What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

My wife hates it, but I've been on the hunt for new golfing hat, and have just been swing and missing for months. Tried the Melin, liked the material, didn't like the fit (Odyssey), tried on a bunch at Golf Galaxy and just could find one that I liked the material and the fit. Finally ordered a couple of Branded Bills hats and I think I finally found my golf hat. My wife rejoiced lolol.

In other news! Have been slowly selling off old clubs to fund a fitting and a full new bag at the end of the season. Doing pretty well so far selling on FB Marketplace. Almost have everything sold to afford the fitting and set of irons, then sell the old irons to fund the driver, rinse and repeat for the rest of the bag. Figure as I'm piecing everything together over time, I'll get Irons->Driver->Hybrid->Wedges->Wood->Bag

image.png.695997e0ab2d273d1e9a6d9a59693008.pngWhat's In The Bag:

Bag:   Ghost Golf GT-14 Patriot Cart Bag                                                             Push Cart Mafia:  image.png.b59a1c1a2ab63e23e9cfc08d20037566.png 3-Wheel Golf Cart

Driver:  image.png.79a211d0cf342e8c00f2d2c7969b1a80.png  AI Smoke Max D 10.5* w/ Project X Denali Blue 60                    Hybrid:  image.png.79a211d0cf342e8c00f2d2c7969b1a80.png AI Smoke 4H(21*) w/ Project X Cypher 2.0 70HYB     

Irons: 5-PW image.png.b4ec8b1f2367ed37c1ad1bcb163545d1.png ZX5 MKII w/ KBS Tour Lite                                                    Wedges:  image.png.ef09dadd02c892716857ee9bf90993c6.png CBX 4 Zipcore 50*, RTX 6 Zipcore 54*/58*          

Putter:  image.png.6f232d68128a0864f020965748b290ba.png DF3, Green 65*/35                                                             Balls:  image.png.4b88007c7921e9a723765a29d110ca08.png Tour X                                                                           

Grips:  Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize                                                                      Tech: Garmin Approach S70

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Really nice to see when vets, and especially wounded vets, get recognition 👍 ..and a fun golf outing with awesome prizes 👍👍

Sorry to say I'd stopped donating to WWP after reading about a big scandal a while back .. though I do donate to other vets charities .. and will have to take another look at WWP. Glad you had a great time at their event!

Thank you and it wasn’t the Wounded Warrior Project. This was a different organization. It’s the Texas Wounded Warrior Foundation. Totally different organization and they even have a disclaimer on their website. I decided to put up a link to the site for those interested:

https://www.txwoundedwarrior.com/

Edited by Javs

Play like a champion today!

3 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Really nice to see when vets, and especially wounded vets, get recognition 👍 ..and a fun golf outing with awesome prizes 👍👍

Sorry to say I'd stopped donating to WWP after reading about a big scandal a while back .. though I do donate to other vets charities .. and will have to take another look at WWP. Glad you had a great time at their event!

I do the same,  I support local VFW's as a matter of fact i will be playing in a VFW golf tournamament next month.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

1 hour ago, bama no 1 said:

I do the same,  I support local VFW's as a matter of fact i will be playing in a VFW golf tournamament next month.

This is the link to the Texas WW Foundation. It’s a stand alone organization and not part of the one that was in trouble for fraud. https://www.txwoundedwarrior.com/

Play like a champion today!

8 hours ago, Javs said:

Thank you and it wasn’t the Wounded Warrior Project. This was a different organization. It’s the Texas Wounded Warrior Foundation. Totally different organization and they even have a disclaimer on their website. I decided to put up a link to the site for those interested:

https://www.txwoundedwarrior.com/

Aha. See what happens when you "assume"! Checked out their site and appreciate they put a link to Financials right on the main page 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

For Sale in Classifieds: SkyTrak home launch monitor in excellent condition

21 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I picked up a new pair of Puma Ignite Boas back in February and wore them during the Kingsmill outing. I went to wear them last Sunday and noticed the Puma emblem in the middle of the boa tightening system was missing on one shoe.

IMG_0883.jpeg.3c22aaa9c7e99779bff0dffa822a0e0e.jpeg

I sent Puma Golf an email and asked for a replacement emblem. Gave them a copy of the purchase confirmation. They do have a 1 year warranty. Not even 10 minutes later I got an email that a replacement pair of shoes was shipping. They didn’t even blink an eye. I just wanted the emblem.

Serious customer service. 

So I just removed the other insert and painted the inside and bolt head black. Then filled the cavity with resin on both shoes. Bingo looks good and I got a new pair of shoes in transit.

IMG_0895.jpeg.2dfd81f185732eed716fd439472bd61d.jpeg

That is some seriously good customer service and I glad you figured out a fix for your current pair. 

14 hours ago, Javs said:

This is the link to the Texas WW Foundation. It’s a stand alone organization and not part of the one that was in trouble for fraud. https://www.txwoundedwarrior.com/

thanks much i will check them out.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

3 hours ago, Wolfstrum said:

The utility 3i arrived yesterday and I was able to get out and play 9 holes with it yesterday evening. 

IMG_3413.jpeg

IMG_3414.jpeg

IMG_3415.jpeg

IMG_3416.jpeg

How’d you like it? 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

2 hours ago, Preeway said:

How’d you like it? 

Very happy with it. I plan to get out to the driving range so I can dial in my distance with it. Once I have gotten a few more rounds and driving range time I plan to post a short review here on the forum. I have an easier time hitting long irons than fairway woods and hybrids. This gives me some additional reach off the tee when a driver is too long and for second shots on long holes. 

