Testers Wanted: Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

6 hours ago, Rob Person said:

I made a big mistake today.  I was browsing in a golf store today and randomly saw a lonely putter just being absolutely shamed to no end. They put it in a back corner behind a staff bag full of new putters.  I meandered  over and moved the bag and pulled it out from hiding. It had a jumbo max grip, a red shaft, and it was a lefty. I plucked a few balls from the practice cup and began rolling it.  This putter was just buttery smooth. Sank 8/10 putts from 16 feet and in. The other 2 misses were by inches. I  got brave and finally flipped it over. It had a nice orange clearance sticker stating  it was 99$. Ladies and gentlemen,  I am NOT the proud owner of this gem. Its an Odyssey stroke lab mallet putter.

I asked the counter guy how long it had been there, and he said he didn't even realize it was sitting back there... 

I asked him to call me in a week if it's still there, and I may go back for it. Been looking for another left handed putter for awhile now.

Im hoping they work, because I have zero skill with long irons!

That’s quite a find…seems like you need a lefty Odyssey to go with the righty you already have!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

7 hours ago, sman3115 said:

This putter and the grip which I blew on with an air compressor for the first time.  Mind-blowing 

I picked this up because I spent like 2 hours at PGATSS and couldn't pull the trigger on a $650 DF3... Yet

PXL_20240517_230756619.jpg

I get no being able to "pull the trigger"

6 hours ago, RaRa Golf said:

@sman3115I

love the Tour SNSR grips. I have a 104cc pistol grip on my 2-Ball original, and a straight 140cc grip on a Mizuno putter I have. I need to find a new home for the blue one. I'm not a fan of the Mizuno putter it's on and I never use it, so it's a waste of a great grip. I don't have another putter to put it on though, so that might be a good excuse to look for another one... 🫣

image.png

It was on clearance at PGATSS figured for 2.5 hours of putting practice it was the least I could do for them.  They were $20 each, but they only had the straights.  I got the 140.  You should check the website, they were the same price online when. I looked.

If you blow it on with a compressor like I did you can take it right off if you want to change putters. So cool, I am done with double sided tape and solvent.

:callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS 9* :projectx: LZ Blue Designed in SD 60g Stiff-Flex

image.png.dbc730be382654e44c7d2a48fa6eed67.pngJPX-850 5W 16* :Fuji: Motore Tour Spec 6.3 Stiff-Flex

image.png.9454767fdf9faf9965f7cd6c94d1c24a.png 0317X Gen4 2-Hybrid 17* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75g Stiff-Flex or

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png 0211 3-Hybrid 19* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75g Stiff-Flex

image.png.e9d9c096f6e44154c947eaa8b0bd6541.pngPro 223 4-Iron Nippon Shafts Pro Modus3 Tour 105g Stiff-Flex

image.png.3ec41f28452096d8fcdde969774ec768.pngMP-20 MMC 5-PW LA Golf Tour AXS Blue 105g Stiff-Flex

image.png.ea5de508878d729c6e26f45fb78d76fb.pngPro 223 GW 52* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 105g Stiff-Flex

image.png.25dc4d61c6e70541d98a681e1fade611.pngMG3 56* SB12 & 60* SB10 True Temper Dynamic Gold S400W

image.png.b81b08ab505111827d8b0cdc1bb93d14.pngWhite Hot Versa 12 Stroke Labs 70 Series shaft 

image.png.8c023ed39f083a2d0f865ee72c27c8d2.pngAcross the board

image.png

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 12:55 PM, ILMgolfnut said:

Got outbid again on eBay on a L.A.B. DF 2.1, but lo and behold a seller popped into my inbox with a $15 price cut on a 2.1 I was already watching, so I pulled the trigger. It's a tiny bit beat up, but so is my current putter. And I wound up paying less for this than if I'd won the auction.

image.png.b4d771a68b54c82fa3778b84f30f4b13.png

Opened the 2.1 last night when I got home. Looks exactly like above. No headcover included, and I'd surmise from the dings that the previous owner(s) rarely if ever used theirs. I'll have to decide if I need to track down a headcover before I leave for Scotland.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

16 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I ordered a pullover short sleeve rain jacket to have in the bag at Kingsmill. I've never owned a golf specific one and do have one my grandmother bought for me years ago for hunting, but it's not breathable at all. Plus, I don't know how what a golf course outside the South would say about a camo jacket, especially the fancier courses. I bought the grey one, there's too much blue in my life since that's one of the colors I have to many of in polos. Thanks to @Tom the Golf Nut for directing me to this one. 

