chose what I thought was the option with the highest likelihood of success at the time.

I appreciate you asking this. I hadn't given my decision-making much thought, but now that I have, I'm OK with my decisions and it looks like it came down to the perfect storm of poor execution on 2 shots.

I completely understand wanting to make the best possible outcome. On many occasion, I have gotten into a trouble area where I thought (for myself anyway) a hero shot would be the best option instead of the smart play of just getting out back to the fairway, even if it was only ten yards. The more I grow into this game the more I realize how much smart play becomes more prevalent over trying to reach the long shot. I will almost always come up short and overshooting. 

13 minutes ago, Byrnzee said:

Been meaning to post these for a couple days but haven't found the time until now. This will be a 2-for-1 because I had the pleasure this past weekend of visiting Arcadia Bluffs and playing both the North and South courses.

We arrived Sunday afternoon to the main course for our 3:40pm tee time. We had a great warmup on the range and tested out their practice green that is right outside the clubhouse. The views were fantastic and the weather was absolutely perfect: 70s and sunny with a slight breeze. It was just me and a buddy of mine, so we figured we'd get matched with another twosome. We show up to the starter and learn that the other twosome didn't show. Fine by us!

A nice touch was that the starter gave us each an Arcadia Bluffs divot tool at the first tee box. A nice little souvenir that also serves as a reminder to fix your ball marks! I wish more clubs would do this - it was a memorable gesture that probably costs them next to nothing.

Anyways... onto the golf!

North Course (Bluffs):

I am not exaggerating when I say this course is my favorite course I've ever played. The layout was fantastic - no two holes felt alike. The conditions were immaculate and I played one of my best rounds of the year. The only thing that I couldn't quite get working was my lag putting. Although there are enormous greens at Arcadia Bluffs, I had five 3-putts on the round, including on 18... to shoot an 80 (40-40) from the Blue tees (6913). 

Although I was disappointed in my putting, it was definitely the best ball-striking round I've had in quite some time. The driver was incredibly reliable and although I only hit 46% FIR, it was mostly due to the undulations of the course and hitting a decent drive that would run down a hill into the short rough. My irons were on point though, as I hit 14/18 (78%) greens in regulation. Now you can understand my frustration with my lag putting! Each three putt was for bogey 🤦‍♂️

That being said, the one downside of this round was the pace of play. As I mentioned before, it ended up just being me and my friend and we absolutely cruised through the first four holes. We were expecting to catch up to people in front of us and we did on the par five 5th, where we noticed a 5-some playing together in 3 carts. Now normally I'm sure they would have let us through, especially given there were only two of us behind them. However, as we caught up to them on the following tee box, we could see the group in front of them on the green. Sadly, there was nowhere to go. Our round ended up being about 5.5 hours long, but luckily we finished just before sunset. 

All in all, it was an incredible round at an incredible course. I will definitely be returning with more friends at some point in the future. If you'd like to see some pictures and videos from Sunday's round, I have posted them here.

South Course:

We originally had a 10:12am tee time on Monday for the South Course, however we were able to move it up to 8:36am to get an earlier start back home to Chicago after the round. We were told there wasn't anyone joining us and that we would be the first group on the course, which got us excited for a quick round (especially after the nearly 6 hour round the day before at the main course). However, one gentleman did join last minute with a caddie, which was fine by us. He was incredibly nice, played solid and had good banter throughout the day.

I'll start by saying the practice facilities at the South Course are some of the best I've ever seen. Beautiful range, short game area and putting green. They clearly had more land to play with at the South Course and did a great job of expanding their amenities more than the North Course could. We were told before the round that the greens were very hard to hold and that short was always better than long.

As we begun our round, I was able to get up and down for par after missing the green and being forced to pitch over a greenside bunker. Seemed like a great start and a possible continuance of my form from the day before. Boy was I wrong... they were not kidding at all about the greens and the pin placements on Monday were absurd. They would find one flat corner in the back of the green that slopes severely back to front and place the pin there. Without knowing where to land it (we didn't pay for the caddie's services so we were playing just based on what we could see), there were several times I thought I hit a perfect shot only for it to land hard on the green and skip off to a difficult chip shot.

My lag putting woes continued and I actually had a 4-putt on one hole after hitting fairway and green in regulation. Another hole was a par 5 where I had a PW into the green on my third shot, only to get too aggressive at the tucked pin and landed in an extremely steep greenside bunker. Bunker shot hit the green and skipped over it, into another bunker... thought I hit a perfect one out of there but landed once again in (you guessed it) the first bunker. Brutal way to make triple bogey.

All of that being said, the South Course was beautifully designed and we really did enjoy playing there. They have these squared off greens that I've never seen before and the course was in immaculate shape. It doesn't have the views of the lake like the North Course has, but the South Course could be a PGA Tour venue, in my opinion with those greens. I felt like I was still driving and striking my irons well, but the mistakes around the greens will haunt me for some time. I ended up shooting 90 (45-45) from the Blue tees (6932), which was pretty disappointing after my round the day before. I definitely am glad I played better at the main course though, and will remember that round very fondly.

If you've made it this far, I appreciate you reading my Arcadia Bluffs weekend recap. If you get the chance to get out there, make sure you play both courses and take lots of pictures! Erin Hills up next this Sunday... until then!

TL;DR Played Arcadia Bluffs this past weekend and shot 80 (40-40) on the North Course (Bluffs) and 90 (45-45) on the much harder South Course. Lag putting was a killer, but happy with my ball striking and the way my game is currently trending.

Wow!  Sounds like it was amazing!!!