Thing you can't help but laugh at.. during a round..

Reesedw

For me 2 stick out... and we have seen things.. 

1) I take my step son out.. I haven't played much and he's played less.. He had trouble getting the ball off the ground, Wormburners all day.. the few shots he did hit OK were done with a 5 wood... Fast forward to 18, 99 yd par 3.. 3 of us hit all wedges.. he steps to the tee just as we realize he has 5 wood in hand Crack.. his best shot of the day ( I was proud of him) Holy Sh!T the first tee is just beyond the 18th green.. He's going to kill someone... All 3 of us Yell "fore" at the same time as his ball hits the 1 tree between 18th green and 1st tee. Center punches it.. Ball bounces backwards onto green 6" from the hole.. but at this point we are not sure how close to the hole just that its on the green.. We are telling him to much club and to be mindful of where his ball might end up.. as we get to the green he walks up pulls the flag and taps in for his first birdie.. We all had a WTH moment and started laughing.. 

2) IN league, par 4 OB ( walking trail)  left fairly wide fairway brush and trees on the right.. one of the guy's i'm playing with/against steps up and pulls his drive OB hits the bark and scoots off into no man's land.. Re-tees Ball 2 within 4 feet of the 1st, Balls 3 and 4 same place, all four balls could have been covered by a Towel.. by now the rest of are dying.. Tees up ball 5 aims 45 degrees right into the brush Hits a low straight shot that runs up the fairway and only stops from entering the bushes by a clump of long grass.. We are all trying to be respectful and not laugh. 

Jim turns to us and without missing a beat states very calmly. " sitting 9 don't think i'm Breaking par on this one.. and starts busting up.. we all lost it.. And bought him a beer at the clubhouse... 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I love getting paired with guys that have a beautiful set of Mizuno blades, struggle to break 100, and then tell me how great the irons feel after they strike their first solid iron shot on the 16th hole

Ha ha ha... Uh wait, when did we play together??! 😂😂😂

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I love getting paired with guys that have a beautiful set of Mizuno blades, struggle to break 100, and then tell me how great the irons feel after they strike their first solid iron shot on the 16th hole

Similar to the guy who can't drive it more than 200, but has to wait for the green on a Par 5 to clear before attempting his 2nd shot (and we know how it goes)

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Missing a tap in, I can either laugh or cry

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

My putting

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

So you have played with my brother then?

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

About 10 years ago I took my 1st assistant to Austin Country Club (current site of the Dell Matchplay) as a treat for working his rear off during 6 straight weeks of junior golf camps. The joint is totally genteel and as such they observe some genteel customs; one of which happens to be the "hit until you're happy" rule on #1 tee. This was my assistant's first time teeing it up at a place like ACC and he was nervous. It didn't seem to calm him down at all when I pointed out Tom Kite hitting wedges at the end of the range. Anyway, we head to the first tee and the starter welcomes us both by name and explains we can hit as many tee shots as necessary to ensure our round begins on a good note. A tee toss gives me honors and I hit a decent shot in the fairway so I'm "happy". My assistant tees it up next and the nerves are clearly evident. He then proceeds to smoke a flat worm burner that ricochets off a tee marker on the next forward box and zips back past us much faster than it left his club face, headed straight toward the clubhouse. There was a literal wall of huge plate glass windows for that ball to find and destroy; but instead it struck the bronze statue of Harvey Penick square in the balls resulting in a gong reminiscent of a clock tower announcing 1 o'clock (2 o'clock would have been more appropriate). Mouth agape and speechless, the starter gawks at my assistant; my mortified assistant looks toward me for support and I manage to respectfully utter "Cody, how bout you drop one next to me?". I get us in the cart and ~100 yards down the fairway before absolutely losing it. I laughed so hard I puked.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

2) IN league, par 4 OB ( walking trail)  left fairly wide fairway brush and trees on the right.. one of the guy's i'm playing with/against steps up and pulls his drive OB hits the bark and scoots off into no man's land.. Re-tees Ball 2 within 4 feet of the 1st, Balls 3 and 4 same place, all four balls could have been covered by a Towel.. by now the rest of are dying.. Tees up ball 5 aims 45 degrees right into the brush Hits a low straight shot that runs up the fairway and only stops from entering the bushes by a clump of long grass.. We are all trying to be respectful and not laugh. 

Jim turns to us and without missing a beat states very calmly. " sitting 9 don't think i'm Breaking par on this one.. and starts busting up.. we all lost it.. And bought him a beer at the clubhouse... 

This sounds like me the past few weeks. All you can do is laugh and hope doesn't last long.

sitting 9 don't think i'm Breaking par on this one.

LMAO! I've been there before.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Every one of my bad shots...I'm a laughing fool around most of the course!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Used to work with a guy who insisted on playing mizuno irons, but had to be blades. He would hit his 7i like 100 yards and brag how smooth they felt.

But what really cracks me up is how often I'll struggle getting to the green, but some how am able to sink the 200 foot 5 breaker putt...for triple.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

I can't help but laugh at the guy I get paired with that looks at every put from every side and angle does a pre shot routine then decides to go and look at it again from all sides and angles and does his pre shot routine and misses the put every time. Deep down inside I'm not really laughing.

Deep down inside I'm not really laughing.

You lie through your teeth!!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

@golfspyMBP's swing and OB stakes he calls legs

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Laugh at, being 1 over through 12, then have a wedge on the par three 13th, only to dig a ditch and only hit the ball 30 feet right into the ravine. Double 13, then double 14, take a good round and put it in the toilet and flush.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

One of my buddies was very heavy into lessons and improving.His game / mental attitude/ and general outlook was deteriorating over multiple seasons.Was so focused on the form of the golf swing vs playing golf.One round it all came apart.He couldn't even get the Ball airborne for half his swings.On the back nine i told him to forget all of this swing info and just hit the ball.He improved almost 15 shots better.We had such a good laugh afterwards.It was real sad watching someone just self destruct like he was.A smile/ some good laughs and the ball going better did him wonders.He never took another lesson after that day

Keep it in the short stuff

• 1 month later...

Volcano cups.....staff at my course are famous for them....putt dead in the middle of the cup breaks hard left or right inches in front of the cup from all sides.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Was playing a scramble on a par 4. As these things go, you can end up in some funky positions and we've left ourselves a delicate chip over a bunker to an extremely narrow landing space for our second shot. Although this shot is only about 20y, the first 3 of us have trouble getting it within 15 feet because it requires Phil's touch to get it to stop. Our fourth guy steps up and skull cocks the ball as if he was trying to skip it across some water. My first thought is "awe S* what a shame to waste that drive" when suddenly, WHACK the ball smokes the flag stick and drops straight down only inches from the cup. We hurry to tap that in and sprint to the next tee.

One of my teammates then says "well that's one way to play your short game" and we all had a good laugh about it for the rest of the round.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Archived