What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Good luck with the new sticks.  Don’t forget Tour Edge.  Mine were $60 from Rock Bottom.

Rick, you read my mind… I was looking at Tour Edge this morning. 😂

I know nothing about their clubs though. I’ve heard some guys say they love them, but I’ve also heard that although very forgiving, they aren’t the longest out there? Which model do you have, and what are your thoughts? If this 6 works out, I’d take a flyer on one of their hybrid sets maybe 7-PW? I think they were $99 per on TGW, but I’d be fine with an older and cheaper version if RBG has them. (Guess what site I’m going to now?)

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

:ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) 

:ping-small: G425 Max 14.5*

:cleveland-small: Hy-wood 18*

:cleveland-small: Launcher XL 21* 

:cleveland-small: Halo Launcher XL 5-DW 

:cleveland-small: CBX2 56*  Smart Sole 4 C

L.A.B. Golf DF2.1 BGT Stability Tour Black 65* 34”

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black 

I pulled the trigger on an upgrade in the driving iron department. I am moving from my 716 tmb to a t200 utility with an AD DI 105x hybrid shaft. I got it at a price I couldn’t pass up. Will post pictures when it comes 

• Like 7

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST 9 💎💎💎 Ventus Black 6TX 

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Driving Iron: New Level NLU-01 Ventus Black 10TX 

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex TCB 5-AW Modus 130X :titelist-small: T100 4 iron Modus 130X 

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 54.12, 60.08 Modus 125 Wedge/60.10 LAGP L Series 120 Wedge 

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1 

3 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Rick, you read my mind… I was looking at Tour Edge this morning. 😂

I know nothing about their clubs though. I’ve heard some guys say they love them, but I’ve also heard that although very forgiving, they aren’t the longest out there? Which model do you have, and what are your thoughts? If this 6 works out, I’d take a flyer on one of their hybrid sets maybe 7-PW? I think they were $99 per on TGW, but I’d be fine with an older and cheaper version if RBG has them. (Guess what site I’m going to now?)

They are not the longest.  I’ve extended all the hybrid shafts 1.5” and that did the trick.  I have HL4 hybrid in 4, 5 & 6.  My favorite so far is the 6h.

Haven’t tried Tour Edge irons , no LH demo carts available yet on new irons.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Short story, bought a 54.10 S grind SM9 wedge. 

I tried the MG3 54 SB and even though I looove the looks of the new TM wedges, the SM9 just did it better. 

Yanked the shaft and it’s currently in the basement waiting for the modus 120 to cure. 

Now what to do with my 60. I may keep the MG2…the 56 is probably going up for sale. 

• Like 7
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

I tried the MG3 54 SB and even though I looove the looks of the new TM wedges, the SM9 just did it better. 

... Well you can't say that on another forum. Looks evidently trumps performance "LOL, someone else feels same as me! I tested some GD Tour AD shafts, could not get past their fugliness." 

• Haha 7

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

Edison 49* wedge with KBS TGI80 (stiff) shaft ….. best gap wedge I have ever owned, and I’ve had lots of them!

• Like 7

Driver: Ping G425 Max, 9*, Miyazaki  Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 6S, 44.75" playing length

4-Wood: Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Miyazaki Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 7S, 42.75" playing length

5/7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero set to 20* loft; Tensei Blue 75-S, 41.5" playing length

Hybrids: Exotics EXS Pro (22*), Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 75S

Irons: Exotics EXS220 5-iron and New Level MODB-1 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: New Hogan Equalizer wedges (48* and 56* + Maltby TSW Forged 52-8, all bent 1* weak

Putter: Evnroll ER2, 34”with Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTBx

Spoiler

I have received my Accra RPG Tour shaft today and it’s currently curing on the rack.  

Since my last post about the Triple Diamond I have ordered a weight kit from eBay for it.   I also just bought a Srixon F85 3 wood head. The PXG 0211 3 wood experiment ended quickly. The f85 5 wood will have to be pried from my cold dead hands so hopefully the 3 is just as good. Will be purchasing an elements chrome 7f4 post-haste for it. 

If the Triple Diamond and F85 3 wood are keepers, my bag is set except for putter. I’m not in love with the mini gunboat but have yet to decide on what I want for sure. I’m leaning towards an Evnroll ER8.3 if I can find one at the right price. 

• Like 7

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

11 hours ago, Lacassem said:

While I’ll probably go back to the ProVs I always like to try a new Bridgestone see if I notice anything different. Usually don’t and the buy 3 get 1 titleist does I always jump at but I don’t need any this year so will mix a few in.

image.jpg

I don’t know, you might stick with those.  I was really impressed with the XS, and I’m convinced the Bridgestone cover is more durable than a Pro V.  The production quality control from Titleist was really the only reason I went back to them.  That, and the realization that I had no business playing the Tiger ball…. 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

6 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I don’t know, you might stick with those.  I was really impressed with the XS, and I’m convinced the Bridgestone cover is more durable than a Pro V.  The production quality control from Titleist was really the only reason I went back to them.  That, and the realization that I had no business playing the Tiger ball…. 🤣

I played them for a few years and then found the deal in titleist at the beginning of the year and it’s to good to pass up. If Bridgestone did it I would probably buy them TBH

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

8 hours ago, tehuti said:

My 0211 came in on Monday. I finally got to test drive it at the range today. First round with it tomorrow morning.

A0AC15FF-7CB9-482A-A65B-5C82F4947720.jpeg

FEC00728-AC78-4B42-B1BF-218F53C4A900.jpeg

118C0709-46ED-4B6E-9151-005DC348C664.jpeg

What are your first impressions? I just got mine on Friday, and check out my unofficial review thread. I think the spies would like the additional insight.

• Like 2

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I picked up a Callaway Rogue Max driver yesterday after an hour hitting balls with different shafts, heads, etc.  I went back today and hit some more balls with the LS version just to confirm my findings. The regular max won the battle with my old driver's 44.5 Project X Evenflow regular flex shaft. Today I cut the shaft that came with the driver down to my playing length so it should work well. I'm looking forward to some warm weather this coming week and I'll be out there with my new stick!💣

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Cleveland Launcher XL 10.5 Driver
Cleveland Launcher xl halo hy-wood 18 Degree
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 7- wood
Cleveland Launcher XL Irons 5 - PW 
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
TaylorMade
Spider X Hydro Blast Single Bend Putter

Square Strike Wedge aka pocket picker 

12 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

What are your first impressions? I just got mine on Friday, and check out my unofficial review thread. I think the spies would like the additional insight.

First impressions are that it looks good at address and it feels good.Very light. I have only used it for a couple of shots so far. But I’ll have a better idea after next weekend. My fade hasn’t improved any, unfortunately. But it is no worse either.

• Like 4

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

:srixon-small: Z355 22° 7 wood w/Miyazaki Jinsoku shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 19° 3 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:cleveland-small:  Huntington Beach Soft Premier 10.5

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)