Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

REVIEW!- The Golf Roller

smhgolf

Introduction

horizontal view.jpg

The Golf Roller was created by Larry Sheman as a more durable, portable, more functional solution to the traditional foam roller for golfers. You can use the Golf Roller for your own stretching routine, or they also provide additional videos for stretching a specific area on their website

The entire sequence takes between 10-20 minutes depending on your pace. By taking a few minutes out of each day to practice the stretches provided, or any additional stretch's that you use in your regular routine, the GolfRoller is intended to increase back & core strength, and improve your flexibility.

Product Benefits

The essential component for any golfer to perform and score their best when playing is maximizing the flexibility & strength in their body. Like any other sport or exercise routine, stretching is essential to repair and rejuvenate the muscles in your body from the stress put on it. Playing on the Symetra Tour requires spending 10+ weeks out of the year driving in my car to golf tournaments, making frequent visits to the Chiropractor and Masseuses a necessity for me if I don't want to have the body of a 50 year old by the time I'm 30. Even with consistent trips to both, I still have chronic tightness in my back & neck. You'd think I was a 70 year old arthritic woman with a walking cane if you heard the way my body cracks. There are many weeks where getting a massage or visiting a chiropractor aren't an option, and this is where relying on a foam roller can be a useful alternative.

The GolfRoller allows you to use your body weight to give yourself a massage, or “myofascial release”, a form of soft tissue therapy used to relieve pain and restriction of motion. The game of golf puts a tremendous amount of pressure on our bodies, and by investing a few minutes with the GolfRoller, you can reduce lower back pain and increase your range of motion.

Benefits of the GolfRoller vs. the Conventional Foam Roller

hollow core.jpg

View of the hollow interior core

#1 Portability. It's compact enough to fit in a small space of your car, or if you're flying, it can fit easily into the side of a golf Travel Case.

#2 Lighter Weight than conventional Foam Rollers

#3 Durability. Unlike the styrofoam rollers you typically see that lose its shape over time, the Golf Roller is a two-piece construction that doesn't bend. The outer layer is a neoprene cover that can be removed and washed, while the inside is a hollow core of plastic.

Layers.jpg

Material Layers of the Golf Roller

Results

I performed the video sequence three times (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) over a week period to gather results. Obviously the longer you take to perform each stretch, the better results you'll get. Since my upper back and hips are my weakest areas, I spent a longer amount of time stretching those areas. When I began to perform the stretches, I noticed that the Golf Roller felt a lot more comfortable and provided a lot more cushion than traditional foam rollers. Immediately after going through the videos Monday, my body felt less tight, even in my weaker areas, and when taking shadow golf swings my body felt much looser. Throughout the next day I noticed less tightness than usual in my upper back & neck.

On Wednesday I was getting tightness in my back & neck once again, but after going through the video sequence, I was loosened up afterwards. Throughout the day Thursday I could noticeably tell that the tightness in my upper back was becoming much better.

By the time I reached my last test day on Friday, it felt much more like a routine to get through the videos, and my weak areas were requiring less time to stretch effectively. After taking Saturday and Sunday off from doing the program, my feelings of tightness began to return.

As with any fitness routine, in order to see & feel results you have to keep up with it regularly. If you commit to doing the video sequence at least twice I week, I firmly believe you will feel relief from tightness in your weak areas.

Value

authenticity label.jpg

Label of Authenticity attached on the inside of the core

The GolfRoller can be purchased on their website for $29.95, which also gives you a 1 year money back guarantee. For an additional $20 upfront, you can also purchase a 3 year cover replacement warranty. This lets you replace the cover up to two times. If you purchase a new cover at any time, the cost is $25.

Conclusion

Overall I was very impressed with the durability and comfortable feel of the GolfRoller. The portability is another great factor to consider with this product, especially if you are looking for an alternative to a foam roller when traveling. For $29.95, this is definitely a great product for any golfer, especially those who frequently travel, but can't fit a foam roller into their luggage to bring along with them.

One thing I'd like to see from the GolfRoller in the future would be a model that would act as more of a “trigger point” massager, similar to The Grid that would help loosen smaller areas & give a deeper stretch.

I like it, I use a yoga ball to stretch but I could incorporate this into that routine easily!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Interesting but... What do you do with it?

Do you have a how to video?

Ooo an attached video sample of the tester using it would be great with products like this. Other than that nice write up.

There is a link to the website with some video's.

Also great write up, wish I had seen this last Friday as I just purchased a different model from Amazon to do the 30yds in 30 days workout.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I'm just saying I'd like to see the actual tester using it to relate to their experience

Aaahh, gotcha. Thought you meant a video of anyone using (which is included in the review) vs the actual tester using it.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Also great write up, wish I had seen this last Friday as I just purchased a different model from Amazon to do the 30yds in 30 days workout.

I just bought a generic roller for the 30/30 training program too. These look much nicer. Maybe when it wears out I'll grab one of them.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Archived