Switch hitter, RH Driver, LH Irons

Callaway Mavrik Driver (RH)

Sub 70 3i Driving/Utility iron (LH)

Maltby STi2 4i-PW, GW (LH)

Mizuno MP R Series 52 degree 

Wilson Jim Ferrier Signature SW (LH)

Mizuno TP Mills blade putter (LH)

I have a pair of second chance True Original 1.2’s on the way. Will share how the second chance ones look when they come in. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

When you want to do a new putter build, you need to start with a putter head.   Wanted to build a blade style putter with a graphite shaft of some kind.   Probably in late 2000s I played a center shafted Sizemore putter which I liked but obviously like other putters that I have used I moved on to try other things.   While looking I ran across a Bruce Sizemore putter that is from his new company (More Golf) at a price that I was willing to pay.   It arrived yesterday and it is exactly what I was looking for:  More Golf Render blade putter with Oban stepless steel putter shaft and JumboMax 1.2 grip.  Based on rolling a few carpet putts it feels a little head heavy and the ball seems to be hot off the face.  Both are good traits since I am thinking about maybe counterbalancing the putter to get more weight under my hands.   The face of the putter is definitely unique;  it feels like fine grit sandpaper.  

Anyway,  a what you bought post is useless without pictures:

DSCN2535(Custom).JPG.c00f9911c91cadf51a6bcff19e131bf8.JPGDSCN2536(Custom).JPG.0a5f5c35628ec069b968bf1b44281cbd.JPGDSCN2537(Custom).JPG.209b6853c1f8938b1b4c9e05dd18bf49.JPGDSCN2538(Custom).JPG.9453e204247e1cc79257f46e750f9534.JPGDSCN2539(Custom).JPG.c29ecb4b2a208ceb60f47c842f7132f6.JPGDSCN2543(Custom).JPG.491cb8ee49bec9fe590d5f3d6b3fff10.JPG

That's a beautiful looking putter! I haven't ever heard of them but then, I'm not a putter junkie when though I see where it could be very tempting to fall down that hole. There's just so many out there. 

I can't wait to hear how it performs for you. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's a beautiful looking putter! I haven't ever heard of them but then, I'm not a putter junkie when though I see where it could be very tempting to fall down that hole. There's just so many out there. 

I can't wait to hear how it performs for you. 

You may have seen some videos of their modular irons. Pretty innovative stuff.

Driver: TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Epic Sub-Zero / Callaway Epic Flash 

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 19º (2014) 

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey Ai-ONE 2-Ball® / Ping Candence TR Tomcat C

Hey everyone, wanted some advice. I have been playing golf now for the last two years. I have been using the Calloway Edge set from Cosco. 

I am currently a 21 HC per 18 Birdies. I play once a week usually, at minimum once every two weeks. For the last 6 months, I consistently score between a 93-97. Got a new PR of 90 the other day! 

My question -- is it worth upgrading my Edge set? I got fitted for a AI Smoke Driver and AI Smoke Irons/G430 Irons (toss up between the two per my fitter).

Thank you in advance for the guidance! :) 

14 minutes ago, nc23nick said:

Hey everyone, wanted some advice. I have been playing golf now for the last two years. I have been using the Calloway Edge set from Cosco. 

I am currently a 21 HC per 18 Birdies. I play once a week usually, at minimum once every two weeks. For the last 6 months, I consistently score between a 93-97. Got a new PR of 90 the other day! 

My question -- is it worth upgrading my Edge set? I got fitted for a AI Smoke Driver and AI Smoke Irons/G430 Irons (toss up between the two per my fitter).

Thank you in advance for the guidance! 🙂

Asking a group of golfers if you should get new clubs is like asking a dog if they want walkies 😂😂

I am of the opinion that if your clubs are working well for you then is it worth buying a full new set. But on the flip side if you want them, can afford them, and feel you will get your money's worth out of them over the years then 100% go for it. A good set of clubs can last you years.

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

23 minutes ago, nc23nick said:

Thank you in advance for the guidance! 🙂

Congratulations on the recent PB!

It really depends, do you feel like you are losing shots with the set you have, or are you looking for something different?

I’m still playing a set of irons from 2011 because they still work for me.  Have found anything that feels right when I look at my local shop.

But if you think that there are gains with the new clubs, then go for it.  Or, if you just want something new, then go for it!!!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

3 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Congratulations on the recent PB!

It really depends, do you feel like you are losing shots with the set you have, or are you looking for something different?

I’m still playing a set of irons from 2011 because they still work for me.  Have found anything that feels right when I look at my local shop.

But if you think that there are gains with the new clubs, then go for it.  Or, if you just want something new, then go for it!!!

Thank you so much, haha. 

As far as distance goes, I am pretty happy with all of my clubs. I think what I am hoping to get with new clubs is more consistency/forgiveness.  With my current driver, I slice quite often. With my irons, I tend to hook them. 

And then yes, I lean towards buying them just to buy them because I can ... but I am trying to be at least somewhat logically with it haha. I just bought the a new golf bag, Ghost Everyday (love it so much), and I just feel some new clubs would look even better with it ... 

6 minutes ago, nc23nick said:

Thank you so much, haha. 

As far as distance goes, I am pretty happy with all of my clubs. I think what I am hoping to get with new clubs is more consistency/forgiveness.  With my current driver, I slice quite often. With my irons, I tend to hook them. 

And then yes, I lean towards buying them just to buy them because I can ... but I am trying to be at least somewhat logically with it haha. I just bought the a new golf bag, Ghost Everyday (love it so much), and I just feel some new clubs would look even better with it ... 

The Ghost bags are sharp looking and agree, new clubs would look nice in there!

Distance control and forgiving would definitely be improvements and could help lead to more PBs!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter