Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

RT Technologies Ares LT

JMiller

This weekend I hit the new RT Technologies Ares LT, my best way to describe the shaft is WOW!!! The best shaft RT Technologies has put out to date.

About RT Technologies

The RT stands for Rigorously Tested. The owner of the company hand profiles every shaft every 3" up the shaft. If the shaft doesn't meat his numbers / expectations it is rejected. In a 360* radius around the shaft you will get within 1 CPM all the way around.

GolfSpy Matt wrote a review on the Zeus LT >> http://www.mygolfspy.com/zeus-lt-shaft-review/

Shaft Performance (10 out of 10)

WEIGHT ~ 65 grames

FLEX ~ I have a STIFF tipped 1/2". That is all someone needs swinging from 115 to 118 MPH, 3/4" would be too much unless you swing in the 120s.

DISTANCE ~ On my biggest drives I picked up 25yards at least, on average I picked up about 15yards.

CONTROL ~ My natural shot was a baby draw, however I was able to hit cuts when I needed them, I hit a high cut, low cut, high draw, low draw without any trouble.

FEEL ~ For a shaft that is medium to high launch and low spin I expected the feel in the butt to be stiff / board feeling. NOT THE CASE, it has the classic smooth feel that I have gotten used to from the Zeus LT. Flat amazing fee

Shaft Appearance (10 out of 10)

The shaft gets the same ion paint finish that the Zeus LT has (see pictures bellow) it blends from Blue to Silver instead of Copper to Silver.

1025130839a.jpg

1025130839.jpg

Shaft Price (10 of 10)

The shaft retails for $165,

With 3 applications of the nano treatment and the ion paint finish that is applied same as the Zeus LT that retails for $220 this is GREAT price.

Final Notes

Anyone that reads my reviews knows that I am very critical of golf equipment and marketing. I flat say that something could be better for the most part and don't really hold back much.

When I can't find something wrong with a shaft in 18holes in my driver and all I do is smile watching that ball just fly straight and forever, then you know what kind of product that this shaft is. Something VERY special, RT Technologies has raised their own bar of expectations for me now.

You can see the full product line of RT Technologies at their website >> http://rttechnologies.net/

Regards,

Miller

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

I do plan on getting some LM eventually, the above is all on the course review / range. The LM i had access to only would read properly up to my 4wood, with the driver it just wasn't calibrated properly or something, so the data was useless. In short with the driver it had incorrect numbers compared to outside on the course.

If you have questions or anything you can ask I will try to get to them, I can't promise it will be a fast response.

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

I've really been a fan of the AXE 7+ TS shafts from last year. Although, I will admit they are sometimes hard to hit a baby draw with. Your review has me very intrigued.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

I've really been a fan of the AXE 7+ TS shafts from last year. Although, I will admit they are sometimes hard to hit a baby draw with. Your review has me very intrigued.

I am a natural drawer of the ball. A baby draw is what I would expect to hit most the time.

So I judge a shaft by not "okay it hits a draw", more by "okay I can hit a controlled fade if needed"

I have played the AXE XCaliber 7+ TS, I have a review of it somewhere on this website.

~ I had a terrible time hitting a cut with that shaft. First installed it straight-in then tipped 1/4" didn't exactly work really well for me.

>> The head just wanted to roll over in my hands through impact when I was purposely holding it off to play a cut.

I said it before the AXE XCaliber 7+ TS is a great shaft for $60, It just didn't fit me, the feel was way better then I had expected on that shaft as well.

RT does make some great looking shafts. Was your distance gains more from carry or roll? Was the distance gain over the Zeus or your Black Ops?

Thanks for writing this up. I thought about trying their Chaos but have not yet.

RT does make some great looking shafts. Was your distance gains more from carry or roll? Was the distance gain over the Zeus or your Black Ops?

I got more carry and still get the run out expected. So I guess the short answer is a little of both. Only real time it didn't run was on very wet spots on fairways. Anything average to firm it runs for me very well.

Basically this is what I get:

Zeus LT (X-Flex & Stiff Tipped 1/2") ~ Low Launch & Low Spin

Ares LT (Stiff Tipped 1/2") ~ Medium to High Launch & Low Spin

For me in my swing the ARES feels better, launches the ball better and just provides more distance then the Zeus LT. Not saying the Zeus LT is a bad shaft it is completely the opposite, probably the best Low Launch & Low Spin shafts I have ever tried

Comparing these two shafts is like comparing apples to oranges, completely different profiles.

Thanks for writing this up. I thought about trying their Chaos but have not yet.

The Chaos is a light saber, that orange is bright as heck. I have not hit the shaft but i have seen them on a couple occasions. The tip wall thickness is VERY thick. It is super tip stiff. The minimum flex is a X-Stiff, I thought they came in XX and XXX at one point because it is more a long drive shaft then anything.

The other shaft that I have played is the all silver Zeus 75.

~ The profile on that shaft is Stiff butt, Stiff mid, Stiff tip.

>> I had a "Stiff" and raw it was 274 CPM, it was not the proper profile shaft for me but still more playable then you might think.

>>>> I found "Stiff" to be best at 117-120, X-Stiff would be around 125+, Stiff Star (something around 110 - 116 probably)

On a side note :: I have also played the Midas 88 (X-Flex) & the Midas 98 (Stiff Tipped 1") in my Tour Edge Exotics CB2 19* Hybrid

>> Just in the case anyone wanted to ask about Hybrid shafts I can answer those questions as well.

So in short the only 3 shafts I haven't tried in the RT Technologies line up are:

~ Chaos

~ Ares (Original, before the LT released)

~ Atlas

The Chaos is a light saber, that orange is bright as heck. I have not hit the shaft but i have seen them on a couple occasions. The tip wall thickness is VERY thick. It is super tip stiff. The minimum flex is a X-Stiff, I thought they came in XX and XXX at one point because it is more a long drive shaft then anything.

I have a HOF Winther 4x shaft that is tipped 3" in my game driver. I am sure I am losing some distance but I can control it better than anything else I have swung. I have had better luck with stiffer tipped shafts so I might have to give the Chaos a try. Thanks

Yea no problem...

i happen to fall into that 115 - 118 mph range give or take 2mph...

I know the Chaos is more shaft then I can handle... If you contact the guy I sent in the PM, he will be able to better fit you then I can for the RT Technologies line.

Archived