Bridgestone MindSet Golf Ball Testing - (Sampling and Shot Scope Ops)

13 hours ago, Mike10487 said:

For the testers. From a speed of play standpoint, do you think this makes your pace of play faster or slower? 

For me it was definitely slower on the greens the first time out. I was trying to line them up.  I didn’t like that. Now I face them backwards on the greens. 

Jnr

I received a dozen of the Bridgestone Mindset golf balls as part of the initial MGS offering and was selected later to be in the formal Mindset/Shot Scope review.   

The "official" Bridgestone/Shot Scope balls have been ordered and I wanted to save my review of the Mindset methodology until I get the balls for that portion of the assessment.   Our charter was to use our Shot Scope performance data to assess the impact (if any) of the Bridgestone Mindset identify, visualize and focus principles. 

As part of that assessment, we submitted data from at least 10 rounds with our "go to" gamer ball as a performance baseline.   The intent is to compare those results with ten rounds using the Mindset philosophy to see if there's indeed improved performance.   With my go to ball is a Maxfli Tour S, I felt any performance improvement or decline with the Bridgestone Mindset principles may also be influenced by changing to the Bridgestone Tour B RX ball (touted for slower swing speeds looking for more distance).   So, I set out to attempt to take that variable out of the equation.

I put the initial box of Bridgestone Mindset Tour B RX balls in play for four rounds but did not use to Mindset cues to assess if just changing balls had a significant effect on my personal performance number.  Here's what I found:

image.png.0dd67bffd2c6f3a58826f7fecd8e7537.png

Looking at the Shot Scope performance data, both balls seem to perform equally as well.  There is some variability in performance distance between the Maxfli and Bridgestone balls, but not enough to get too excited.  The Bridgestone data is only over four rounds while the Maxfli data represents thirty-three rounds. 

There are similar numbers with club performance, tee shots and approach shots for both balls with a slight improvement in short game and putting seen with the Bridgestone. 

Looking at the overall average scoring, the Bridgestone Tour B RX did show about a two stroke lower average scores.  However, the lower scoring is likely more due to a few good chipping and putting days and less due to the Bridgestone's ball performance.  Getting up and down more often and eliminating three putts can go a long way to explain the two-stroke improvement.  I would expect this gap to close with additional Bridgestone Tour B RX rounds and data points.  

I will continue to play Bridgestone Tour B RX without the Mindset philosophy until the official Bridgestone/Shot Scope ball arrive to see if there's any significant changes in the above numbers.  Once the official balls arrive, I'll be totally dedicated to the assessment of the Mindset philosophies.   

Overall, I can feel fairly confident in my situation that both balls perform very similar to one another.  So, any improvement I see in the next phase can most likely be attributed to the application of Mindset principles.  

I can't wait to see what happens!

Edited by Golf2Much
Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

7 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

I received a dozen of the Bridgestone Mindset golf balls as part of the initial MGS offering and was selected later to be in the formal Mindset/Shot Scope review.   

The "official" Bridgestone/Shot Scope balls have been ordered and I wanted to save my review of the Mindset methodology until I get the balls for that portion of the assessment.   Our charter was to use our Shot Scope performance data to assess the impact (if any) of the Bridgestone Mindset identify, visualize and focus principles. 

As part of that assessment, we submitted data from at least 10 rounds with our "go to" gamer ball as a performance baseline.   The intent is to compare those results with ten rounds using the Mindset philosophy to see if there's indeed improved performance.   With my go to ball is a Maxfli Tour S, I felt any performance improvement or decline with the Bridgestone Mindset principles may also be influenced by changing to the Bridgestone Tour B RX ball (touted for slower swing speeds looking for more distance).   So, I set out to attempt to take that variable out of the equation.

