Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×
2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

Rory Says Thanks But No Thanks To The Olympics

GolfSpy Barbajo

That's okay Chemclub....it's okay to root for your roots!

The more names that drop out the better. Graham Delate's has his work cut out for him trying to overcome his chip-yips 

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/graham-delaet-withdraws-from-memorial-citing-anxiety-while-chippingpitching

Keep the Gold in Canada!

Although, GD might have an unfair advantage since his beard will keep the mosquitos off of his face and neck. 

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

And here in MN!

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Yall think those are bad? Come check out the birds mosquitoes we have down here is MS. Suckers are awful.  

Edit: My 2000th post would be about gosh damn mosquitoes. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I've lived in VA, AL, NE, and home in MN. Try going up north, you'll see mosquitoes that a .410 wouldn't bring down.

WITB: 

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

I've lived in VA, AL, NE, and home in MN. Try going up north, you'll see mosquitoes that a .410 wouldn't bring down.

Spent alot of time up north. My mom's side of the fam is from Canada and I've traveled all over the states for baseball. I don't seem to like them anywhere I go.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

There are a lot of proposals out to eradicate the mosquito all together, or at least the kind that bite humans. Apparently their little niche in the food chain could be disruptive but that is being weighed against all the disease they carry. Humans matter more than birds right? 

http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100721/full/466432a.html

Let's nuke those little flying syringes!

I have heard of a few companies trying to do this without spraying insecticide over vast swaths of forest.

One introduces genetically modified, sex-crazed mosquito whose offspring can't reproduce and the populations die out.

http://www.oxitec.com/our-solution/technology/

Another is attempting to shoot them out of the sky with, you guessed it... Frickin' lasers beams!

http://www.intellectualventures.com/inventions-patents/our-inventions/photonic-fence/

You want to run for president? Run on eradicating mosquitos. You would have the golfers vote wrapped up.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

• SPY VIP

Let me throw something else out there - If golfers are saying they won't attend due to Zika, I think it's at worst a total cop out and at best an easy excuse. Only 20% of people who are actually exposed to the virus ever show any symptoms - Of that 20% who become ill, the mild symptoms last no more than a week and likely 3-4 days. People with seasonal allergies suffer more than this. 

Because of the associated risks with pregnancy, I'll give any young athlete (male or female) who is planning on starting a family a pass - That said, why aren't we hearing about this from other athletes (swimmers, track, etc?) - What is it about golf, specifically, where athletes are opting not to go? 

Because of the associated risks with pregnancy, I'll give any young athlete (male or female) who is planning on starting a family a pass - That said, why aren't we hearing about this from other athletes (swimmers, track, etc?) - What is it about golf, specifically, where athletes are opting not to go? 

Because golfers and basketball plays can opt out, this isn't their one shining moment or top of the mountain for golfers. Yes a gold medal will be nice but I'd wager a large sum of money if offered a gold medal or a green jacket 99.9999999999% of the pros will take the jacket.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• SPY VIP

Because golfers and basketball plays can opt out, this isn't their one shining moment or top of the mountain for golfers. Yes a gold medal will be nice but I'd wager a large sum of money if offered a gold medal or a green jacket 99.9999999999% of the pros will take the jacket.

Exactly. For most sports the Olympics is like a major, except there's only one and it comes around every four years - But for golfers, I think you're correct in that it would be nice to think they care about a gold medal and representing their country, but in point of fact, this is well down the list for an established professional golfer...now for an amateur? Or journeyman pro?? Maybe a different story...

I don't blame any of these guys. Zika is big. Come home and infect a loved one, or give a new, innocent baby horrible birth defects? Pass. Security? Ditto - it's a sh@+show down there, and I wouldn't risk tearing my loved ones apart for glory. Such a shame, as I do think the highest honor one could hope for as a sportsman would be to raise Olympic gold for your country. Here's hoping the Olympic committee makes better choices in the future, although they could not have seen zika coming 20years ago when they were reviewing bids...

WITB: 

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Archived