Tester

JCole

10 minutes ago, JoeCool said:

What does it say to the 8 admins to see the picture of an animal as a "profile  photo"?

It shows off how cool my dog is 😎

(also that you can follow simple instructions)

Driver : :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (45.5")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Utility: :Sub70:699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
Irons: :titleist-small:T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: Indi FLX S-Grind, 52° & 56° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
Putter: :cobra-small:King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen:Quad Tour Taper grip
Bag: :cobra-small:Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
Push Cart: :BagBoy:Nitron, Black/Red
Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

24 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

You’re right, your dog is really cool!

Thanks everyone for straighten me out 😎

PXG Black Ops Driver 10.5

PXG Black Ops 5 Wood

PXG Black Ops Hybrid 4

Miura PI-401 Irons (6-PW)

Edison 2.0 Wedges (49-54-60)

LAB DF3 Putter

37 minutes ago, JumboOctapus625 said:

I just got involved in this community and I have a question. How long does it take to be selected even if you are active in the forum?

It depends on the product and how active you are.  Have you read the How To Be A Tester thread?

Couple links on the first page of this thread.  The testing is a ton of work and isn't a free giveaway.

Welcome aboard, be active and enjoy the forum. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

24 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

It depends on the product and how active you are.  Have you read the How To Be A Tester thread?

Couple links on the first page of this thread.  The testing is a ton of work and isn't a free giveaway.

Welcome aboard, be active and enjoy the forum. 

Yeah I’ve read it. Personally, how long did it take you?

I joined in at the end of March and was selected to test the Garmin watch in early August. I've only put in for 1 test since which is the Callaway Paradym AI smoke. Still holding my breadth for it but there were nearly 6k people who applied for it.

I think another argument for having to upload a profile photo is that it shows your willing to read through and follow instructions since that's important to the testing process. Each test is different and you will have different expectations for each test so you'll need to be able to show that you can follow the instructions they provide.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS

3 Wood: :PXG: Gen 5 0311XF 

Hybrid: :PXG: Gen 5 0311 XF 22 degree

Irons: :PXG: 2022 XCOR2 0211 5-GW

Wedges: :taylormade-small: R Series 54° & 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small:

2023 Test: ⌚Garmin Approach S70 47mm

2 hours ago, BallsLeon said:

Just going to say, dogs are awesome!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Lots of good info here…also helps to do an unofficial review of something you’ve used to show your style and what you can provide.  Or, start with something small or has a number of people (ie, ball test or gloves, etc).

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

The thing with testing is I don’t go for everything on offer. 
Some things interest me and some, not so much. Sometimes I like to read other views on items that I don’t throw my hat into the ring for. 
I’ve purchased many things from reviews on Golf Spy and will always be thankful we have a balanced testing pool. 

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

6 hours ago, JCole said:

That confirms it, thank you. It not being random tells me all I need to know

Don’t let that stop you. Others have already explained how the selection process isn’t random. I just recently got selected for my first testing opportunity (Sundog sunglasses go check it out if you have the chance) and I didn’t do anything special. Just became involved in the forum (by involved I only mean I began posting) and follows the instructions on how to be a tester. Good luck on becoming a tester if you still would like to try a product out. If not hopefully you’ll stay for the wealth of information and community this forum provides.

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

Few months or so of being active and getting to know this community and the people in it. It's a great group of people that help out and treat eachother well.  

I just built a set of Toura Irons and had multiple people offer advice and to jump on a call if I had questions. Had one send me glass beads.  It really is more than the testing. 

awesome, thanks for your help

1 hour ago, TJ Hall said:

Lots of good info here…also helps to do an unofficial review of something you’ve used to show your style and what you can provide.  Or, start with something small or has a number of people (ie, ball test or gloves, etc).

This is probably the biggest thing. Do something small first. I knew I wasn’t ready to do a review of a full set of clubs or even a putter. Although I am a little jealous of the L.A.B. DF 3 putter testers, and it does look great, I just felt I wanted to start small. Get my feet wet(actually not physically) with testing out and reviewing the shoes. I actually wanted to sign up for the Bridgestone ball test, but I didn’t have what was required so I passed on it. Get involved, learn some stuff, have a few laughs, join in on a community call on Thursdays when you can and share knowledge of what you can. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

In my personal opinion... We all have these and they are all different lol

I tried to comply with all rules & regs plus the extra. I enjoy reading the reviews and have written a few or even posted new topics just trying to get people to talk about things. That's the point of the forum. 

I never go into a sign up thinking ill be a tester. For me its like getting a bonus at work but this 1 can help others make an educated decision.

DRIVER  CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65-S 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75-S 15*

SUPER HYBRID CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Super Hybrid w/ UST Recoil DART 75-S 18*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75-S 22*

IRONMIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 5i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105-S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115-W 48*/52*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

Check out my Tests...

20 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

What I know as fact: if you read and understand what is written in this thread:

I have no doubt that you will be chosen as a tester with all the testing that is going on this year.  Just get yourself in a position to be one of the preferred forum members to be chosen.

