Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

PXG Allan Putter - 2024 Forum Review

Congrats to all testers. Looking forward to this test.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

Here we go!!

image.jpg

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

That's a pretty putter pal! Hope all your putts are as beautiful.

Congrats to the testers.

-XY

:redrooster: Sussex and Rain Rooster
:titleist-small: ProV1X
:taylormade-small: QI10 LS
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3-wood
:taylormade-small: 4H Stealth 2, stiff
:ping-small: i525, 6 - W, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
:vokey-small: SM10 52, 56, 60
:L.A.B.: DF3 Broomstick
:ping-small: Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
MGI electric cart

Congratulations testers! Very excited to read if y’all will be “all in” on the “Allan”!

Looking forward to hearing about the performance and feel. Love my L.A.B. Broomstick, but intrigued to see how this works for everyone!

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 10* | Taylor Made Mini Driver 13.5* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Haywood CB/MB combo set (4-7 CB; 8-PW MB) | Edison 2.0 wedges 51*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

Putter fitting in the books boys! Ty was my fitters name and he was great! Super nice. Got set up on a putting green and we started rolling some PXG pills.

We used a trackman to collect some data. Out of the gate the stander sink fit grip felt too large. I have been using a putter with a ping grip on it. The Allen also felt heavy. So we were getting inconsistent roll and a ball that skidded too much. So we switched out the two 15 gram weights for some 10 gram weights. That was immediately better. The skidding stopped the roll was much better. Putts started dropping. Just to check we ten swapped out the 10 gram weights for 12.5s and that was the baby bear sweet spot. 

some quick initial thoughts of the putter. I like the shape. It is spider tour’ish in shape. The alignment is simple and effective and the feel is great. I have never liked insert putters. This had the feedback of a milled with a slightly muted feel to it.

in the end we settled on a 35 inch putter. Standard loft and lie with a blacked out M16 shaft.

oh and just because he is awesome. We also hit some PXG irons. I have zero experience with them and that was great as well. I appreciate his time!

little look at address. I like it!

IMG_5367.jpeg

initial numbers. Coming off a little hot and you can see on the top right the 12 is how far the ball is skidding. 12 inches is a little long.

IMG_5365.jpeg

Ty getting all set up. 

IMG_5363.jpeg

showing me some numbers.

IMG_5364.jpeg

IMG_5369.jpeg

IMG_5366.jpeg

Edited by Quigleyd

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

2 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

Putter fitting in the books boys! Ty was my fitters name and he was great! Super nice. Got set up on a putting green and we started rolling some PXG pills.

We used a trackman to collect some data. Out of the gate the stander sink fit grip felt too large. I have been using a putter with a ping grip on it. The Allen also felt heavy. So we were getting inconsistent roll and a ball that skidded too much. So we switched out the two 15 gram weights for some 10 gram weights. That was immediately better. The skidding stopped the roll was much better. Putts started dropping. Just to check we ten swapped out the 10 gram weights for 12.5s and that was the baby bear sweet spot. 

some quick initial thoughts of the putter. I like the shape. It is spider tour’ish in shape. The alignment is simple and effective and the feel is great. I have never liked insert putters. This had the feedback of a milled with a slightly muted feel to it.

in the end we settled on a 35 inch putter. Standard loft and lie with a blacked out M16 shaft.

oh and just because he is awesome. We also hit some PXG irons. I have zero experience with them and that was great as well. I appreciate his time!

IMG_5367.jpeg

IMG_5365.jpeg

IMG_5366.jpeg

IMG_5363.jpeg

IMG_5364.jpeg

IMG_5369.jpeg

wow, im surprised the fitting was outside.  in my honest opinion i think that is how all fittings should be.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

16 minutes ago, bama no 1 said:

wow, im surprised the fitting was outside.  in my honest opinion i think that is how all fittings should be.

I got lucky and it was part of a demo day at a private course in the area. I did enjoy doing it outside..

Order up!!

IMG_5370.png

Congrats testers! Very curious about PXG’s take on a zero-torque putter. Based on the photos, I really like the design! Have fun with this one!

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

5 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what should an ideal skid number be? I'm completely in the dark and have never seen a skid number (granted I've never done a putter fitting, but I've watched some putter fitting videos before).

Anyway, what a cool experience, can't wait to follow you on the journey.

Cobra F9 Speedback

Cleveland HB Turbo Launcher 3 Wood

Sub70 Fairway 5 Wood

Adams Super S 4 Hybrid

Sub70 699pro 5-PW

Sub70 50deg 286 Forged Wedge

Mizuno t22 54deg

Embarrassed to say Yamato full face 58deg

Just switched to the Cleveland Frontline ISO putter. The jury is still out. 