I put the initial box of Bridgestone Mindset Tour B RX balls in play for four rounds but did not use to Mindset cues to assess if just changing balls had a significant effect on my personal performance number.  Here's what I found:

Looking at the Shot Scope performance data, both balls seem to perform equally as well.  There is some variability in performance distance between the Maxfli and Bridgestone balls, but not enough to get too excited.  The Bridgestone data is only over four rounds while the Maxfli data represents thirty-three rounds. 

There are similar numbers with club performance, tee shots and approach shots for both balls with a slight improvement in short game and putting seen with the Bridgestone. 

Looking at the overall average scoring, the Bridgestone Tour B RX did show about a two stroke lower average scores.  However, the lower scoring is likely more due to a few good chipping and putting days and less due to the Bridgestone's ball performance.  Getting up and down more often and eliminating three putts can go a long way to explain the two-stroke improvement.  I would expect this gap to close with additional Bridgestone Tour B RX rounds and data points.  

I will continue to play Bridgestone Tour B RX without the Mindset philosophy until the official Bridgestone/Shot Scope ball arrive to see if there's any significant changes in the above numbers.  Once the official balls arrive, I'll be totally dedicated to the assessment of the Mindset philosophies.   

Overall, I can feel fairly confident in my situation that both balls perform very similar to one another.  So, any improvement I see in the next phase can most likely be attributed to the application of Mindset principles.  

Great review.   Seems to be both balls play equally given the data.  I wouldnt be surprised at all if any ball used stacks up the same.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

11 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

Terrific pre-Mindset comparison & review! I, too, am interested to see how the ball compares to my gamer(s), but the Mindset/Shot Scope test is more specifically about whether it can result in more shots in play with hard data to prove it. I'm concerned that my before & after "data" will be unfairly skewed as I have worked hard on my sequencing over the winter, and I got a new, more forgiving driver, both of which have already pretty substantially improved my shot data. 

I only have a few rounds under my belt this season so I'm still in the honeymoon phase of my changes; old habits have a "habit" of cropping up at the most inopportune times! Maybe I'll have enough 2024 rounds in before the Bridgestone's arrive to establish a new baseline. I'm anxious to see whether Mindset makes a difference, I just need to figure out how to establish that. 

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

Was able to get out and play 9 yesterday after work. 

I received the Tour B RX.

BridgestoneUnbox1.jpg.15202bdbaf26ab98ee1800ff2e33f599.jpg

Ended up hitting 6 of 7 fariway's. The 1 miss was barely off to the left. My aim was for right of center and the wind ended up pushing the ball left, aided by a nasty bounce. I did like the feel and ball flight off the driver. It was VERY windy, sustained winds of 25 mph with gusts up to 35. Hard to dial in yardages on my irons but did like the launch and overall feel on them as well. 
I do like the concept of the ball. The alignment aid does help with aiming and gives you an additional nudge to the shot process. My usual routine was to use the smallest aiming point for a drive and go from there. I do like the additional aiming set point. It helps. 

The ball also performed pretty well off the putter and was that crisp feel that I like with my SIrxon Z Star. I will for sure keep the Bridgestone in the bag until they're gone. 

IMG_4667.jpeg.5e8c7adbb860e6e91396c23ff6f371c1.jpegIMG_4668.jpeg.3ea768af14932868b69891106ef1ae33.jpeg

D-  Titleist  TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

5w - Titleist TSI w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB - Titleist TSi 21* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

Irons - 4-PW Takomo 101T w/ KBS Tour Stiff 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 52/10 56/12 60/8 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Ball - Sirxon Z Star XV

Finally got out to play the Bridgestone mindset balls yesterday, 

First impressions off the driver was comparable to the Callaway Tour X ball about 5 yards shorter. To me the ball felt heavy on the face of the driver, flight was mid-high and spin was low. 

Iron shots were consistent with sound, feel, shot height and control. Most of the time when hitting the green it was a one hop and stop and if I needed to spin it back I was able to do so.

Chipping around the green felt good and was able to do the same things with the Bridgestone as I do with the Callaway. 