Testing is not just getting free equipment because you can get it.  We do have people with low post counts who get chosen for testing and on occasion someone will receive the whateveritis and we never hear from them again.  That behavior hurts the community and shows that disreputable "anonymous" people will volunteer to be a tester who then renege on their responsibility and violate the trust placed on them taking what was given, making their action theft of the product.

I have been chosen for 5 tests, completed all requirements that were expected of being a tester for all 5 products, and with the need for testers this year can expect to be chosen again.  I have a photo on my profile, I post regularly and respond to others that proves involvement in the forum community, and by writing as much as I do, it is well understood what kind of test review will be provided when the testing of the product is complete.  

So quick comparison:  how does your presence in the forum compare to mine?  Or to others who have been chosen to test more than once?  

Try this: Follow the guidelines and see what happens, I'm looking forward to seeing the posts you make and recommend looking at The Good Morning Thread which is perhaps the most popular thread now on the Forum. Here's a link to the just posted latest message there:

⛳ Great question and thanks for the opportunity to respond.  We are as diverse a community as any but you will find the forum participants are the kind of people you would want to associate with because we keep it real without getting rude or obnoxious.

Excellent reply @EasyPutter!! Well Stated! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

I’m not saying it is but this thread smells familiar!  Come one call the police @GolfSpy_BNG

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

On 4/21/2024 at 1:59 PM, cnosil said:

I like to think yes but I have no expectations.   I apply to test products I am interested using and that I think I can provide a good review.  

Exactly this.  There's a lot of tests I don't apply for for a variety of reasons.  Three of them being time constraints,  lack of interest in the product, and something that's outside my wheelhouse.

For instance of two recent tests posted (Smoke AI Drivers & Autoflex shafts) I only applied to one.  I have a driver head I like, don't necessarily get along with callaway product (for whatever reason), and am more interested in how driver shafts can affect the head performance.   Kind of made which one to apply for a no brainer. 

Being a reviewer isn't about getting free product, it can be shockingly large amount of work to write a good review.  Being actively involved in the forum helps show the mods what you're interested in and what kind of product might be a good fit for you to test.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

5 hours ago, OdinSnipes414 said:

I’m not saying it is but this thread smells familiar!  Come one call the police @GolfSpy_BNG

Oh I’m here. I’m always watching!!

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    PXG Black Ops 8* or Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Grey 65/4 shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :titleist-small: T150 4-GW with Modus 105R

Wedges:    :vokey-small: SM10 56M shaft TBD

:edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge 

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

2 hours ago, Syks7 said:

Being a reviewer isn't about getting free product, it can be shockingly large amount of work to write a good review.  Being actively involved in the forum helps show the mods what you're interested in and what kind of product might be a good fit for you to test.

This is so true…I didn’t realize how much work/effort was really involved with a test until being a part of one.  It is definitely not a giveaway and there are expectations and requirements that have to be met.

It’s been said on other threads as well, but you really have to think about how you will approach the test and get data/numbers that mean something.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Oh I’m here. I’m always watching!!

Ik I can smell ya

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

Hi!  New poster here.  This was a very informative thread, both from the OP, the members, and the Mod's explanation/confirmation.  Now you're thinking..."oh, here goes a new guy trying to get involved."  Nope - this was enough for me to unsubscribe from the emails and close my account down.  While I understand the philosophy on wanting to only choose testers who can prove they will actually review the product and leave feedback, I have zero interest nor time in convincing people to like me.  I am confident that I will leave very informative reviews, and I check "agree" when applying to confirm that, but I can not dedicate time/energy to selling myself to the selection board.

Thanks guys!  Take care!

SIM2 Driver, Apex irons, MD5 wedges, Odyssey putter

1 hour ago, BrianVT said:

Hi!  New poster here.  This was a very informative thread, both from the OP, the members, and the Mod's explanation/confirmation.  Now you're thinking..."oh, here goes a new guy trying to get involved."  Nope - this was enough for me to unsubscribe from the emails and close my account down.  While I understand the philosophy on wanting to only choose testers who can prove they will actually review the product and leave feedback, I have zero interest nor time in convincing people to like me.  I am confident that I will leave very informative reviews, and I check "agree" when applying to confirm that, but I can not dedicate time/energy to selling myself to the selection board.

Thanks guys!  Take care!

Lol if you don’t have time to get involved in the forum to show us that you’d make a good tester, you ain’t got time for a review anyways sir. 

That may sound rude and blunt but oh well.  There is an old saying. You get out what you put in!

Driver:    PXG Black Ops 8* or Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Grey 65/4 shaft @ 45”

I understand all the requirements about testing. However, I tried updating my user image and it's showing an error (something went wrong, unknown error, error 200) after I resized the file which should be compliant.

My bigger question is, I am left handed. I understand I could be selected to test something non-dexterity based, but are the clubs and putters themselves ever left-handed or are demo clubs all right handed?

