P1040693_grande.jpg

Purple Ostrich

P1040825_grande.jpg

Red Crocodile

P1040896_grande.jpg

Tan Python

P1040921_687d562c-3191-4ebf-8d12-14ee080ec637_grande.jpg

White Crocodile

All of our putter grips are handmade from genuine leather with finishes that replicate the look and feel of exotic animal skin.

post-54443-0-07055700-1406684950.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mention that this feels like a here we go again scenario.  We never mind folks who market golf related equipment on the forums what we do mind is when all they do is market rather than participate.

Thus far I'm seeing lots of marketing and no participation.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Jeeze guys. I have no clue who this ace grips guy is, but this seems a little harsh. There's something for everyone and if they aren't to your taste we don't have to put him on blast.

Not really that harsh.  We see all the time these guys come along and start all kinds of thread and become part of "the community".  But all they really do is post thread after thread of buy my crap.  A few, I can think of two, have really participated in the forums, commenting about things that have nothing to do with their product, but most do not.

As far as it these suit my taste, lol, those grips look like they were colored by Marvel Comics.  Vivid colors, well, I will just say the are too vivid for my taste.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

• SPY VIP

What an incredibly immature way to welcome a new sponsor to MyGolfSpy.  

I know some of you became acquaintances with the BestGrips owner, which is the ONLY reason for your actions.  But no excuse for it whatsoever.  This only happens with 2 members on MGS and it is not going to continue to happen any more on this forum.  I don't step in often, actually almost ever to comment about this kind of thing, but this has gone too far.  This is you guys home, a place for you all to hang your hat.  But at the end of the day I still own and operate MyGolfSpy.  And that means I always have to do what is in the best interest for MGS and its members.  And right now it is in the best interest of the whole for me to call out the few.  It's old, I am tired of it and so are many of the members.  I have heard their concerns and pushed them aside too long.  

I do not ban members and I do not delete comments.  But what I will do is tell you how I feel when you're being an *******.  Rick and RP you are both being exactly that.  The fact that I have to do this publicly to a new sponsor and company that is simply trying to do what he loves is unfortunate.  So I apologize to Daniel and Ace of Clubs, but not to the individuals involved.  You will not be banned, your comments will never be deleted and be left for all to see.  But realize you do more harm here than good.  

You have freedom of speech on MyGolfSpy like NO other golf site. That will NEVER change.  But this will.

#TruthDigest

Actually, I was referring to RevKev's comment.  And I have told Zach I am not a fan of vivid colored grips that are supposed to be animal skin.  And I really don't like flat billed caps.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Is there a way for folks to identify themselves as sponsors so that we don't jump on them . I like to be hospitable in general and appreciate the openness of this site but don't want to be spammed.

I do like to be a team player however.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On the right hand side of your screen there is a twitter feed ticker. The current tweet- mygolfspy tweeting out a coupon code for this guy. On the introduce yourself page Spyzinger has been the first to welcome him on board...writings kind of on the wall.

I hear you Rev about not wanting to be spammed. The flip side is that we're gonna get some kind of secret bulletin to stroke a new sponsors ego when they arrive either. How about we all just play nice with all members. It was pretty obvious to a casual observer what was going on here.

Got it, thanks. Good luck to you Ace of clubs. Actually your presence here makes me wonder why we are so concerned about participation that we have two hot threads going on it. Obviously there is money to be made if people are willing to jump in and start golf related businesses.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Hey guys,

I appreciate everyone's comments and participation in this thread. It certainly has received a lot of attention since I posted it yesterday.

Let me first get a couple things out there; First, I believe that everyone has a right to their own opinions and that they should have the freedom to voice them whenever they choose to. Second, I must also commend MyGolfSpy for creating such a unique environment where golfers have the freedom to share their views without the threat of censorship. Finally, when I started this thread, my intention was to simply share photos with the community. In my opinion, MyGolfSpy is the best golf forum on the web. Furthermore, I have found the membership includes some of the most knowledgeable and passionate golfers that I have ever met. So I thought this forum would be the perfect place to share my passion and my company.

In hindsight, it probably would have been better for me to announce myself as a new sponsor prior to posting any product photos. So for those of you who were offended by my approach, I sincerely apologize and I appreciate your patience with me as I learn the ropes.

I know that MyGolfSpy announced that I am a new Forum Sponsor, but please allow me the opportunity to do this more properly:

My name is Daniel and I am a former PGA Professional that has a passion for all things golf. I started the Ace of Clubs Golf Company because I went searching for a product that did not exist, so I created it. More specifically, I was in search of a leather putter grip that looked like one of Phil Mickelson's belts, but that didn't cost $200. When I realized that this product didn't exist, I began to make them myself, exclusively for my own personal use. As I used them during practice and play, I began to receive requests from admirers to make similar grips. That was back in 2012. Since that time, I have resigned from the PGA of America and the glamorous life of a club pro to pursue my golf business full time. I have recently launched my first website and I am now looking to share my passion with the MyGolfSpy community.

In closing, I am excited to be a part of the community and I look forward to participating daily in the forums and making some new friends along the way.