1 hour ago, Rbgreene04 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what should an ideal skid number be? I'm completely in the dark and have never seen a skid number (granted I've never done a putter fitting, but I've watched some putter fitting videos before).

Anyway, what a cool experience, can't wait to follow you on the journey.

According to the fitter less than a foot is good and the lower the better.

Congrats testers! Should be interesting to see if this competes with LAB. Looking forward to the reviews. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

23 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

little look at address. I like it!

IMG_5367.jpeg

initial numbers. Coming off a little hot and you can see on the top right the 12 is how far the ball is skidding. 12 inches is a little long.

IMG_5365.jpeg

Ty getting all set up. 

IMG_5363.jpeg

showing me some numbers.

IMG_5364.jpeg

IMG_5369.jpeg

IMG_5366.jpeg

Thanks for sharing your experience!  

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

31 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

Thanks for sharing your experience!  

No worries! Obviously more to come!

An unexpected little surprise with the putter order. Ty, the rep added the weight kit and a dozen of the new PXG extreme balls to try out! Very cool.

I will say, in the what basically amounts to 24 hours this has gone on, the customer service from PXG and the communication from them in setting up the fitting, then following up after to check in, then the speed of the order has been exceptional. That alone give me a great reason to smile. 

here is the email from Ty!

Hey Cody,

It was a pleasure to fit you yesterday. I attached your putter specs to this email, I also added a putter weight kit and a dozen of the Extreme tour balls for you to try. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Edited by Quigleyd

looking forward to the putter arriving. Hearing it could be here Friday which would be fast! I am off this Thursday and Friday, so maybe I will get luck and get it out ASAP. 

Congrats testers! I love forward to the reviews! 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 - TENSEI AV Series White 65 Stiff

3wood: Taylormade Stealth - Ventus Blue Stiff 

Driving Iron: Ping Crossover 3iron - Ping Stiff 

Irons: 4-PW Titleist AP2 - Dynamic Gold S300 

Wedges: 52 Vokey SM6 (F Grind), 56 Vokey SM8 (D Grind), 60 Vokey SM9 (M Grind)

Putter: LAB MEZZ.1 MAX

Ball: Titleist TruFeel 

GPS: Garmin S70/CT10 Sensors (Current MGS Tester) 

Good luck, I bet you all keep it and run for a long time with it.

My eye procedure was moved up by 2 weeks (YAY) so I will probably go back to San Diego PXG store Friday or Saturday to finish up and place my order.  Thanks Bob P.

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

looking forward to the putter arriving. Hearing it could be here Friday which would be fast! I am off this Thursday and Friday, so maybe I will get luck and get it out ASAP. 

Hope it gets there by Wednesday so you can get 2 days with it.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

15 minutes ago, bama no 1 said:

Hope it gets there by Wednesday so you can get 2 days with it.

Crazy enough I just got a shipping notice.. that’s fast! No tracking yet so not sure on ETA. 

Looks like the putter will arrive tomorrow! That is lightning!

Edited by Quigleyd

I picked up the Allen today before heading to the office. Updates and first impressions coming soon!

IMG_8750.jpeg.9050e94c8463326faf4b1424495f1185.jpeg

:ping-small: G430 MAX 10.5º Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6 X

:ping-small:  G430 MAX 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S shaft

:ping-small: G430 MAX 4 Hybrid Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 S Shaft

:ping-small: G430 5i - PW :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: G430 45º & 50º :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: Glide Pro Forged 56º S-10° :truetemper: Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

:ping-small: S159 60° H-8° :truetemper: Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

:L.A.B.: DF3 :accra: shaft

Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ review

I just got done with a two-hour meeting with my boss. I have a small road project that I have to start designing. As of right now, I can not do the complete write-up on my fitting that was last night. I can however, say- WOW! It was an excellent experience. My fitter was great and my putter is now being built! I even got a few goodies on top of what I was expecting.

Here are two picture to wet your appetite... 😃

PXL_20240918_010238239.jpg

PXL_20240917_202238121.jpg

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

Headed home.. unboxing to come!

IMG_5391.jpeg

Let’s open her up!

image.jpg

IMG_5394.jpeg

IMG_5395.jpeg

IMG_5396.jpeg

IMG_5398.jpeg

I live right by a course. Going to go roll a few putts!

When your hotel doesn’t have a golf course, make your hotel room the golf course.

Not part of my planned testing, but I’m happy to say the Allen passed Southwest’s baggage handler’s durability test. 
IMG_8786.jpeg.06335202dcbec3f6c5ccbbfd7b8ae556.jpeg

Edited by musicalmedicine

3 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

IMG_5394.jpeg

IMG_5395.jpeg

IMG_5396.jpeg

IMG_5398.jpeg

I live right by a course. Going to go roll a few putts!

Any plans to do some testing with the various weights?