Putting - I believe the Odyssey AI made it feel better than it really does coming off the face. distance control was perfect, no 3 putts

Durability- so far no issues with the cover even after some tree action, no scuffs or road rash.

Mindset- I think it will take some time to get used to but I felt as it was just an alignment aid for your line.

More testing to come and some photos and video.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

I haven’t been following this thread that closely, but when I do I see most people reporting about the ball and its performance with some general opinions on the mindset approach.   I am more curious about the shotscope group……are you seeing any improved scoring or statistical improvement from the use of the mindset approach?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I haven’t been following this thread that closely, but when I do I see most people reporting about the ball and its performance with some general opinions on the mindset approach.   I am more curious about the shotscope group……are you seeing any improved scoring or statistical improvement from the use of the mindset approach?  

The balls haven't arrived just yet for those of us in the Shot Scope testing group. Hopefully soon. 

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

This also leads me to the question of do you think there is more to focus on inside a simulator or using a launch monitor on the range versus playing on the course? And how will the mindset affect each of those?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

What can also be confusing is that those testing the golf balls all have a different type. So, the results there will be very different as well.

Play like a champion today!

I finally played a round over the weekend with the Tour B RX's. 

Durability

Impressive, no scratches or any issues with the ball after hitting a tree from my rocket 3 wood. I even took the same ball and purposely hit it into the cart path to check for damages and there were almost none. 

Mindset

I actually really loved the mindset logo and using it. I struggle to focus on a spot on the ball and this made it extremely easy. I also feel that the mindset logo is a subtle reminder to remember the basics that are so incredibly important. 

I might take a few seconds longer to set up when using it, but it’s worth it knowing that this helps me set up to the ball in a consistent manner. 

Spin

This I need to test more, I had a few shots that seemed to spin and stick the green which is something I need in my game. I will make another post after further testing!

IMG_0507.jpeg

IMG_0506.jpeg

Edited by jayryga

Driver - Titleist TSR3 Ventus Blue 6s

3w - Taylormade Sim2 Ti Tensei Blue 65r

5W - Titleist TSI2 Tensei Blue 65r

5-PW - Titleist T200/T350 Combo Set

52,56 - Cleveland RTX Zipcore

Putter - Ping Anser 2

12 minutes ago, Javs said:

What can also be confusing is that those testing the golf balls all have a different type. So, the results there will be very different as well.

Yeah, but I think the testing is intended to be more about the mindset  feature and not the specific ball.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

26 minutes ago, Javs said:

If I understand the official Shot Scope test, it's all about the Mindset feature, not just the usual ball performance. It's obviously difficult to separate the two. But if you've chosen a Bridgestone model by using the Find My Ball app or at least a model that somewhat compares to your current gamer, the non-Mindset stuff should be minimized. Hopefully that can isolate whether Mindset helps you aim and execute a shot better than those without Mindset. 

IMHO, Mindset will better help those who don't have a solid pre-shot routine than those who do. Is it a helpful feature or simply interesting graphics? But again, that's what I think they're trying to determine. 

Edited by MIGregB

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

I haven't received mine yet and it doesn't sound like any of the ShotScope group has as of yet. Guessing it will be soon. I intend to incorporate as much ShotScope data as I can for my Srixon Z Star Diamond and the Bridgestone ball. As a low handicapper I'm dubious as to whether the mindset feature will move the needs but you never know.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Yeah, but I think the testing is intended to be more about the mindset  feature and not the specific ball.  

Agree, but each ball has different characteristics and thus the overall performance will be different. Example: if I tried one of the soft ball with too much spin, then my results would be bad regardless of MindSet logo or not. 

57 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

If I understand the official Shot Scope test, it's all about the Mindset feature, not just the usual ball performance. It's obviously difficult to separate the two. But if you've chosen a Bridgestone model by using the Find My Ball app or at least a model that somewhat compares to your current gamer, the non-Mindset stuff should be minimized. Hopefully that can isolate whether Mindset helps you aim and execute a shot better than those without Mindset. 