2476.jpeg.b3b66623f8101df55cc5771db48dccf2.jpeg

I also picked up a new Adidas hat for the trip just to go with one specific outfit. My wife says I'm a diva. 

Kingsmill still qualifies as the South 😛

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

3 hours ago, unccross said:

Got some new shoes via eBay, hoping some more traditional shoes will help with my toe pain!

IMG_5132.jpeg.d43643d309d08ae75a4607e6167bb026.jpegIMG_5133.jpeg.4cd5cf4055c4b0da5a151955d38c3c21.jpeg

Gloves were in the mail when I got home from playing today. 
IMG_5129.jpeg.8e83de6296c7ac8c27e7a927434d1b73.jpegIMG_5128.jpeg.4885e8c4e5b333ded4d528b443b84035.jpeg

Are you fighting arthritis in the big "ball" joint of the big toe?  I just came off successful toe fusion surgery.  They fuse the two toe bones together and put in a piece of fast growing foot bone, from the heel.  I ran out of getting relief from various inserts and arch supports.  I recommend the surgery if your doctor does.  I spent 2 weeks on crutches, not allowed to put any weight on the foot.  Then the cast come off and a hard plastic boot goes on.  start gradually putting weight on the front of the foot.  4 weeks in the boot and then it goes away and I started swinging a club lightly, and by the 8th week from surgery, full swing hitting balls.  Am now 11th week.  happy as clams.  still some healing to go, I walk slowly and hitting the ball better than pre surg.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

35 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I ordered a pullover short sleeve rain jacket to have in the bag at Kingsmill. I've never owned a golf specific one and do have one my grandmother bought for me years ago for hunting, but it's not breathable at all. Plus, I don't know how what a golf course outside the South would say about a camo jacket, especially the fancier courses. I bought the grey one, there's too much blue in my life since that's one of the colors I have to many of in polos. Thanks to @Tom the Golf Nut for directing me to this one. 

2476.jpeg.b3b66623f8101df55cc5771db48dccf2.jpeg

I also picked up a new Adidas hat for the trip just to go with one specific outfit. My wife says I'm a diva. 

Now that you’re prepared, it definitely won’t rain!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

34 minutes ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Are you fighting arthritis in the big "ball" joint of the big toe?  I just came off successful toe fusion surgery.  They fuse the two toe bones together and put in a piece of fast growing foot bone, from the heel.  I ran out of getting relief from various inserts and arch supports.  I recommend the surgery if your doctor does.  I spent 2 weeks on crutches, not allowed to put any weight on the foot.  Then the cast come off and a hard plastic boot goes on.  start gradually putting weight on the front of the foot.  4 weeks in the boot and then it goes away and I started swinging a club lightly, and by the 8th week from surgery, full swing hitting balls.  Am now 11th week.  happy as clams.  still some healing to go, I walk slowly and hitting the ball better than pre surg.

I have not idea what the issue is and haven't had it checked out yet.  Seems to hurt a lot worse when walking in cushioned golf shoes. I rode 27 holes in the new nike's yesterday and hardly and soreness at all, I walked 27 today and the bottom of big toe is sore but that's  a different pain than I have been in.  I almost believe its over flexing the joint in the soft flexible shoes if that makes sense, but I could be wrong.  I purchased the cushioned shoes for walking because the others hurt my heels and bottom of my feet and now the cushioned ones seem to hurt my big toe.  Hopefully the new ones with help.  Thanks 

Jnr

16 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

Happen to know my wife got me the Ask Echo locking club bag for Father's Day this year but she's still making me Wait to Father's Day to play with my new toy.. Being grown sucks

Screenshot_20240518-211028.png

That's a great looking bag!  If I ever get a new bag it's between this one, the Big Max (similar to askecho but with staircased inserts) , and the Bagboy rotating top, golf bag .

