Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How many hole in 1s?

Bags

Been playing for about 25 years and i have 0 holes in one.  I've holed out from the fairway for eagles and been close a few times,  but never had the lucky shot that puts a 1 on the card.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One for me, April 2014.

And the next year I was golfing with my sons best friend, he got an ace on the same hole.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Uno - March 4, 2012

With a stiff March wind in my face I pulled a 6i from 155 yds. The pin was cut middle right midway down a slight slope. Gripping down slightly and with the ball back in my stance I made a sawed-off swing and rifled a perfect knock-down hitting the front left of the green. The ball checked nicely once and began moving right toward the middle of the green taking the slope and break. It rolled right in. !!!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I made 2, but I wanna count my first one double because it was witnessed by 2 groups as they waved us up :). I do have better luck with hole out approach shots. I probably get a few a year.

I once witness a hole in three, first shot in the water then stepped up and put the second one in the hole. Talk about par save.

like freddy couples players championship yrs ago was really cool - Freddy just hitched his pants and cool walked liked almost nothing happened

Bags

One. It was more than twenty years ago when I first started out in this amazing adventure. My friends and I were at the Kunia Golf Course in Hawaii and it was a steep downhill par 3, it must've been around 190, picked up a 3 wood (yes...it was when I was a beginner). Made a swing and went dead straight, as we got down I didn't see my ball and friend looked in the hole and found my ball. Truly an amazing experience, would've been better if I saw it go in, but hey can't complain.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

My first at a course that no longer exists, Hanging Rock GC in Seven Devils, NC, and my second was at Barton Creek in Austin, TX.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Can I tell a HIO story that's not mine? In the early 90s I was stationed at Ft Huachuca in Sierra Vista AZ and got to play and practice at the local semi private course in town. They took pity on me as a broke enlisted man who was an avid golfer so in exchange for running the shop every once in a while I had free course access. Anyway 1 snow bird season I was practice putting next to an elderly gentleman who was rolling 40 footers stone dead putt after putt. That caught my eye and I began chatting with him. I said how impressed I was with his distance control and asked if he had anything specific that he thought about from long range. He said that he picks a mid way point then tries to hit it twice as hard as it takes to cover that spot. I said ok I have no idea what that means and we laughed and chatted about other stuff. He finally introduced himself as Art Wall. I said "holy cow you're the 1959 Masters Champ! You were also on a winning Ryder Cup team and had all those holes in one!" (I'm a bit of a golf history nerd). He seemed pleased that I knew all that and told me a story. He said that he was thrilled w his Master's win because he birdied 5 of the last 6 holes, but all anyone talked about was Palmer choking it away to lose. But he was most fond of his Ryder Cup experience. He said the worst thing was all anyone ever wanted to talk to him about was all those aces. He had somewhere in the high 30s to over 40. He had lost track and didn't care about them anyway. I said that's still pretty cool, why don't you like talking about them. He replied "because they're a reminder young fella. I'm a little guy, and I can't hit it very far or very high, and I had to fight and scratch like hell to make it on tour. The better players all could hit it way up in the air and make it land real soft. Well those types of shots don't go in the hole very often but they sure make it easier to play golf. I couldn't ever do that. So I always used a 10 finger grip and had to hit a low hook to get it to go anywhere. That's a damn hard way to have to play golf but it does lead to a lot of holes in one. My ball is always landing on the front of the green and rolling, and a ball that's rolling has a chance to go in. A few of them did. But every time it happened it was just a reminder to me that 'you don't hit that shot because you want to. You hit that shot because you don't have a damn choice'. I would have traded them all for a different ball flight, and I would have won a lot more too." I never saw that opinion expressed anywhere in print, but there were lots of stories about all the aces and how he hated to talk about them. He was very nice to me and we would chat often that season while he was there. He could only chip and putt as he was rehabbing from a shoulder surgery so we spent quite a few hours putting together. I never asked him about the holes in one again and he was not much of a story teller so we would just talk of our families, or the Army or random golf stuff. I never forgot his explanation and it always reminded me that nobody who plays this game is ever satisfied with the way they play. There's always something out of reach for us, and the lesson is to be the best you can living with your own limitations.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Can I tell a HIO story that's not mine? In the early 90s I was stationed at Ft Huachuca in Sierra Vista AZ and got to play and practice at the local semi private course in town. They took pity on me as a broke enlisted man who was an avid golfer so in exchange for running the shop every once in a while I had free course access. Anyway 1 snow bird season I was practice putting next to an elderly gentleman who was rolling 40 footers stone dead putt after putt. That caught my eye and I began chatting with him. I said how impressed I was with his distance control and asked if he had anything specific that he thought about from long range. He said that he picks a mid way point then tries to hit it twice as hard as it takes to cover that spot. I said ok I have no idea what that means and we laughed and chatted about other stuff. He finally introduced himself as Art Wall. I said "holy cow you're the 1959 Masters Champ! You were also on a winning Ryder Cup team and had all those holes in one!" (I'm a bit of a golf history nerd). He seemed pleased that I knew all that and told me a story. He said that he was thrilled w his Master's win because he birdied 5 of the last 6 holes, but all anyone talked about was Palmer choking it away to lose. But he was most fond of his Ryder Cup experience. He said the worst thing was all anyone ever wanted to talk to him about was all those aces. He had somewhere in the high 30s to over 40. He had lost track and didn't care about them anyway. I said that's still pretty cool, why don't you like talking about them. He replied "because they're a reminder young fella. I'm a little guy, and I can't hit it very far or very high, and I had to fight and scratch like hell to make it on tour. The better players all could hit it way up in the air and make it land real soft. Well those types of shots don't go in the hole very often but they sure make it easier to play golf. I couldn't ever do that. So I always used a 10 finger grip and had to hit a low hook to get it to go anywhere. That's a damn hard way to have to play golf but it does lead to a lot of holes in one. My ball is always landing on the front of the green and rolling, and a ball that's rolling has a chance to go in. A few of them did. But every time it happened it was just a reminder to me that 'you don't hit that shot because you want to. You hit that shot because you don't have a damn choice'. I would have traded them all for a different ball flight, and I would have won a lot more too." I never saw that opinion expressed anywhere in print, but there were lots of stories about all the aces and how he hated to talk about them. He was very nice to me and we would chat often that season while he was there. He could only chip and putt as he was rehabbing from a shoulder surgery so we spent quite a few hours putting together. I never asked him about the holes in one again and he was not much of a story teller so we would just talk of our families, or the Army or random golf stuff. I never forgot his explanation and it always reminded me that nobody who plays this game is ever satisfied with the way they play. There's always something out of reach for us, and the lesson is to be the best you can living with your own limitations.