IMHO, Mindset will better help those who don't have a solid pre-shot routine than those who do. Is it a helpful feature or simply interesting graphics? But again, that's what I think they're trying to determine. 

I do agree with your point on the pre-shot. The app for ball selection is only as good as the answers plugged into it. If someone doesn’t know an answer or answers incorrectly then they will be recommended the wrong ball. My point was each golfer testing the ball has two things going on. First, the ball being used and if it fits there game. Second (while I understand the meat of the test) is the MindSet portion. Really I found it no different than the arrows on a Titleist or the triple lines on a Callaway. 

21 minutes ago, Preeway said:

I haven't received mine yet and it doesn't sound like any of the ShotScope group has as of yet. Guessing it will be soon. I intend to incorporate as much ShotScope data as I can for my Srixon Z Star Diamond and the Bridgestone ball. As a low handicapper I'm dubious as to whether the mindset feature will move the needs but you never know.

I agree with your assessment on the MindSet. It didn’t move the needle for me. I found it really the same as lines on the Callaway or arrows on a Titleist. I have a set pre-shot routine so, the MindSet technique didn’t really add much for me. As others have stated, it will help those without a routine develop one. 

48 minutes ago, Javs said:

Agree, but each ball has different characteristics and thus the overall performance will be different. Example: if I tried one of the soft ball with too much spin, then my results would be bad regardless of MindSet logo or not. 

Don’t disagree, but that is why you were asked to do the fitting to find the ball that worked for you.   While understanding how the ball reacts is necessary, the intent of the test is the mindset feature and trying to determine if it helps you play better.  You could have a perfect ball and terrible mental game  and play poor golf.   My question was simple and wanted to know if people had started doing comparisons on their performance metrics.  

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Don’t disagree, but that is why you were asked to do the fitting to find the ball that worked for you.   While understanding how the ball reacts is necessary, the intent of the test is the mindset feature and trying to determine if it helps you play better.  You could have a perfect ball and terrible mental game  and play poor golf.   My question was simple and wanted to know if people had started doing comparisons on their performance metrics.  

I understand fully the testing requirements and design. I answered it fully in my review and subsequent post. As stated earlier the fitting app is only as accurate as the data entered. I would argue most golfers have no idea of how far they actually hit the ball. Most people over estimate. I did get the correct ball, but the MindSet logo and technique didn’t really do much. Additionally, a counter to your point. You could have a great mental approach, but the wrong ball will hold you back at some point. Bottom line you need to maximize the mental aspect as well as have the correct gear.

Edited by Javs

I am of the opinion that if one commits to the Mindset philosophy and if it helps one develop a consistent pre-shot routine resulting in better overall performance, that should be reflected in the stats. Depending on what ball one plays now, it may or may not compare favorably in regard to distance, but it should show up in more fairways hit, more successful approaches and maybe better putting.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

Hey everyone, it's Mr. Bogey Pro and I just wanted to thank everyone for this amazing opportunity to test the new Bridgestone Mindset RXS golf ball. I love the new mindset alignment and the feel of the golf ball. Like many golf balls on the market (Callaway Triple Track, for example) it aids in aiming at your target. What separates this golf ball from the rest is that I found myself concentrating more on the green dot and nothing else. For me, it was a nice aid in keeping the head down. Next, it has a soft feel off of the driver and irons. Not a Supersoft or Soft Feel marshmallow feel, but soft when you hit it flush. You will see in the video I had a nice iron into the green (don't look at the swing) and hit it to a makable putt (missed of course)!

This ball does have some spin to it on my chips. Once again, the feel of the ball is exactly what I was looking for. It has a soft touch and enough spin to check up and not run across the green. I am not a low-handicap player that can spin the ball back, but I did have some nice chips that stopped on the green. This ball is exactly what I like in a golf ball; a blend of feel and spin.