Daniel Pusilo

Owner

The Ace of Clubs Golf Co. LLC

Daniel, that's fantastic. Good for you for being able to follow your passion and start up a business where you get to work doing (and making) what you love. It takes guts to leave what you were accustomed to and start up a small business.

Welcome to the site, I'm looking forward to seeing you around and watching your business grow and experience continued success.

Good luck. Daniel and thanks for being such a good sport. You are very kind to apologize when we were the ones misbehaving. I seriously do hope that you participate here as you are able.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Hi Daniel, welcome.  That copper croc looks kinda cool. Maybe I'll try one sometime. Is it kind of slick feeling or a bit tacky?

Just wondering what wasn't available when you were looking.  Did you do something different than what was on the market already? 

I've seen some of your grips on eBay for a while now when browsing different things.  When I first say the username, I thought of another Ace of Clubs company that's Frank Viola's club fitting outfit, if I'm being honest.  So I started watching and following a few of the eBay listings to see what else came out of the studio.  Now I know it's a separate venture, and it's intriguing to see what else comes out.  

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Daniel, that's fantastic. Good for you for being able to follow your passion and start up a business where you get to work doing (and making) what you love. It takes guts to leave what you were accustomed to and start up a small business.

Welcome to the site, I'm looking forward to seeing you around and watching your business grow and experience continued success.

Thanks very much!

I've seen some of your grips on eBay for a while now when browsing different things.  When I first say the username, I thought of another Ace of Clubs company that's Frank Viola's club fitting outfit, if I'm being honest.  So I started watching and following a few of the eBay listings to see what else came out of the studio.  Now I know it's a separate venture, and it's intriguing to see what else comes out.  

No association with Mr. Viola, but we appreciate your support.

Very happy to be here and look forward to particpating as much as possible.

Good luck. Daniel and thanks for being such a good sport. You are very kind to apologize when we were the ones misbehaving. I seriously do hope that you participate here as you are able.

Hi Daniel, welcome.  That copper croc looks kinda cool. Maybe I'll try one sometime. Is it kind of slick feeling or a bit tacky?

Just wondering what wasn't available when you were looking.  Did you do something different than what was on the market already? 

Blade,

The Copper Crocodile is very tacky, as do most of our grips that we offer. You would not be disappointed of you picked one up to try.

If you follow golf fashion and trends, as most golfers do, when Graham McDowell won the U.S. Open in 2010, he did so sporting some stylish belts made by the House of Fleming. Needless to say they caught my eye and peaked my interest. Shortly thereafter, a large number of PGA pros started wearing the colorful crocodile leather H of F creations, most notably Phil Mickelson. After a personal visit to the House of Fleming in Atlanta, I wanted to purchase one of everything in the store. The problem was that a crocodile belt by the House of Fleming cost between $500-600. Long story short, I went home empty handed. But I had a thought.Those colorful, exotic leathers would look sweet on a putter grip. So I started to search. I instantly found what I was looking for being manufactured by several companies, the problem was that the grips were priced around $150-200. Just as with the belts, they were again out my price range.

This is where the story starts to get interesting; I began to learn about the golf grip making process, how to source the raw materials, etc.. Finally I decided to use an embossed genuine leather to make my own putter grips. A few months later and I had a few prototypes that I began to use for my personal use. Then I started to receive requests from friends to make them their own custom grips. Not long after that, armed with a very small amount of seed money, my business degree and a desire to turn my passion into a business I started the Ace of Clubs Golf Co.

#1, I had no idea he was a sponser-

None-

Remember the glove man who posted all over the site?

He wasn't a sponsor-

And as far as me being an @sshole?

LMAO

Tell me something I don't know ;)

And to the new sponsor, my bad-

Stuff looks great-

My Best,

Richard

Richard,

No worries my friend. I have had the same experience from non-sponsors positng their un-solicited product placements all over the forums. It can be frustrating. Anyways, I look forward to chatting with you in the future. Keep the comments coming.

Thank You :)

Contrary to all of "these members," 95-98% of the time I bring value to the site, lol.

My threads and posts are easy to find :)

Again, thanks for the classy response!

Stay well my friend,

My Best,

Richard

You bet Richard. Keep it coming.

Daniel, welcome aboard, and please don't take the rocky start as anything but an oversight/mistake. Everyone on these forums are great folks, express theirs, their thoughts and experiences 99.9% in a positive way. Bet you find things here like a home away from home, and some very good looking stuff.

Do you do any over sized grips?

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Daniel, welcome aboard, and please don't take the rocky start as anything but an oversight/mistake. Everyone on these forums are great folks, express theirs, their thoughts and experiences 99.9% in a positive way. Bet you find things here like a home away from home, and some very good looking stuff.

Do you do any over sized grips?

John,

Thanks I appreciate you saying that. We only offer Standard and Midsize at the moment. They are both a pistol style grip. But we are working on some larger sizes at the moment. Stay tuned for more updates.

Daniel, from what i've seen your grips look great. 

Welcome to the site, and I wish you all the best.

If you have the chance (and if it doesn't give away trade secrets) could you walk us through your process as you use leather to create suto skins? 

Archived