Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PICS - 2013 Callaway X Hot Driver & FW

GolfSpy_X

"SPEED FRAME FACE CUP" - is that just like Speed Pocket or Velocity Slot?

People who snap these spyshots need to learn that we don't use that side of the club when we play golf. We need pictures from address :)

Based on recent Callaway trends, I bet there is some sort of design on the crown. THe FT/RAZR line is usually clean and the Diablo / RXB line usually has some sort of design on it.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

interesting....different....Callaway joining the paint revolution and going white on the crown? I thought they were all about performance over paint.....Looks close to the idea that Cobra has with their new Cell stuff with this face cup....guess we will see when it comes out......

R11s 9 Open ASP w/Aerotech Powercoil 65X tipped 1"

Cally XHot 15 w/ Powercoil 65S

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 18 w/Player Spec Stiff HS 1X

Miura 501s 3-P w/Player Spec Stiff HS 1x

TM XFT 54/60 w/Steelfiber i125s

PING Nome TR SS Ultra Thin Red

ALL Irons/Woods PURE Isle of Capri Pure Pro std w/2 wraps

Srixon XV Yellow

I don't see what's wrong with making initial judgements based on a picture. I'm happy to change my mind later, but based on these, the sole of these clubs are butt ugly and look like something you get from a $300 starter set. They're right up there with my initial impression of the R1 driver.

I know wd. It's just frustrating when you read threads on another site where people deeply hate something and behave like idiots. Initial judgement is not what I'm talking about, my problem is when it gets closer to a vendetta.

I'll reserve final judgement until I see pics from address, but I don't think those look terrible. I actually prefer that look to the Rickie Fowleresque green color of the Razr Fit Xtreme. What do we know about these performance wise? A few people have said they're supposed to be hot but that gets said about every driver this time of year.

@CTEagle - They're not just "hot", they're "x hot" :D

Callaway needs a driver and fw that sells well in the RBZ-category. I expect the AMP Cell to be in the same price range, at least here in Norway.

I don't see what's wrong with making initial judgements based on a picture. I'm happy to change my mind later, but based on these, the sole of these clubs are butt ugly and look like something you get from a $300 starter set. They're right up there with my initial impression of the R1 driver.

Man, I disagree with you. I love the looks of these from the bottom. Of course I do t know the top, but I like a lot of design on the bottom as long as the crown is clean, which it very well may not be.

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

interesting....different....Callaway joining the paint revolution and going white on the crown? I thought they were all about performance over paint.....Looks close to the idea that Cobra has with their new Cell stuff with this face cup....guess we will see when it comes out......

Grey on the top, not white.

Gents, these fairways received a non-conforming letter from the USGA as originally submitted. There is a real and discernible technology difference in these that will make them significantly easier to hit off the deck than any other max-COR fairway wood. I've hit them extensively, and even though I vowed to never have a Callaway wood in the bag again, I can definitely see the 15* Pro fairway in the bag come Feb 1. They are astounding, and 100% the best looking club at address that is being released this year.

These look really cheap. It almost looks like they took the X-Hot Costco starter set and added a bit of tech to those clubs. This one doesn't look to stand a chance against RBZ 2.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Gents, these fairways received a non-conforming letter from the USGA as originally submitted. There is a real and discernible technology difference in these that will make them significantly easier to hit off the deck than any other max-COR fairway wood. I've hit them extensively, and even though I vowed to never have a Callaway wood in the bag again, I can definitely see the 15* Pro fairway in the bag come Feb 1. They are astounding, and 100% the best looking club at address that is being released this year.

Thanks for the info GC, I'll definitely give them a look, but it'll be hard to knock out my current gamer.

Archived