Next is the putting. Once again, the mindset alignment aids in picking your target, keeping your head down, and sinking some putts. The ball had a nice feel off the club, and rolled beautifully to the hole. 

In terms of distance, I can't say it is the longest ball in its class. I will say I did hit some great drives that were about 250+ which was better than average for me. The ball does fly straighter than most other balls I have used such as the Vice Pro and Pro V 1. For the average player looking for distance and feel, I think this is a perfect option. 

I don't have many cons to this ball. The one I would say is when you hit your drive, the mindset alignment may not be visible for your next shot. But really there is not another ball with the alignment that has this (or at least I couldn't think of any).

I would highly recommend this ball to anyone looking for distance, feel, spin, and to me, the best alignment aid on the market.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

Round 2 with the RSX in the books. I played a windy Vegas course over the weekend (Siena). I played the RSX on the front 9 and ProV1x on the back 9.  I don't know if was due to the much warmer temp than when I first tested the Bridgestone balls, but they felt significantly softer then before. Almost mushy on all of my shots. Driver, irons, wedges.  Performance was still about the same as before.  Higher launch and spin with the driver and iron shots compared to the ProV.  I usually can check a ball pretty good when playing my ProV1Xs. With the Bridgestones, I had to play for a bit more release then I was used to, so a few chips ran long past the pin. On the back 9, I was getting 1 hop and stop with the ProV1X.  Such a night and day difference in feel between the 2.  Maybe I will try the RS or XS to compare the feel of the ball. I had a hard time feeling where I hit the ball on the club face.

There were a few times I was struggling during the round, and the MindSet logo reminded me to keep it simple and visualize and focus on the shot.  K.I.S.S. 

Still a fan of the ball, and MindSet.  I will keep playing these until I lose them all, and I will update again if anything changes.

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

I will be home from aruba on Tuesday and it looks like the weather is improving back home so hopefully I can get a few rounds in with the mindset ball and start posting the results. I have been reading others results and am finding them very interesting. Play well and have fun that's why we play this goofy game. 

Frank musolino 

I want thank MGS and Bridgestone for the opportunity to test the balls and I hope to be able to do more testing in the future!

I received my Tour B RX balls a few weeks ago and was finally able to play them and compare them the MTB Prime X that I play currently.

Firstly, the mindset logo on drives and putts seems to help with initial alignment and the dot makes it a better focus point but I would not call it something that I would say changed how it changed my game any different than before. 

Off the tee, the mindset ball was less spinny, prob what I need but they were on average 20 yards if not more father than the snell for driver.

My irons are terrible right now so I won’t mention any comparable stats but I did not see any additional spin or accuracy on approach shots.

Wedge shots did not show much difference between the two, but I am typically a high spinner so it more of where I land than actual strike.

Putts were solid for both and the aiming helped a little but again not a game changer for me.

Overall, I think I really like the Tour B RX and that may need to be my new gamer but I won’t say that I’m sold on the mindset.

Go out and play golf…why not?

Spent about 30 minutes on the practice greens with the Mindsets today, same thing to be said after another great day of rolling them. Sunk my first 5 putts from 10-15 feet and felt unstoppable 😂 but then I took the balls further out and worked on lagging them around the cup. The line still holds true and I find that putting is where the Mindset alignment shines overall. But the balls are great and durable. Will see how my tee time this Sunday goes but the RXs are looking like strong candidates to add into my rotation between the Odin and Tour X balls I currently game.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

I received my two dozen of Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset balls today.  So, starting next Thursday (my next round) and the month of May, I'll be dedicated to utilizing the Mindset principles (prompted by the graphic) to see what impact (if any) they have on my overall performance.  

Above, you'll see I played four rounds with a Tour B RX to see how it stacked up against my current go-to ball Maxfli Tour S.  The numbers suggest that both balls performed equally as well with the same distance, accuracy and score-wise.  That should remove any significant performance number impact by switching balls leaving me to focus on the impact of following the Mindset philosophy.