Great story thanks for sharing.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I've only had one hole in one, when I was 13 yo - 50 years ago!

I missed a hole in one a few weeks ago by literally 2” - it was directly behind the pin, so it may be the pin kept it from going in. Probably a good thing it didn't go in as I was alone, and they don't count without a witness (or so I was taught).

recently I was hitting very , alone, feeling it, and I grabbed my phone to film it just in case. Nope, but at least I had a plan.

None for me and never seen one either.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Same here. I forgot to mention it in my original post but I have never even seen one in person.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

1999, thanks for highlighting that. On the fly no less. Amazing!

Awesome video! Whatever happened to Teardrop Golf? 

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

That's a great story, gaussman. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I've been playing for 42 years and have had 6 hole in one's

My most recent one was in 2008. Been in a slump for a number of years now. LOL!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I have 1 hole in one. 205 yards. 5 wood when I was 18. Didn't see it go in. I have 7 legit hole outs (not counting like 30 yard pitches) and I've only ever seen one go in which was a 6 iron for eagle

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I've had one but it was almost two years ago now.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

That's a great story!

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I finally got one last year at Los Cabalaros in Wickenburg AZ. #12 142 yards 9 iron. Hit it perfect about 145 off the back ridge and spun it back into the hole. Had a group witness it from the next tee box, made it a little cooler.

One.  About 10 years ago.  Playing with my normal Saturday group, we do a 6x6x6 team matches based off handicap and using stableford scoring.  Twin Lakes "Lakes" course in Fairfax, VA- 6th hole is a 165 yard par 3- wind blowing into our faces, rain threatening.  My partner and I are down 6 with this hole to go, and I casually say- " all we need to do is get two holes-in-one to tie them!"  He chuckles, and I tee up.  Stripe a 5 iron into the freshening wind, the ball clears the front greenside bunker and disappears behind the lip, near the cub, but because the lip of the bunker hides the hole, we cant be sure...  I say - "OK Jay, now you put yours in and we tie!!!" He didn't, but we did have a good laugh when we finally got to the green and confirmed that my ball did go in.  Glad that there were not too many others on the course that morning- I bought my group their lunch beverages, and that was about it!  Got off easy!

Have witnessed one as well, a threesome ahead of me waived me to join them (I was a single)- on Army Navy Fairfax Red 4, a 140 yard par three across Daniels Run creek.  The second guy in the group hits a great shot that takes one bounce and lands, rolls a few feet right into the cup- everyone hollers, and I say - maybe I need to let you guys go ahead of me!!!  

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Only 1, about my 2nd or 3rd year playing. I think it was about 90 yards?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Nada! Mother in law who plays 4 or 5 times a year has one, but I'm still looking for my first.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I've had 3.  Last one was this summer.

I have to add that my wife has seen my last two.  The one this last summer... she called me an a__hole!  Why?  Because I have been playing for 26 years, and she has been playing for 53 years and has never had one!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've had two.  Holes 12 and 16 at Squire Creek Country Club.  They happened about a year apart, but that's been about 4-5 years ago.  

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

One.  About 10 years ago.  Playing with my normal Saturday group, we do a 6x6x6 team matches based off handicap and using stableford scoring.  Twin Lakes "Lakes" course in Fairfax, VA- 6th hole is a 165 yard par 3- wind blowing into our faces, rain threatening.  My partner and I are down 6 with this hole to go, and I casually say- " all we need to do is get two holes-in-one to tie them!"  He chuckles, and I tee up.  Stripe a 5 iron into the freshening wind, the ball clears the front greenside bunker and disappears behind the lip, near the cub, but because the lip of the bunker hides the hole, we cant be sure...  I say - "OK Jay, now you put yours in and we tie!!!" He didn't, but we did have a good laugh when we finally got to the green and confirmed that my ball did go in.  Glad that there were not too many others on the course that morning- I bought my group their lunch beverages, and that was about it!  Got off easy!

Have witnessed one as well, a threesome ahead of me waived me to join them (I was a single)- on Army Navy Fairfax Red 4, a 140 yard par three across Daniels Run creek.  The second guy in the group hits a great shot that takes one bounce and lands, rolls a few feet right into the cup- everyone hollers, and I say - maybe I need to let you guys go ahead of me!!!  

I know exactly which holes those are.  I've played them both as well.  The Lakes course is the par 3 up the hill a bit with the two bunkers ... one in the front on the right and one left.  I've been in that one on the right a lot when the pin is over there.

I used to work on the grounds crew for over 10 years at ANCC Arlington, so I got to play there & Fairfax a lot as a teenager.

Congrats on the Hole-In-One! 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Only come close once, always wondered if I'll ever get that illusive ace

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Archived