Edited by SDGolf619

Callaway Rogue ST Max 8* w/Tensei AV White 65-S

Callaway Superhybrid 3 17* and 4 20* w/Steelfiber 75 FC

Ping i2305 4-PW w/DG 105g

TaylorMade MG3 50/54/58 wedges w/DG S200

Cleveland HB SOFT #4 putter

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Lol if you don’t have time to get involved in the forum to show us that you’d make a good tester, you ain’t got time for a review anyways sir. 

That may sound rude and blunt but oh well.  There is an old saying. You get out what you put in!

This isn't a "get out what you put in" situation.  I work all day and raise kids.  That's a "get out what you put in."  Here, I agree to test something for you and leave feedback; that's it.  Of course I'm going to put the time in when you've given me that opportunity to do what I said I would.  I'm not going to churn up a bunch of forum posts into thin air hoping that, just maybe, one day, this guy will like me enough.  Honestly, if you would just ask people to write you a legitimate sample piece of writing like I'm applying to a job, evaluate them all and decide what you like, then that would be a "get out what you put in" situation.  The rest of it is just "hopes and dreams."  I don't operate on that.

SIM2 Driver, Apex irons, MD5 wedges, Odyssey putter

17 minutes ago, SDGolf619 said:

I understand all the requirements about testing. However, I tried updating my user image and it's showing an error (something went wrong, unknown error, error 200) after I resized the file which should be compliant.

My bigger question is, I am left handed. I understand I could be selected to test something non-dexterity based, but are the clubs and putters themselves ever left-handed or are demo clubs all right handed?

A lot of the testing posts specifically for clubs, will say if they are right handed only or not.

The same thing for geographical limitations.

It is not something that MGS chooses or dictates, those limitations come directly from the oem.

With my previous experiences, all testing items are new.

So it would be the same you would get from a store if you purchase it new.

So as a left handed, you can definitely test clubs where the oem offers left handed sets.

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I get what you're asking for. 

Just recently acquired a "new-to-me" Sirxon ZX5 driver and would like to share my experience. I am a long time taylor maid driver fan, Though after cracking the face of a rocketballz driver years ago and TM not offering me any sort of discount or replacement, led me to look elsewhere. I went down the rabbit hole of trying several drivers at the local golf shop but did not find anything I wanted to invest in. So I playes my old driver and did what a lot of people do these days and went to FB marketplace to look for a used driver under $200. In fall of 2022 I found a Ping G410 plus that looked almost new for $180. After watching some youtube reviews I pulled the trigger and bought it. I played at the reminder of that year and all of 2023 but I never felt like I could reliably trust it. Since the start of the 2024 season I kept my eyes out for a replacement. A 5 handicap buddy of mine who played a new Sirxon ZX5 mkII, Got me looking for recenr used Sirxon drivers. I got lucky and found a ZX5 with a sweet 50g Riptide stiff shaft and new red grip for $100. I took it to the range immediately and feel in love with rhe sound and feel when I hit well. I noticed when the miss hits still were straight and rolled out nicely. I have to-date played 5 rounds with it and one of those being in a Men's club tournament. The forgiving Sirxon driver has not let me down once, and never gets me too far out of position. The sound it makes brings immediate confidence to the golfer playing it and has been a game  changer for me. I have to say, forget the Brand names that "most" golfers play, and try out new brands. It has opened my eyes fore sure!

• Sirxon ZX5 9.5deg 50g Riptide shaft.
  • Taylormade R11s 7wood TP stiff shaft
  • Mizuno MP-18 MMC FliHi 3 & 4 irons
  • Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW
  • Mizuno T20 50°, 54°, 58°
  • Odyssey Red 1WS putter

14 minutes ago, BrianVT said:

This isn't a "get out what you put in" situation.  I work all day and raise kids.  That's a "get out what you put in."  Here, I agree to test something for you and leave feedback; that's it.  Of course I'm going to put the time in when you've given me that opportunity to do what I said I would.  I'm not going to churn up a bunch of forum posts into thin air hoping that, just maybe, one day, this guy will like me enough.  Honestly, if you would just ask people to write you a legitimate sample piece of writing like I'm applying to a job, evaluate them all and decide what you like, then that would be a "get out what you put in" situation.  The rest of it is just "hopes and dreams."  I don't operate on that.

This is exactly a get out what you put in situation. Anyone can write one paper or say I’ll do what I promise. Sorry but that isn’t good enough when OEM’s are trusting the staff with HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS worth of equipment every year to give to members to keep free of charge. All the members have to do is follow the rules and SHOW they can be trusted. It’s not really that hard of a concept.  

We are up front and honest about the criteria to qualify. Whether you like it or not is your choice.  It also doesn’t take a ton of time or effort to prove you would make a good tester. We aren’t asking for 50 posts and 5 hours a day of your time.  There are members that have been chosen with less than 50 posts in 6 months that have been chosen.   Unofficial reviews of clubs you have or have tried recently are a great start.  If you have a club that the members are reviewing now, hop in and give your thoughts.  

If you stick around(hopefully you do), you will find out pretty quick there is always something to talk about as there are many things that aren’t even fully golf related that are discussed.