Mindsetboxminusone.jpg.a8ff80074b8a1e614c07978de7956171.jpg  Mindsetbox.jpg.a405ea9473c59aa5158a6ee2f31b3518.jpg

Packaging seemed consistent with every other dozen golf balls packages I've gotten in the past with the exception of the enclosed Mindset card.  The 4"x6" card outlined the Mindset general process steps and gave a QR code for applying the principles.

Given the previous feedback that participants found some defects, I decided to inspect all 24 golf balls under a pretty intense (and unforgiving) LED light.  There was some static attracted debris which was likely cardboard that easily brushed or blown away.  Of the 24 balls, I did find two that had a very small nick between three adjacent dimples.  I likely would not have seen the very small surface imperfections without the intense light and looking very close to the balls' surface.  The nicks were so small, that I couldn't catch the edges with my thumb or fingernail.  Given they were difficult to see and feel, I can't imagine they would have a noticeable impact on any of the performance metrics.  

I found all the Bridgestone printing and Mindset graphics clean, crisp and without defect.  

DualingMindset.jpg.979f7c8dfd82cef5ee5b5a7bcaab02f2.jpg

Now it's time for a Mindset refresher, find ways to incorporate it into my existing pre-shot routine and head out on the golf course to see what happens.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Got out on the practice green for some chipping and putting practice with the brimstone tour bx. 

IMG_4933.jpeg.bc20b67f6ac66968f1f09914218be32d.jpegIMG_4935.jpeg.5d93bdc8aef4c60ed9bb9112d7d3ada0.jpeg

The mindset was not working for me on the greens. I was struggling with the arrow pointing exactly where I wanted it to. I don’t use a line on the ball when putting so it doesn’t work for me. I like having the green dot to stare at while putting though, so I started pointing the arrow in the opposite direction and it has worked well for me. 

Jnr

So the day after I received my Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset balls to test we got a foot of snow in northern Vermont.  Today I was finally able to get out on my local course and start testing these balls.  First I have always been a fan of Bridgestone golf balls.  These balls are a great ball for anyone with a swing speed less than 105mph.  I am swinging at 95mph right now.  The ball was great, but most people know that already.  I thought the "Mindset" technology is interesting.  I think it is great as an alignment aid and if you are looking for some visual reminders for your pre-shot routine it helps (on tee shots and putts).  Unless you are playing pick, clean and place it doesn't help between the tee box and green.  I do feel that if you use it on every tee and green it will help with sticking to the same routine even if you do not see the circles.  Overall I like it.  I felt it did help me get into my routine this early in the season and line up my putts better.  I would recommend picking up the Bridgestone Mindset model if you are looking to buy Bridgestone Tour golf balls.  Bridgestone has a nice online ball fitting to try out if you are unsure of which model is right for you.  

Driver: PXG Black Ops 10.5 (small +) HZRDUS Black Gen 4 6.0

5 Wood TM Stealth 2, 9 Wood TM Stealth 2 (both with MCA Kai'li Blue 70, S-flex) 

Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 (25 degree) MCA Diamana S-flex

Irons: Mizuno PXG 0317T SteelFiber i95 Private Reserve S Flex

Wedges: TaylorMade MG3 (50 degree), Mizuno T22 (55 and 59 degree) 

Putter: Bettinardi 2019 Studio Stock 2 MCA MMT Putter or Meridian Tybee

Finally received my double dozen today. Will be gaming them come Monday….

IMG_0297.jpeg

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

13 hours ago, Big moose said:

I will be home from aruba on Tuesday and it looks like the weather is improving back home so hopefully I can get a few rounds in with the mindset ball and start posting the results. I have been reading others results and am finding them very interesting. Play well and have fun that's why we play this goofy game. 

High 70's mid week

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]