Happy early father's day!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Just now, Rob Person said:

That's a great looking bag!  If I ever get a new bag it's between this one, the Big Max (similar to askecho but with staircased inserts) , and the Bagboy rotating top, golf bag .

Happy early father's day!

Well damn, now I got to look at other bags.. Mine is just in the Amazon cart so it isn't too late yet lol

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

4 hours ago, RoyN said:

Not bought but gifted at a charity tournament today. Some of you hockey fans might recognize the name. Definitely going to be put to use.

20240518_182229.jpg

20240518_182240.jpg

Goalie for the Broad Street Bullies?  

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

9 hours ago, Bubba1985 said:

Well damn, now I got to look at other bags.. Mine is just in the Amazon cart so it isn't too late yet lol

This is the Big Max drilite 2 bag

https://us.bigmaxgolf.com/products/dri-lite-silencio-2

I'm not sold on the staircase top quite yet though. 

Screenshot_20240519_065451_Chrome.jpg.6c777162551faebf077759947fc0c982.jpg

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Couldn't find any push carts, so I made one!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Grant Fuhr was the goalie for the first couple of the Edmonton Oilers' Stanley Cups in the 1980s and probably would have gotten the St. Louis Blues their first Cup a few years later had that dirty cheating @*#( Nick Kypreos not intentionally dove onto his leg to injure him.  I'm not still bitter or anything for having to wait another 20+ years for the Blues to win the Cup...

Edited by ctg44

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

This is the Big Max drilite 2 bag

https://us.bigmaxgolf.com/products/dri-lite-silencio-2

I'm not sold on the staircase top quite yet though. 

Screenshot_20240519_065451_Chrome.jpg.6c777162551faebf077759947fc0c982.jpg

That bag looks huge!  Wonder how it fits on a cart with a bag next to it.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

16 hours ago, sman3115 said:

It was on clearance at PGATSS figured for 2.5 hours of putting practice it was the least I could do for them.  They were $20 each, but they only had the straights.  I got the 140.  You should check the website, they were the same price online when. I looked.

If you blow it on with a compressor like I did you can take it right off if you want to change putters. So cool, I am done with double sided tape and solvent.

Funny enough, it is blown on, I just don't have another home for it right now. But it should be easy to remove when it's ready for greener pastures.

I'll never tape on another putter grip, it's pointless with swing speeds at 6 mph, but I'm too nervous not to tape full swing clubs. I'd be worried about them twisting more than slipping off, but I don't really want to find out how far my actual 7 iron goes... 

Driver: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero & Epic Flash TaylorMade M5 Mizuno ST-190

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 16º (2014) Adams Black Super Hybrid 17º / Adams Super Hybrid 19º

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey 2-Ball® / O-Works 2-Ball Fang Tank Ping Candence TR Tomcat C

3 hours ago, ctg44 said:

Grant Fuhr was the goalie for the first couple of the Edmonton Oilers' Stanley Cups in the 1980s and probably would have gotten the St. Louis Blues their first Cup a few years later had that dirty cheating @*#( Nick Kypreos not intentionally dove onto his leg to injure him.  I'm not still bitter or anything for having to wait another 20+ years for the Blues to win the Cup...

Well I knew he was a NHL top goalie without using goog.  If you put a search on ebay for Dave Musty putters you find some made for a well know sport or other person.  He hand makes wood putters, is a excellent woodworker / furniture maker who went rogue.  I have seen 1 or 2 made for NHL guys.  It's kinda bizare that Gretsky never won another Cup after leaving Oil.

11 hours ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

No, 80s Oiler teams with the Great One. 4 time cup winner and HoFr. Also scratch golfer and nicest person I know!

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

4 minutes ago, RoyN said:

No, 80s Oiler teams with the Great One. 4 time cup winner and HoFr. Also scratch golfer and nicest person I know!

Have you met Wayne, spent any time with?  Or just know of him as a fan.